Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Default REVIEW: InvisibleSHIELD Full Body Protection BlackBerry

Please Login to Remove!

Product: InvisibleSHIELD Full Body Protection for 8700c/r
Price: $24.95
URL: www.shieldzone.com

Review:
This is a full body set of skins from The InvisibleSHIELD company, also known as ShieldZone.com. These are the same materials as The Best Skins Ever, with two major differences:

1) The InvisibleSHIELD has just upgraded their product to actually cover every section of the 8700c/r, using 13 pieces of shield, while The Best Skins Ever only has 5 pieces, leaving all 4 panels of the side sections and the thin back sections adjacent to the battery cover without protection.

2) The Best Skins Ever are only $6.99 (for the 5 pieces), and the InvisibleSHIELD skins are $24.95 - but these come with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee AND lifetime replacement guarantee. (guarantee details here) The Best Skins Ever must be repurchased should you need a replacement.

The InvisibleSHIELD skins come in a new package with a spray bottle of SHIELDspray application solution, a fully illustrated instruction set, a thick plastic squeegee, and the skins themselves. Installation videos are also available on their website.

After turning off my BB and removing the battery, I got to work. I sprayed a little SHIELDspray in my palm, then placed the skin piece in my hand, sticky side up, and sprayed it as well. Then I positioned the piece lightly in place and maneuvered it into place gently with my fingers. Once it was just right I smoothed out the bubbles using the squeegee and my fingers until it became stuck in place. Each piece went on very easily, with a little patience, of course. The screen went on well, the second time I tried it! The first time was a disaster, completely my fault. I placed it on the screen too fast, not using the squeegee properly, and there were tons of bubbles and wrinkles, so I quickly removed it, re-wet the sticky side and tried again. This time was perfection. Using the squeegee, starting from the top and smoothing it down, it went on just right, covering every millimeter of screen space.

The instructions say to let the skins remain undisturbed for 24 hours, but that's not going to be possible with an avid Berry user like me! So I will be very light and gentle with it until tomorrow evening. This is my second set of these (only replaced for this review), so I know about the quality of their protection. These skins provide excellent resistance against dings and scratches, you can feel assured you are protected with them on your BB. They do not peel off at the sides and edges, and the bubbles disappear after only a day or two on the screen. These are simply the best available option for low profile BB skin protection on the market. This is a very smart, and in my opinion required, investment for your device. Don't be caught naked!

Click to enlarge:

Rating: I give these skins 5 out of 5 Berries.

Conclusion: These are the best available skins you can get. I have used others in the past, and these beat them all, in my experience.

Pros: Full body protection on all sides and back, includes application spray and squeegee for simple installation, lifetime replacement guarantee, 30 day satisfaction guarantee, no peeling off, strong adhesion to the device.

Cons: Expensive, a little tricky to install.

Last edited by Seattle18; 05-25-2006 at 10:07 PM..
Old 05-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Nice review but I have a question, which I emailed ShieldZone about but haven't gotten a reply. I have a 7105t. I see they have a full body set that fits the 7100t. Will this fit the 7105t? I got fed up with my screen guardz and used them all LOL

Last edited by EricaJ1074; 05-25-2006 at 10:41 PM..
Old 05-25-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Do the edges of the shields ever collect lint / pet hair / dust / etc? If not, I think I'm finally sold on these damn things if/when the G-version is available.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
Do the edges of the shields ever collect lint / pet hair / dust / etc? If not, I think I'm finally sold on these damn things if/when the G-version is available.
Actually, for some odd reason, the G version came out before the C version! Linkage And no, there is no lint collection as with other screen protectors. The material is very different from the others, you have to see them to understand. They are more like a second skin, fully adhered to the plastic - like tank armor. Hard to describe - get them, you'll thank me.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #5
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaJ1074
Nice review but I have a question, which I emailed ShieldZone about but haven't gotten a reply. I have a 7105t. I see they have a full body set that fits the 7100t. Will this fit the 7105t? I got fed up with my screen guardz and used them all LOL
I had screen guardz, they kept peeling up on me after a week or so. As for the fit on your 7105t, I really have no clue, sorry. I looked at a web site and it appears as though there is very little difference, but I don't know if they will fit. I will email my contact over there and ask mthis question for you, and will reply here when I get the answer.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:49 PM   #6
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks. You're lucky you got a week out of them. I found myself changing the Screen Guardz every 2-3 days and got FED UP. I guess I'll be SIM swapping for 24 hours if I decide to get them. I have a backup BB LOL

Last edited by EricaJ1074; 05-26-2006 at 03:42 AM..
Old 05-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #7
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaJ1074
Erica,
I got the following response from my contact at ShieldZONE:

Quote:
Hi Marc!

