Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL
Question BerryDialer calling/phone card app for BlackBerry

Please Login to Remove!

Just found this press release in the sponsor forum: http://www.blackberryforums.com/s4bb...-released.html

Has anyone tried that yet? I am considering to upgrade from my version 1.3 I am still running...
Old 09-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
=Doby
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: ROGERS
Default itokk.mobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkym View Post
Just found this press release in the sponsor forum: http://www.blackberryforums.com/s4bb...-released.html

Has anyone tried that yet? I am considering to upgrade from my version 1.3 I am still running...
Or you could just use

for FREE instead of paying a license fee for a software program you need to download
Old 09-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

As far as I can see I have to register there and make my calls over their service?

Though I can get some minutes for free I still have to stick with their plans and rates afterwards, right? That's really not what I want. I buy a cheap calling card on the street and call for 1 cent per minute to Europe. That's much better
Old 10-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
ayking

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I use BerryDailer, and it's amazing for using calling cards. I used to have to either memorize or write down numbers that I'm not familiar with before calling my calling card, but now it only takes two clicks. I've set up 4 calling cards so far and it's been working great.

RE: itokk On the other thread someone mentioned a rate of 5 cents instead of calling card's 1 cent. If you do the math, $19.99/$0.04 = 500 minutes, i.e. if you talk more than 500 minutes, the savings you get from your calling card would cover the cost of the program. Everything you use afterwards would be a net saving. I know for sure that I'll go over 500 minutes in a month...

On the other hand, if you are 1) over your outgoing call bucket AND 2) have unlimited incoming, then you may consider using itokk as it'll be cheaper than paying just for the local outgoing call to use the calling card.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #5
=Doby
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: ROGERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayking View Post
I use BerryDailer, and it's amazing for using calling cards. I used to have to either memorize or write down numbers that I'm not familiar with before calling my calling card, but now it only takes two clicks. I've set up 4 calling cards so far and it's been working great.

RE: itokk On the other thread someone mentioned a rate of 5 cents instead of calling card's 1 cent. If you do the math, $19.99/$0.04 = 500 minutes, i.e. if you talk more than 500 minutes, the savings you get from your calling card would cover the cost of the program. Everything you use afterwards would be a net saving. I know for sure that I'll go over 500 minutes in a month...

On the other hand, if you are 1) over your outgoing call bucket AND 2) have unlimited incoming, then you may consider using itokk as it'll be cheaper than paying just for the local outgoing call to use the calling card.
Thank you...somebody that gets it! And tell me, which calling card charges 1 cent a minute WITHOUT any hidden connection or maintenance fees? i thought so...

itokk might not be the cheapest on the market, but it works for those with a smartphone that don't want to bother with downloads or running out each time to buy a calling card, or deal with silly hang-up routines.

I'm in Bangkok, Thailand now...bought a cheap 100 Bht (about $3-$4) sim card and i'm using itokk to make all my long distance calls AND with unlimited incoming calls...calling has never been so easy or so cheap
Old 10-04-2008, 01:32 AM   #6
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Doby View Post
Thank you...somebody that gets it! And tell me, which calling card charges 1 cent a minute WITHOUT any hidden connection or maintenance fees? i thought so...

itokk might not be the cheapest on the market, but it works for those with a smartphone that don't want to bother with downloads or running out each time to buy a calling card, or deal with silly hang-up routines.

I'm in Bangkok, Thailand now...bought a cheap 100 Bht (about $3-$4) sim card and i'm using itokk to make all my long distance calls AND with unlimited incoming calls...calling has never been so easy or so cheap

doby, i think that is their business model: give away software for free and charge ridiculous prices for the service that comes with the "free" software ... kind of sneaky though ...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #7
aly@cardkaller

Model: 8100

We have an app that is meant for calling cards and acts as a dialer. Here's how it works:

1. Pick a contact from your BlackBerry address book
2. Choose a calling card
3. CardKaller does the rest

We are beta testing now. Anyone who want to try it and give us feedback get a free copy of the app.

Aly
FREE 90 day trial. Try it now.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
titas

Carrier: T-Mobile

I have written a calling card application for myself, thought might be useful for you guys too.

unable to post the url, so check it out from my main website titasraha dot com
Old 08-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #9
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: rogers

Try EasyDialer. Calling Card Dialer -- Free Trial Version BlackBerry Dialer, BlackBerry Google Voice Dialer, Callback Dialer, Prefix Dialer

You can dial calling card as dialing normal number, just select a contact then click Send key, the dialer handles the rest.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #10
bisser

Carrier: T-Mobile

I am using another calling card dialer avaialble at the AppWorld called BlaCaDa. It also has a completely free version.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
ssb16
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: ask first

I have an unlimited plan on my blackberry and I also have a calling card that gives me nationwide calling at 1.9c per minute in Canada.

Question I have is

1. How reliable is itokk.mobi? Does anyone use it and are there any hidden charges, costs? Thing the provider will charge me?
2. I want to put a calling card into the phone so that I just dial my number and get the call overseas.

What do you guys suggest?

------------------------------

Just read the fine print...0.05 per min.....I think I'll find the app for the calling card for local calls and then use this for long distance.

Last edited by ssb16; 11-26-2009 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Update after reading Itokki website
Old 01-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
gmow

Model: 8900
Default Berry Dialer with Roger Blackberry issue

Hi all,

I used to be using Berry Dialer with my 8900(Roger phone) but the issue happen since July 2009, I don't know is Roger changed something in their mobile network or I did something wrong, I can't use my Berry Dialer anymore. Looks like my phone not allow me to use "Pause", the only thing I can use is "Wait" but looks like Berry Dialer is using "Pause" instead. Anyone has same issue? Any idea to change it back? Please help.
Closed Thread