Old 06-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
kelvinsmj

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Digi
Default Blackberry 9550 with Digi in Malaysia

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I've been using this device with a carrier called Digi in Malaysia for the past 6 months and recently I've installed the desktop manager and it asked me "where are you" so I put "Malaysia" and it is so "SMART" to update my device software, making it unable to connect to BIS.

For anyone who is using this device in malaysia, with Digi in particular, can you please advice me how am I suppose to get it working?

I think it is too smart to update my phone without noticing that it is a 9550 (ie not the 9520 version that is available in Malaysia) causing it to fail to connect to BIS. And maybe RIM can explain why it needs to update the CORE software when I go to a different country, shouldn't this be a SMART phone that is smart enough to figure out what to do?

Cheers,

Kelvin
Old 06-15-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Perhaps your carrier doesn't support BIS?

And by the way, we are not in any way connected to RIM. This Forum is run by volunteers who love their BBs.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
kelvinsmj

It does, and I've been using it without any issue until recent "CORE application" upgrade requested by BB desktop software and the whole thing stuffed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Perhaps your carrier doesn't support BIS?

And by the way, we are not in any way connected to RIM. This Forum is run by volunteers who love their BBs.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 AM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Resend your service books.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
kelvinsmj

Default I did that

I just did and it works once I received the service book, but if I restart it, it's gone again. There are few service books that are missing, the main one that I've noticed is WAP2 .......

Also, even after receiving the service book, it failed to get connected to BIS once in a while for no reason (I didn't do anything, try to use it and noticed it's not connected). Then after some wait, it's back connected again (ranging from 30 minutes to few hours wait).

I was told by the service provider that this device is not supported but it was working fine for over 6 months and suddenly have this problem few days back. It's really weird. I'm just wondering if there are any other Malaysian with Digi who uses the same phone has this problem. (to eliminate whether it is my particular phone problem or really 9550 conflict with digi).
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
vinvin

I'm facing the same issue with Digi after using their service for 3 months. Seem like Digi is not going to do anything about it because i visited their service center and their officer didn't have any solution on this issue. So, I'm thinking of either abandon BB or Digi. Haven't see any complain from Maxis user. Perhaps, appreciate if any Maxis user can give their feedback here.
Closed Thread