Old 02-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
wademac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Blackberry Enterprise Issues

Please Login to Remove!

I've had my Storm about 3 weeks....Purchased it as a result of a change in employment....Had to give up a company owned 8800, and where I was going to requires employees to furnish their own phone for a phone allowance....

I have had pretty good luck with the original OS (.75)...no real screen issues or slowness. This week I had my new IT department do the Enterprise activation so I could start synching my work email, calendar, etc. Now that my Storm is synching with my company's servers, it seems to be very slow.....always getting the Blackberry "timer" anytime I am wanting to do something.

Has anyone else experienced this slow down after having Enterprise activation /synching with business email? I am coming up on my "30 day deadline" for keeping the phone and I'm wondering if I either need to swap for another Storm or go with a completely different Blackberry.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Tri-Tip
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650

Quote:
Originally Posted by wademac View Post
I've had my Storm about 3 weeks....Purchased it as a result of a change in employment....Had to give up a company owned 8800, and where I was going to requires employees to furnish their own phone for a phone allowance....

I have had pretty good luck with the original OS (.75)...no real screen issues or slowness. This week I had my new IT department do the Enterprise activation so I could start synching my work email, calendar, etc. Now that my Storm is synching with my company's servers, it seems to be very slow.....always getting the Blackberry "timer" anytime I am wanting to do something.

Has anyone else experienced this slow down after having Enterprise activation /synching with business email? I am coming up on my "30 day deadline" for keeping the phone and I'm wondering if I either need to swap for another Storm or go with a completely different Blackberry.
My storm has been connected to the company's BES since the day I got it, and it's exactly the same as the other BB's I've had over the years, the synchronization is seamless and invisible.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
wademac

That's good to hear. I'm thinking my slowdown may be a result of either the theme I'm using or maybe an application I've loaded.

I'm still on OS .75 and I've found that if I use one of the new themes that are out I get some lag. If I switch back to the original Precision Zen that came on the Storm, it seems to run much smoother.

I switched back to original theme and haven't noticed the lag during the day so far.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
murpheous
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Yeah, it must be the theme. EA doesn't slow down BB's
Old 02-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
wademac

didn't think it would since that is what they were originally created for....

since I'm still on OS .75 I wasn't sure if there were any Enterprise issues lingering or not....

I've determined that one of the bDroid Storm themes seems to be the main culprit on slow down, lag, and even sometimes freezing up. I hope these issues will be taken care of in future OS updates, because I sure would like to be able to use some of the nice Droid & Appleberry themes....
Old 03-10-2009, 05:13 AM   #6
Dube

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Support Manager
Default Follow this step might be it will help in Blackberry Enterprise Activation.

Blackberry Enterprise Activation Steps.

The Blackberry Enterprise service delivers seamless bi-directional wireless synchronization of Exchange PIM data, e-mail, tasks, memos, calendars, and address books. It also provides automatic backup of user preferences and can provide additional security by remotely "killing" lost or stolen devices.

Before you go for "Enterprise Activation; please ensure that you are ready for "Enterprise Activation" by checking the below given checklist.

Data Plan:

Please ensure that your device has a "Blackberry Enterprise Data Plan".

BES Account:

Please ensure that your mailbox has been enabled for use with BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service). If not then please contact your administrator and for any clarification he can get in touch with us at support at apps4rent.com.

Coverage:

Please ensure that handheld wireless device is on and that you are in an area of wireless coverage.

Enterprise Activation

From the device, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click Settings and then Options.

2. Click on Advanced Options and then Enterprise Activation.

If Enterprise Activation option is not available on your device, then please contact your carrier and verify dataplan. They may need to "resend your service books" to make this option available.

3. Enter your primary email address: (press the space key for a "@" symbol and again for ".") Example: adam.smith at johndoe.com

4. Enter the activation password.

5. Click the Menu button

6. Select Activate

Your device will Verify encryption keys and start downloading service books. Time for the download of mails and items will depend upon the size of your mailbox.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #7
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

The best way to speed up the Storm is to dump the verizon stuff. Application Center/VZ Navigator/Visual Voicemail. Reboot and enjoy.
Closed Thread