Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
randrew20

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Screen Lock - Keep clicking screen when in my pocket

Please Login to Remove!

Did anyone find a way to lock out the screen completely when the device is locked? I am finding that when it is in my pocket I feel it constantly clicking thus turning on the screen and wasting the battery. Sometimes i noticed when i was sitting with it in my pocket the screen was just held in the "clicked" position. I believe that the back light just stays on if you hold it clicked even in locked mode.

Any ideas?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
GT5L
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: askme
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (bb8320TMO)

I had the same problem I solved it by taking it out of my pocket.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
drse

Model: 9530

There is a lock button at the top, left corner of the case. Not on the screen - it's on the case itself.

It was driving me crazy since I found the lock function in the menu and it was telling me to press the lock button to unlock it. Took a while to find it...
Old 11-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
plakius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None

i really miss standby mode .... i always put my bb in my pocket and with my OCD i feel like the battery drains in pocket cause the back light keeps turning on as i move ... maybe in the next update they'll give us that back
Old 11-23-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
Nbot
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500

The "LOCK" button on top left is the current "solution" but its not ideal. I think it should LOCK and *ONLY* respond to unlocking it with the same button, ie, if you press the start/end buttons, the screen shouldn't come on and tell you to hit the "unlock" key. I guess then, there would be too many people that didn't bother to read the directions to know there was an unlock key calling support though!!! Maybe as an advanced option this should be available...
Old 11-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #6
mundyb
Thumbs Must Hurt

I find that I press the lock button while it's in my pocket, therefore unlocking it and pressing a lot of buttons. So I try to put it in my pocket with the lock button up and the screen facing out away from my leg. Hoping that the heat sensitive screen isn't acting in case the unlock is accidentally pressed. Hopefully there will be a more advanced lock keypress combination in the future.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #7
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Get a BB pouch with a magnet why don't you? Then you don't have to mess with the lock button and the screen turns off as soon as you slip it in the pouch. You can't hit any buttons either. No pocket lint/scratches.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
mundyb
Thumbs Must Hurt

I tried that with the crappy pouch that came with my Curve... Not so good. I played around with it for a minute and found that the magnetic pickup is about 2/3 of the way up the screen. Nowhere near other BB's. They should have at least included a pouch or something with this thing.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:39 AM   #9
SamMyers
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9350
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I upgraded to the Storm from an 8830. The standard case that came with the 8830 (leather pouch with magnet and belt clip) works quite well. The storm is slightly narrower and shorter, but a bit thicker. Funny thing is is that the local Verizon stores do not stock this holder, even though they do for their other Blackberry's. I had to go to the Dark Side (ie. AT&T) to get a new one.

In regards to another option for "locking" the phone. If you use the "power" button in the apps screen, it will completely lock the phone (ie. pressing screen does nothing). However, you won't receive any call or messages either. It completely turns off the phone. Good new though; turning it back on is extremely quick. It's not like rebooting the phone.
Closed Thread