It is good to hear from you. Typically our e-mails are responded to within
24 hrs, most times we respond the same day. I apologize for the delay your friend has had in receiving an answer.

Currently it is not on our website but we do have a 7105t full body wrap. We are updating our website on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week so please let your member know that it will be available for him to purchase on our website at that time.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #8
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks.

Update: I am having problems with my BB Browser so I may be holding off on ordering the shield until I figure out what's going on.

Last edited by EricaJ1074; 05-26-2006 at 10:41 PM..
Old 05-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #9
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Found out what was causing the problem. I had a link missing and my BB wouldn't access the site without it. I will be waiting for the release of the skins now.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #10
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

It's hard to tell but from picture 1545 it looks like the pieces don't actually wrap around the side edges. True?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:23 PM   #11
Seattle18

It's hard to see in the picture very well, but there are two pieces there. Instead of one piece folding over an edge, there are two, one on each portion of the corner, top and bottom, so to speak.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #12
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

I wish they'd make a set that actually wraps around the sides. The reason I like the Best Skins is that their top and bottom pieces actually wrap over the top and bottom instead of splitting at the case seams. I buy this material in bulk for other applications and it can do amazing things, form fitting wise.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:00 AM   #13
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

I found it Seattle. Thanks. Gonna see if they will give me one for review.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #14
LeeG23
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Had an invisble shield on my 7100, also on my digital camera, now got a new 8700c and the first thing I did was order a shield.

These are amazing. I used screenguardz and they are a mess, with peeling etc. The shields STAY PUT. My 7100 had one for 6 months, and no sign of peeling.

TAKE YOUR TIME putting in on - its a little tricky, but no too bad. Use the spray fairly generously, have a bright light and clean workspace. Worth a few minutes of your time for lifetime protection.

I highly recommend the invisible shield - fantastic product for all devices with screens.

Lee
Old 07-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #15
BBDevil
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Tmo

I installed mine last night on the 8700. Still a few bubbles, but they are flattening out.

What did you do about the recessed Blackberry logo on the back of the battery cover? Currently I have a rather large bubble there where I could not force the air out.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #16
Crupp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 249e66f1
Carrier: AT&T

Does anyone if the shield will cover the extended battery on the 7130e. I have this product on my ipod video and works very well
Old 07-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #17
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

Anyone have any idea when they're going to come out with products for the 7130c?

The local mall (North Shore Mall, Peabody, MA) has a InvisibleShield cart. The guy who owns it cut a 7130e screen protector down to fit the 7130c and only charge me a sawbuck. But I would love to get some full body protection.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #18
sasquatch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

For my money I prefer the Best Skins Ever to the Invisible SHield. I found Best Skins Ever to be not only cheaper (albeit without a warrantee like Invisible Shield), but much easier to apply than the invisible shield. I got too frustrated trying to apply the invisible shield, even when liberally using the spray they provided. The corner pieces just wouldnt stick, so I abandoned the effort after a couple of hours, and waited for my Best Skins Ever to arrive. Much better luck with the application of those.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:41 AM   #19
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch
For my money I prefer the Best Skins Ever to the Invisible SHield. I found Best Skins Ever to be not only cheaper (albeit without a warrantee like Invisible Shield), but much easier to apply than the invisible shield. I got too frustrated trying to apply the invisible shield, even when liberally using the spray they provided. The corner pieces just wouldnt stick, so I abandoned the effort after a couple of hours, and waited for my Best Skins Ever to arrive. Much better luck with the application of those.
They are the same material.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #20
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

The Invisible Shield for the 8700 is a bit tricky to install with its 13 pieces, but it does cover the 8700 really well. My only concern is with the back pieces that cover the sections directly to the left and right of the battery door (you can see the right one in the next to the last photo in Seattle18's review). These pieces taper down to a very narrow point which looks like it could easily begin to peel up after time and wear. Guess I'll find out in the long run as I haven't heard on anyone having this problem so far.

Last edited by takeshi; 09-08-2006 at 09:57 AM..