Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
gshine666
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: to.
Carrier: Verizon
Default 8220 reboot loops

Please Login to Remove!

My g/f has had a 8220 since Tmobile started selling them. She really loves the phone except for the last few days.

Her first problem started with an app, Ubertwitter acting up. It would start, but would not get tweets or do anything else. Since coincidentally I also had a problem with that app on my Storm I didn't think much of it and we uninstalled the app. With what went on later I don't know if this was a coincidence or what.

The next day she got a solid white screen. A battery pull just started a endless loop of reboots.

I was able to wipe the device with JL_CMDR and install a new OS (.236). It worked ok for 2 days, then did the same thing. I again wiped the unit and went down to .222. It again lasted about two days and now we are back a white screen and reboots.

While this was going on I noticed the water indicator on the battery was red. The ones on the phone are still white. A search indicated that it was somewhat common for the battery indicator to be red, and the companies usually went with the indicators on the phone.

At this point I am thinking it unit has a hardware problem and we should take it back. Won't have time for that for a couple days so I thought I'd get some opinions and see if maybe I missed something.

Thanks!

Last edited by gshine666; 04-29-2009 at 08:21 AM..
Closed Thread