BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Will you/Have you moved away from your BlackBerry?
Absolutely Not! BlackBerry Forever. 150 29.53%
I am considering it, moving to the Android Platform 112 22.05%
I am considering it, moving to the iPhone Platform 83 16.34%
I am considering it, moving to the Windows 7 Platform 21 4.13%
I have. I moved on to the Android Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 32 6.30%
I have. I moved on to the iPhone Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 24 4.72%
I have. I moved on to the Windows 7 Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 1 0.20%
I won't consider a move yet, I have faith RIM will come out with a competing device. 84 16.54%
I have no desire to use my mobile phone as a multimedia/app station. BlackBerry is best for me. 42 8.27%
My BlackBerry was issued to me, I have no choice in the matter. 18 3.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #101
dougniss

Model: 9520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm on the Storm 2 at the moment and it does what I need in a way I like. I had gone to the Nokia Music Xpress for brief while but I didn't like how it dealt with mail. Nokia does have a killer Sat Nav though.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #102
CarBob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
I have moved away from BlackBerry multiple times and always came back.

Went to Nokia phones for multimedia capabilities back in the days of the BB 7230. Tried a bunch of different Nokias and did the same thing each time. I tried to make them more "BlackBerry-like". The only rational thing to do was go back to BlackBerry.

When the Palm Pre first came out I left AT&T and my BB Bold 9000 (which I won in a contest right here at BlackBerry Forums!) and went to Sprint. I used Treo smartphones way back before discovering BlackBerrys, and while Palm's execution slacked off terribly, their concept of a conversion device for phone + organizer was revolutionary. Especially because it was geared to the consumer, not the business user as BlackBerrys had been. They had games, other fun apps, and even did email. At the time it was really quite something, marrying the excellent Palm Pilot organizer to a cell phone. But by the time the Treo 650 was the hot model the platform had major stability issues. That's what led me to the BlackBerry 7230 and the 7105t (an all-time favorite of mine). So I had this soft spot in my heart (and probably my head!) for Palm and I bought into the hype of WebOS and the Palm Pre. I lasted just long enough to get my mail-in rebate for the Pre and promptly put it on my shelf. I ran (not walked - ran) to the nearest Sprint store and bought another BlackBerry. My relief was palpable.

More recently I bought the Samsung Epic 4G for Sprint. Very interesting device, does tons of stuff, and has a gorgeous screen that looks like a mini plasma tv. Android is fun. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting some cool new app for Android. I loved the skymap and droidsat (for pinpointing the positions of all known satellites). But the Epic was too big go be used/carried comfortably, has releavitely short battery life, and just didn't do email like a BlackBerry. I gave it a good 4 weeks or so before putting it on the shelf next to my Palm Pre and re-activating my BB 9650.

I have no brand loyalty to RIM and BlackBerrys. I continually try the latest thing, and I will probably continue to do so. But BlackBerrys just get it done for me. And while no platform is perfect, nothing else is as good for my needs. Not even close.
Hi rambo47,

Even though I am a BlackBerry fanatic, am always interested to hear about the experiences others have had. BlackBerrys are renowned for e-mail, and since I have several e-mail addresses, it's hard for me to imagine that other phones could handle them any better. You have confirmed my thinking.

- CB
Old 12-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #103
judeeg2003

Model: curve
Carrier: att

I also have the Google Nexus One which I love buttttttt...... I can't get away from the Blackberry. I love my blackberry and will always have one..
Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #104
xs11e
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've been playing with Android and WinMobile but always gone back to my 9700 until the OS6 leaks, OS6 convinced me to get a MyTouch 4G and bid BB ByeBye.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #105
redwizard6

Model: 9650
PIN: ask
Carrier: verizon

I'm happy with my 9650...especially since I stuffed it with OS 6. It's perfect for me. and my 2 daughters aged 18 and 16 ,love theirs. One is away at college and it helps us all stay connected, and my 16 year old, well, if she didnt have her blackberry I wouldn't be nearly as in touch with her a s I am. I'm a scatter brain so my Blackberry helps keep me organized and and at least have a clue what I'm supposed to doing. Thanks BB
Old 12-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #106
Kamau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
PIN: 21499CE8
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

I just bought a Droid X yesterday, and I gotta admit, its a pretty cool device. I've always been a "bells & whistles" type person, and this phone definitely has an abundance of both. I'm also loving the screen size as my eyes continue to fall behind year after year.
But a couple drawbacks are the battery life (sucks) and the typing on a touch screen (sucks worse), but I'm guessing in time I will adapt.
But my heart will stay with my trusty 8900, as I am keeping it for work-related issues and when I need that security blanket called Blackberry. As I've said before, touch screens are toys. I just forgot how much I use to love playing with them.

