BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 01-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #41
hstuff

Model: 8700v

Please Login to Remove!

I followed the instruction, I can pair my 8700v with my notebook using the XP driver but it does not show any services in the bluetooth devices property page nor can I add the blackberry to my desktop manager. Does this already depend on the BES IT policies setting or am I missing something here?

I've been trying to get this to work for a week now.

Any help appreciated!

hstuff
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #42
dabull
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGeo
OK. I take that back. It DID work. Thanks for the tip.

HOWEVER, now I'm finding I must uninstall then reinstall the bluetooth driver each time I plug my USB radio in. Is there a way to retain the driver, so I can just plug and play? Or, how can I install the driver on my phone's SIM card as described in the above posting?
i dont think storing the driver on the sim card is working out so hot for me. it seems when the phone updates, it erases anything extra you have on it. i need to get a micro sd card to store the driver.

but it shouldnt need to be re-installed everytime you plug in the bt adapter. it will need to be installed on each usb port you use, so maybe you just arent using the same usb port everytime. but once its installed in windows, you can unplug it and replug it anytime on the same port, it wont need to be configured.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #43
dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstuff
I followed the instruction, I can pair my 8700v with my notebook using the XP driver but it does not show any services in the bluetooth devices property page nor can I add the blackberry to my desktop manager. Does this already depend on the BES IT policies setting or am I missing something here?

I've been trying to get this to work for a week now.

Any help appreciated!

hstuff
do you use the "bluetooth devices" icon in the windows control panel?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:51 AM   #44
hstuff

Model: 8700v

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
do you use the "bluetooth devices" icon in the windows control panel?
Exactly! As described in the instructions, I use the original windows driver and the bluetooth devices icon in the control panel as opposed to the one that came along with my d-link usb bluetooth dongle. I've been using the d-link driver in the past to connect my headset for phone calls with skype.

hstuff
Old 02-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #45
raa0425
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: t-mobile

God bless you.

I've been trying to figure out how to use my Pearl as a modem via bluetooth but couldn't get my Belkin adapter to work. I followed these instructions and it worked on the first try. I can't believe it!!!!!

Thanks so much.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #46
indysully

Default Dell 620 BT and Pearl

I am having issues as well. I have a new Dell D620 and it is using the Dell Wireless BT 350 Module, but when I look at the driver information it appears that I am using the native windows driver 5.1.2600.2180

The device connects perfectly to the D620 but it will not be detected by Desktop Manager version 4.2.1.8.

My Pearl is Cingular - any assistance?

Thanks,

Sully
Treo 600 > 7290 > 8700c > 8100c
PIN: 23E8F771
Old 03-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #47
ewalker3

Model: curve
Carrier: tmobile
Default Thinkpad T-43 with built in bluetooth

hello - i found this thread, im trying to sync my outlook calendar and contacts with my blackberry 8700v (vodafone on tmobile).

I'm unable to get the blackberry desktop software to find it even after pairing. on my laptop, the available services only showsthe "audio gateway" which i dont even know what the point of that is for.

anyway according to device manager its a broadcom based bluetooth device, i uninstalled the drivers, but windows seems to reinstall the same ones?

any suggestions so i can get this to work?"
Old 03-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #48
ewalker3

Model: curve
Carrier: tmobile

update - i finally got it to work, i had to use the ibm software install/uninstall program to remove the software, upon reboot the microsoft software took over!
ed
Old 03-25-2007, 05:43 AM   #49
DaIceMan

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TIM

Any chance that RIM will release a "standard" full support for the non Microsoft BT Stacks/drivers? The driver "hack" works fine but you loose other services such as OBEX file transfer towards other phones such as Nokias so it's really not a step forward I would say.

I don't think it's hard to invest some time and money into getting the desktop software to work with other 3rd party BT drivers - at least major vendors such as HP. It is imperative to get this to work wirelessly with laptops who all have NON Microsoft BT drivers.

Any news on this?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:51 AM   #50
gollop

Model: 8100g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2

OK I have made some progress but I keep getting the message-
Device status-Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) when I go to control panel/bluetooth devices/hardware.

I'm completely lost now and not sure what to try next?

Any help would be great!

Last edited by gollop; 04-24-2007 at 04:55 AM..
Old 06-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #51
bryawn

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

There must be some updates in the drivers that have happened recently. I took a new D-Link DBT-120 plugged it into a USB port then followed the detailed BlackBerry instructions (the ones that say D-Link doesn't work) and was up and running in a few minutes. It's using the generic Microsoft driver stack. Sync speed on my 8830 is excellent, not much different from USB.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #52
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryawn View Post
Sync speed on my 8830 is excellent, not much different from USB.
I've always found BT to be slower than USB especially when making a backup. Maybe I have a cheap BT dongle (I did get it free from TigerDirect a year or so ago.) It works on mine but I haven't really figured out what all the hoopla is about. The cable is just as easy. I suppose if your USB port gives out it's a good backup.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #53
BB88

Model: 8800r
Carrier: Rogers
Default Wow! Thank you thank you thank you...

