interactive
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Hutchison 3
Default BES12.3 and Android for Work

Please Login to Remove!

Dear Friends,

actually I evaluate Android for Work on our BES 12.3 System.

We have many Blackberry OS10 smartphones and all is fine, but now we need additional Tablets and have a look to IOS and Android Integration.

I followed the steps like descripted within BES 12.3 android for work menu,
create a Google account, create a Android for work domain, link that with my domain and so on.. and after that BES 12.3 tells me all fine, Test connection is successful...

But what I should after that?

Download on my Android Device (Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro Android 5.1)
the BES12 Application from Google play store?

If I do that, and put in the users email address and activation password in same like our OS10 Smartphones I get the error:

(look like correct connection, ask for a BBsecure certificate and after that Activation fails with wrong activation profile..

Hmm, my activation profile has enabled one of the 4 possible android for work Profiles..

What is wrong?
Old 12-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
freakinvibe
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Class
Carrier: Swisscom
Default Re: BES12.3 and Android for Work

Has the user been created on the Google cloud? Either automatically or manually.

It is correct, you need the BES12 Client app.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:36 AM   #3
interactive

Yes, in the google admin console I see that the user was successfull created. (automaticly by BES12).

But by my Android device and the bes12 App i get the error "unable to activate device - Unsupported activation type"

Hmm, this error message suggest me, that only the activation Profile is affected for this reason?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
freakinvibe

From the troubleshooting guide:

When you troubleshoot activation of Android for Work devices, check the following:
  • Make sure the device supports Android for Work. For more information, visit https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/6174145 to read article 6174145.
  • Make sure that there is an available license and the activation type is set to Work and personal - user privacy (Android for Work).
  • To use the Work and personal - user privacy (Android for Work) activation type, devices must be running Android OS version 5.0 (Lollipop) or later.
  • Make sure that the user account in BES12 has the same email address as the one in the Google domain. If the email addresses do not match, the device will show the following error: Unable to activate device - Unsupported activation type. Look for the following in the core log file:
    • ERROR AfW: Could not find user in Google domain. Aborting user creation and activation.
    • ERROR job marked for quarantine due to: Unable to activate device - Unsupported activation type
Old 12-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #5
interactive

Hi Freakin,

thank you. Problem was

xxx8226;Make sure that the user account in BES12 has the same email address as the one in the Google domain. If the email addresses do not match, the device will show the following error: Unable to activate device - Unsupported activation type

Now I removed the Afw partnership from BES12. All fine.

now I want to create a new Google Domain with my really existing *.de Domain, and I have used this account before for a Blackberry solution, that never exists.

Now I want to delete my old android for work "Abonnements" from admin.google.com
but I can´t, error message is: you can´t delete your android for work abonnements it´s connect with a EMM infrastructure.. (Blackberry) uh...

maybe the google support can help
Old 12-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #6
freakinvibe

I don't know what to do as I have never tried to remove the partnership.

Maybe create a new account with Google for the new domain?
Old 12-07-2015, 05:26 AM   #7
interactive

Hmm,

I create a new Google for work account with a *@mydomain.com, and after I try to enable AfW Abonnement with my mydomain.com they tell me, that a other user of mydomain have a enabled AfW Abonnement. :(

I ask the Google Support and they tell me, I should speak with my EMM Provider..

...snip

Thank you for reaching out. Since you’re already using one of our Management Partners, we’ve worked closely with them so you can get started quickly.

We suggest you contact your vendor directly by visiting their Android for Work landing page at blackberry.com/googleandroid

... snip..

Hehe, really crazy..

I create a new Google admin and AfW with a other Domain (mydomain1.com) and enable this on my BES12 that works. later on I disabled this frrom BES12 and delete the Abonnement from this new
Google AfW successfully.

I don´t really know, why it´s not work with my mydomain.com.
Maybe the best practice is, to delete my Google admin account for mydomain.com, but this will not work, if you not delete first the AfW Abonnement..

Hmm.. maybe I ask my Blackberry Carrier Premium Support, (we are SIM based enabled and don´t have orgin Balckberry Support) but in the most cases I help our premium Support for BB related cases ...

(btw: how I can upload Images?)
Old 12-11-2015, 05:37 AM   #8
freakinvibe

So I got AfW to work on an Samsung Nexus tablet with Android 5.1.1 on.

It pushes the App suite "Divide Productivity" to the device which enables you to use business email/contacts/calendar immediately.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....apps.work.pim

I first had not allowed BES to add or delete users from the Google domain. So I had to remove AfW from BES and add it again with the option to allow BES to add or remove users switched on.

After that, activating a device with AfW was easy.
Closed Thread