Kamau
Old 12-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #107
ericas8120

Model: 9780
PIN: 238E6027
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

None of the choices apply to me. I have done like others here. I have had a BlackBerry since the 950 came out (had the 7730, 7100t, 7105t, 8100 and 8120 after). I have tried the Danger/Sidekick OS and Windows Mobile each time I left BB. Each time I come back due to the battery life and simplicity of the OS although the Sidekick is my 2nd favorite. In fact I just re-extended my contract last Friday to get the Bold 9780 after a disastrous week with an 8120.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #108
galonso

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

I have been forced into Blackberry for years but I can really get work done. I tether it with my laptop via bluetooth... which is AWESOME and on ATT can do phone calls at the same time. Typing of course is the best. I would hate to have to work on the iphone, my wife has one. That said I really wish the apps were better, even the best apps suck compared to BB. I chose the 9700 over the torch because I heard the torch was underpowered... sometimes I wish I had the larger screen. I can't wait for OS 6 for my 9700.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #109
tydro456

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have until March really to see what will be available on verizon!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #110
rfvasquez

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

If iPhone eventually does go to Verizon, I will move to it. Company uses BES, but iPhone can work with that via GOOD.com. Many have already done it.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #111
rfvasquez

As a comment to my previous note about switching to iPhone - the only reason I would stay is if the new TORCH is as good as it looks and has enough apps
Old 12-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #112
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

It seems I'm just out of phase with BlackBerry. Each time I buy a new non-BlackBerry device because of some spiffing new feature, RIM answers by adding something like it. I wanted a larger screen device, and BB releases the Torch. Since I'm on Sprint I can't use it. Yet. I fully expect a CDMA version, especially considering what a hit the Torch has been for RIM. So now I'm staring at my gorgeous Evo and at the same time bemoaning my loss of push email.

I'm a serial switcher. I've admitted that before, publicly and to myself. I'm also a consumer whore and exactly what these tech companies want. I may not live on the bleeding edge of tech, but I'm pretty close. Rather than get the latest shiny new gadget every time one is released, I find myself waiting for a couple of reviews before leaping into the water. I'd like to say I'm being smart by waiting and reading reviews, but really I'm just using them to convince myself that the decision I already made to buy is the right one. So here I sit, wishing my Evo was a BlackBerry and wishing my BlackBerry Bold had a more Evo-like screen. And dreaming of a Sprint BB Torch.

Last edited by rambo47; 12-19-2010 at 11:34 AM..
Old 12-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #113
Snaker190

Carrier: t-mob

blackberry for ever ..and iphone too
Old 12-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #114
Hollywheezy

Carrier: Dhl

I never thought of getting any other phone because blackberry is the best i ever had. I LOVE BLACKBERRY
Old 12-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #115
cjmac49
Thumbs Must Hurt

I was forced to a Windows Mobile phone - HTC Touch Pro 2 - by my employer. I now am retiring and have returned to the BB fold with a 9330 Curve. What a relief. Great battery life, never needs a reboot, always works, no pocket calls and no junk.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:35 AM   #116
ericas8120

PIN: 238E6027
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmac49 View Post
I was forced to a Windows Mobile phone - HTC Touch Pro 2 - by my employer. I now am retiring and have returned to the BB fold with a 9330 Curve. What a relief. Great battery life, never needs a reboot, always works, no pocket calls and no junk.
I feel your pain. While I was not forced into the purchase of my Touch Pro 2, I bought one because I thought having a slide out keyboard could beat the slew of SureType 71xx and 81xx BB's I went through. After 9 months of swapping between 4 devices, I went to my drawer nearly 2 weeks ago and found my 8120, only to have to call T-Mobile the next day and almost cancel my contract to get the 9780 I got last week and love.

Last edited by ericas8120; 12-22-2010 at 12:39 AM..
Old 12-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #117
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Anyone else notice that the stats are a bit off??
Old 12-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #118
spluto

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sasktel

I am extremely happy with my tour. It does all the things that I want it to. The browser is my only complaint. It is a bit too simple and some times the pages don't load properly. RIM is a state of the art company and I know they are always improving.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #119
Losedge

Model: 9300
Carrier: Singtel

moved from g1, best decision ever
Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #120
AlanJolin
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 236B7E39
Carrier: vodafone UK

I have been using Blackberry in my Cab company since 1990'S. I have no intention of changing. I have had Drivers/management tread on them run em' over one even went in a toilet ( that lost its screen) very robust a good product
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losedge View Post
moved from g1, best decision ever