Been messing around with my 8800 and Dlink DBT 122 dongle way too long. I could not get my connection to Bluetooth with Desktop Manager in any way. I found your article and went through it step by step.

Works like a charm now
Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #54
crymera

Model: 7130
Carrier: o2
Default bluetooth drivers for vista

hi all just joined the forum
a question well might as well get right down to it! i have just got a bb 7130g and am having probs connecting it to bluetooth on my pc it cant find drivers on the bb disk how do i get it to work help
regards steve
Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 PM   #55
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

WHY of WHY would anyone wish to use the Microsoft BT Stack instead of the far more superior driver stack - with far better and more stable support - that Widcomm provides (which is used by MANY other providers, making it considered a standard)????

- You do ALL remember that SP1 did NOT support Bluetooth because MS thought that BT was a useless fad! Boy where THEY so VERY WRONG!

I think the Op is on the right track; but not everybody is getting their old features from other devices working. Why not uninstall & remove ALL BT references with MS & from Manufacturer/software provider of that chipset. Then reboot and let MS auto find the device, and USE the drivers that came with the BT module (this not sure it'll work with PC's with IMBEDDED chipsets). This way MY BT PLaces still works while far greater support for A2DP & A2VD.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #56
kyiakr

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs up Just got bluetooth sync working

I am a newcomer to this site and I am very happy to find it as I have just bought a blackberry 8703e. I have been stuggling with this for several days and was on the phone with BB support today. Between what he told me and what I have read here I was able to have success.

To make a long suffering story short. I installed the software and drivers that came with my Targus ACB10US BT adapter. I connected to windows update and there were updates available for bluetooth (didn't see them until I had bluetooth installed) . I installed these. I then uninstalled the Targus software and drivers. I plugged the adapter in and windows XP SP2 found the new hardware and installed its drivers.
I was able to connect the devices via BT, complete the BB desktop BT config and sync. Now my computer detects the phone automatically and asks me if I want to sync. I respond yes and away it goes.

Also I checked my adapter specs on the Targus site and it indicates that it is using WIDCOMM software v1.4. So I'm assuming that the updates I installed from microsoft did something to allow me to "plug and play".

Hope this info helps someone else who is frustrated.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:28 AM   #57
Lurka

Quote:
Originally Posted by morser View Post
Unfortunately these drivers are not WHQL certified, and cannot use the XP(sp2) built in Bluetooth stack.
I don't get very well the point of the procedure described in the first post. Maybe I need an explanation of how BT drivers are layered.

Is there a main BT stack driver, which other drivers for specific BT services rely upon? Is it possible to force those drivers to use MS's native stack, instead of the manufacturer's stack? Sounds unlikely...

I have a Dell D610 with a Toshiba Wireless 350 BT internal module (and relative manufacturer's drivers) and the device manager is listing 4 devices: RFBNEP, RFBUS, RFCOMM and RFHID (that are all marked with a network adapter icon, not a BT icon). Which one am I supposed to use in the bth.ini file?

Thank you and regards,

L u r k a
Old 09-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #58
Entropy666

Model: 8310
PIN: 24311b91

This link:
BlackBerry Search Results
and my description here might help a bit:
FAQ: How To Setup Bluetooth Connection To Your Desktop | BerryReview
Old 09-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #59
Lurka

I think I got the point: the procedure is aimed at tricking Windows into believing that a given BT device is on the compatibility list, so it will be installed with Windows drivers, but that way I'll end up with Windows BT stack, losing the advanced features offered by other drivers.

I thought it was possible to trick the Desktop Manager into recognizing 3rd party's drivers as Windows BT stack, but it seems that's not the case.

My primary reason for using a BT connection was to prevent the battery degradation that may arise from random recharges delivered through the USB cable, but I heard it is possible to find data-only USB cables on sale.

Thank you and goodbye.

L u r k a
Old 09-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #60
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Well ever since I installed DM 4.2.1.8 (from VZW site) I cannot get my BT dongle to connect via the DM. Everything is the same; using MS BT drivers on XP-SP2 but the DM never sees the 8703e when configuring it for BT.

I'm reluctant to d/l the DM 4.2 SP1 or SP2 - does anyone know if the later versions of DM work for BT sync?