BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
Amberley

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange/Unlocked
Default Blackberry won't send/receive calls or texts but can still access internet.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
I have a blackberry curve 9300, it's with Orange but has been unlocked and has an o2 sim in it.
A couple of weeks ago I lost the phone so I called o2 and they deactivated the sim then sent me a new one, which works perfectly fine. A few days ago someone called up my Dad saying that they had found my phone, but due to it having a lock on it they had to wipe the handset in order to get contact details. I got the phone back, put my sim in it and it won't do anything. It's recognising the sim fine but I can't send or receive calls and texts, yet I can still go on the internet. It used to work absolutely fine before I lost it, so I can't understand as to why it's suddenly not working. I went into o2 this morning but they wouldn't do anything as it's an Orange phone, and Orange wouldn't do anything as it was unlocked, so I'm stuck.

Any clue as to why this is happening?

When I try to send a text it has a red X by it and says - Retries Exceeded.
When I try to call it instantly says - Call Failed.

Your advice is VERY much appreciated! Pulling my hair out here - I miss my Blackberry and am currently stuck with my old LG.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Blackberry won't send/receive calls or texts but can still access internet.

Sounds like it might be blocked.

When you go to Options > SIM Card, what does it read next to "Network"?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
Amberley

Default Re: Blackberry won't send/receive calls or texts but can still access internet.

Sorry, phone took ages to switch on.

There's nothing that says 'Network' under that option.
However, at the top it says 'SIM Card: Security Disabled.'
My thought about it being blocked though is, why is it recognising it's with o2?
And why would it not be telling me to unlock it?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberley View Post
And why would it not be telling me to unlock it?
You said above:
Quote:
but due to it having a lock on it they had to wipe the handset in order to get contact details.
If the finder indeed wiped it, it will no longer be asking for the lock password.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Amberley

So I'm going to have to buy another unlocking code?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
Amberley

Phone isn't locked, I've inserted an Orange SIM card which is the original holder of the phone, and that won't even work in it.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Sounds like when you reported it as lost or stolen, the carrier blocked the device making it useless.

You only need to unlock once - once unlocked, it is always unlocked. That is much different from being blocked.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
Amberley

Ah, see now that's what I guessed. I asked on another forum if that was possible, but they all said it wasn't. However, it seems like the only possible solution.
What a pain. :/
Old 02-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

All you can do is call back Orange and explain it was reported as lost and Orange put a block on the phone. You have now found the phone so you would like the block removed.

If they responded to your call when reporting it lost you can only hope they will respond now that it is found. Visiting a store may not be as effective.

Wouldn't hurt to try.....
Closed Thread