Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default BB Orlando (a.k.a. Curve Touch)

Please Login to Remove!

RIM is currently prepping two new non-touchscreen additions to its Curve line this year, codenamed the Apollo (GSM) and Sedona (CDMA). On top of that, the company is said to be working on a full touchscreen Curve, appropriately dubbed the Curve Touch. Now, to confuse matters even further, BlackBerry enthusiast blog N4BB reveals an image of what it purports to be the BlackBerry Orlando — which is apparently just like the Apollo and Sedona, but with the addition of a touchscreen. No further details are available, which makes an unveiling of the Orlando in Orlando next month unlikely. Don’t fret though, BlackBerry fans, as we’re sure RIM will have a few other smartphones to show off at BlackBerry World.

Leaked BlackBerry Orlando adds a touchscreen to the Curve form factor | BGR

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: BB Orlando (a.k.a. Curve Touch)

All too often the leak-mongers get part of it right but jumble features of several different upcoming models. I remember the reports of the "Curve Touch" that looked like a new version of the Storm. I get the feeling that's what happened here.

The Bold Touch, if/when it comes to Sprint, will be my next BlackBerry. Having recently flirted with Android and the HTC Evo, my old notions of an on-screen keyboard have changed. Consequently I would also consider the Storm 3 if it were to make it to The Now Network. I'm not holding my breath for that, however. Seems Verizon is the exclusive carrier of the Storm lineup.

Last edited by rambo47; 04-12-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
balansboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Evo
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
All too often the leak-mongers get part of it right but jumble features of several different upcoming models. I remember the reports of the "Curve Touch" that looked like a new version of the Storm. I get the feeling that's what happened here.

The Bold Touch, if/when it comes to Sprint, will be my next BlackBerry. Having recently flirted with Android and the HTC Evo, my old notions of an on-screen keyboard have changed. Consequently I would also consider the Storm 3 if it were to make it to The Now Network. I'm not holding my breath for that, however. Seems Verizon is the exclusive carrier of the Storm lineup.
I'm with you. I'm on the Evo now and love it, but as soon as RIM makes a great product for Sprint I will be switching back.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

Now me being on BB since 1999 i started feeling that RIM has matured the current OS and I don't think they can install/infuse new feature that users are looking around so I think its time for RIM to accelerate QNX rollouts.
Otherwise I am quite happy with current state/release of my Bold2 and works fine for me. Podcasting, YTube, Full Browser, enough memory..... what more I need .. some sleep without BB.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by joginder View Post
Now me being on BB since 1999 i started feeling that RIM has matured the current OS and I don't think they can install/infuse new feature that users are looking around so I think its time for RIM to accelerate QNX rollouts.
Otherwise I am quite happy with current state/release of my Bold2 and works fine for me. Podcasting, YTube, Full Browser, enough memory..... what more I need .. some sleep without BB.
I agree with the QNX accelerated HH rollouts! I'm hoping that the Storm 3 & BB Touch Bold will both allow it to run fully and not hampered like BB6 on 9700 :(
Closed Thread