Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Straight Talk
Default Live Pics Of The Thunder!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Look what Kevin @ CrackBerry.com got ahold of. Some live pics of the Thunder!!

Exclusive: First Live Pics of the BlackBerry Thunder! | CrackBerry.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by BBSwany; 07-13-2008 at 03:48 PM..
Old 07-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Thank you for the link. I hope it comes to VZW

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Thank you for the link. I hope it comes to VZW
Its a Verizon/Vodafone exclusive
Old 07-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 4.6.0.67)

www.blackberrynews.com
Old 07-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
Unclebelvis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830

While I am a Blackberry fanboy, I am no Apple hater/basher, but that thing looks like it is going to be WAY easier to type on than the iphone. However, I will be in landscape mode all time. Can't do SureType.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
strike2tamu
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Looks good.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Looks nice, very clean. Time will tell how the actual OS runs though.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #8
arthur.liu7

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

this is truly indeed....amazing
Old 07-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #9
DMX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: CURVE
Carrier: FIDO

VERY, VERY SAD!!!! I am a true blackberry supporter from day one and have never ever wanted to change until now. I was going to wait for the touch blackberry to come out but not sure anymore. The Iphone is ten million years ahead in user interface. In the pics the Thunder looks bulky and confirms what a friend told me that works at RIM. The email looks like the same setup as other blackberries (blan and boring) compared to the iphone setup. The THUNDER should have a user interface which is much better then the Iphone or RIM will seriously be in trouble in the future if they keep the same old boring basic setup and user interface on this touchscreen.

RIM cannot just come out with a touch screen and expect it to be better then the Iphone because it say's BLACKBERRY on it. They have to seriously kick some but and renovate the looks and sexiness of the onscreen display with hopefully nicer ways of incoming phone calls and email, text, and web browsing, menu options, etc.

I thought I would never say this as I bashed the first Iphone but the Iphone may seriously be way better then the THUNDER. BLACKBERRY lovers seriously need to take 2 steps back and look at the overall user experience of the Iphone and they will realize RIM has some big things to accomplish to raise the bar for the IPHONE.

Last edited by DMX; 07-13-2008 at 08:54 PM..
Old 07-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
PKIronMan

Model: 9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX View Post
BLACKBERRY lovers seriously need to take 2 steps back and look at the overall user experience of the Iphone and they will realize RIM has some big things to accomplish to raise the bar for the IPHONE.
This comes down to a matter of priorities. I used the 3G iPhone extensively Friday and Saturday and while there was a lot of neato, a few unpleasantries, some pretty pictures, smooth transitions, music, etc. there was minimal speed in txt and email. Typing was painful. Getting into various menus was a comedy of errors with button presses. Etc. If I was quite deliberate, relative to how quickly I navigate the BB, then it was a-OK.

The question is will the Thunder be as forgiving as the current lineup? You can FLY through operations on current BBs without fear of odd buttons, rogue menus, etc.

Anyway, so my "user experience" on a BB is much more to my liking that the iPhone.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #11
DMX
Thumbs Must Hurt

You used the Iphone for 2 days? How long have you used a blackberry, I have a friend that has the Iphone and he types emails in lightning speed with no errors. It just takes time to navigate through any phone. The overall user experience is key, like I said take 2 steps back and look at the overall picture with no prejudice and you will see that Blackberry has alot to do with the THUNDER as it has ONLY been made to compete with the Iphone.

So a boring and plain jane interface will just humiliate RIM in the end. They should have just not even bothered building a touchscreen. Iphone s on their 2nd which as everyone knows is a big deal as RIM is only on their first touchscreen. I bet even as we speak Iphone is constructing their 3rd Iphone, RIM HAS ALOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO IF THEY WANT TO COMPETE WITH IPHONE BY MAKING A TOUCHSCREEN.

The Bold and Curve are phones that are great and should remain for certain people but the Touchscreen has to head in a little bit of different direction and not the same old business boring interface.

***Just look at the keyboard it looks very, very sad. My ATARI had better graphics on their letters. I am disappointed so far, I really hope RIM proves me wrong when this comes out but as of now it does not look good. RIM has to keep in mind what type of people will buy the touchscreen, young hip business people and not old farts.

