Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
psxiloveyou
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default slow... very slow

Please Login to Remove!

internet = very slow. getting very annoying.

I can't get my unlocked storm 9530 to stay on EDGE. I load one page. Myspace mobile site (not app). I have to wait 10 or 15 minutes to get my phone to go back to EDGE... because it ALWAYS drops to 'edge.' I'm so sick of it!

I want 3G and I know I can't get that. I'm on at&t.

But after the storm being out for a while, has anyone been able to figure out a way to get this phone to run better being unlocked?

What can I do about memory? I use my 6 apps all of the time. I'm down below 5MB of memory.

I have a 2GB memory card for pictures & music.

I am constantly doing battery pulls because my phone freezes up or I can't even unlock it at times. it'll stay a black screen or freeze while trying to unlock or even lock it.

what can I do because this is driving my crazy. I can't even get half of the apps I would like to use that I use on a computer because of memory.

I can't install a theme that I've been waiting for to finish for a half hour... insufficient memory. this is ridiculous!! a theme.. not an application.

and now its freezing after I just deleted three applications. I buy a theme, and I don't even get the theme. so I've been charged for something I can't download. LOVELY.

please help. I need help fixing this phone that I used to love.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

I know this is not very helpful but being on AT&T you have to understand that you are competing for data network against millions of iPhone users who are data hogs.... Not to mention that AT&T is not perfect (to put it nicely)....

I was on Verizon with my Storm 2 for 5 month and then I had to come back to Venezuela, and I knew I was gonna lose 3G in exchange for EDGE... and knowing my third-world-country-carriers I though it was gonna be A LOT worse than what it is....

yes, the pages render slower but not that much... and for what is worth, I think one of the must-have-apps for you should be Opera, since its noticeable faster than current browser (plus tabs, plus visual bookmarks, plus plus plus...)

Regarding the memory issues, I would recommend to get rid of apps you really dont use via Desktop Manager, even if some are RIM's such as Blackberry Maps...

Also make sure you dont have all the other languages that take space...

Dont uninstall anything you dont know what it is....
Closed Thread