Last edited by DMX; 07-13-2008 at 09:59 PM..
Old 07-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #12
Stang68
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: EAPPLE EXPRESS

Quote:
They should have just not even bothered building a touchscreen. Iphone s on their 2nd which as everyone knows is a big deal as RIM is only on their first touchscreen. I bet even as we speak Iphone is constructing their 3rd Iphone, RIM HAS ALOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO IF THEY WANT TO COMPETE WITH IPHONE BY MAKING A TOUCHSCREEN.
So wait, let me get this straight. What you're saying is the fact that Apple has released two touch-screen phones already is reason enough for RIM to NOT build one? If RIM wants to get into the touchscreen market they do have to start with the first model, right? Or can they go into the future and produce two of the same phone in the same generation? You, sir, have made an excellent point! RIM should not bother with a touchscreen phone because it would be their first one! This guy is a genius! Apple beat them to it so that OBVIOUSLY means game over!

This DMX guy is too smart for me...
Old 07-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
PKIronMan

Quote:
You used the Iphone for 2 days?
I used the 3G iPhone for two days, I used the original for about three months before I concluded the BB was still more efficient for my messaging needs. I was hoping the revision did more than just add GPS and change network dressing. It didn't.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #14
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

a couple of differant people stated this is a very early build of the OS. Lets not jump the gun until the final version is released im pretty sure the folks at RIM know what their doing remember they been in the game for over ten years.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:43 PM   #15
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Looks nice, but just not my speed.

Even if the iPhone or iPhone 2 were released as Blackberry's, I would still not have made the move. I do wish RIM all the luck in the world with this device, I just hope it doesn't slow R&D on phones I may enjoy (selfish, yes).
Old 07-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #16
DMX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
So wait, let me get this straight. What you're saying is the fact that Apple has released two touch-screen phones already is reason enough for RIM to NOT build one? If RIM wants to get into the touchscreen market they do have to start with the first model, right? Or can they go into the future and produce two of the same phone in the same generation? You, sir, have made an excellent point! RIM should not bother with a touchscreen phone because it would be their first one! This guy is a genius! Apple beat them to it so that OBVIOUSLY means game over!

Funny your saying I'm too smart, buddy go back and read... I never said because Iphone built it first that RIM should not.... Clearly STATED that RIM has to step it up as apple is on a roll and perfecting their Iphone with their 2nd generation being released and much better then their first. Pardon me for you ignorance.

Anyway didn't mean to hurt your feelings, didn't know you were so attached to RIM... Like I said before I am a huge blackberry supporter but releasing these pictures do not help one bit (they were leaked on purpose obviously) and like I said before, I'll say it again, a friend at RIM says the device is thick which will totally suck!

Last edited by DMX; 07-13-2008 at 11:57 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 02:13 AM   #17
korp

Model: STORM
PIN: 305422EE
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

The phone does look a little wide for my preference but I have to believe it will be a stable device. I haven't played with the 3g iphone but the original is very hard to type on because the letters are so close to each other maybe the wider thunder will make it easier? I can only imagine how much more of a pain it is to type on the new iphone than the old since they go down in size. It seems like the thunder is going to be like the sidekick possibly .... but I'm excited for it and hopefully its sweet so I can get it heh.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:25 AM   #18
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Why does one always have to "kill" the other? RIM is not having any problem selling devices. I doubt they ever will. Apple isn't having any trouble selling devices either. I think there's room for both. However, there's not room for both on my belt. There's only room for BB.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:58 AM   #19
PKIronMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Why does one always have to "kill" the other? RIM is not having any problem selling devices. I doubt they ever will. Apple isn't having any trouble selling devices either. I think there's room for both. However, there's not room for both on my belt. There's only room for BB.
DIE DIE DIE! Oh, wait... err....

There are a few seats available over here. *shuffle shuffle*

It's our tribal instinct.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:49 AM   #20
Stang68
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: EAPPLE EXPRESS

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post

Funny your saying I'm too smart, buddy go back and read... I never said because Iphone built it first that RIM should not.... Clearly STATED that RIM has to step it up as apple is on a roll and perfecting their Iphone with their 2nd generation being released and much better then their first. Pardon me for you ignorance.

Anyway didn't mean to hurt your feelings, didn't know you were so attached to RIM... Like I said before I am a huge blackberry supporter but releasing these pictures do not help one bit (they were leaked on purpose obviously) and like I said before, I'll say it again, a friend at RIM says the device is thick which will totally suck!
I'm pretty sure you said it right in the paragraph that I quoted. Maybe I can't read but I THINK it says it...yea, pretty sure it does.

But, I do agree with you when you say that these pics are not too good looking. Apparently this is an old picture of it, so I'm hoping for the best.
Closed Thread