Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Ansleyg

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Will it ever die?

Please Login to Remove!

My first blackberry was that cute little red bb curve that everyone love. Water was spilled on it, it got lost in a snow bank and it even fell into the toilet twice. As expected, in each case the phone stopped working. I got wise to the idea of opening it up and hang it by the base board heater over night and would you know it! it would come back to life and work again. The very last time it fell in the toilet it won’t work no more so I said that was it. I put it away in the desk draw and got myself an upgrade to the new bb bold 9700. After some problems with my first bold they sent me another. It has been about 1 1/2 yrs since the demise of my curve. All the while its been sitting in my desk draw. On an impulse recently, I decided to charged up the curve, took the sims card out of the bold and dropped it in. The darn thing got ressurrected again. It worked just as good as the first day I bought it. That curve is indistructable.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

Be glad that your curve is still alive. I also recommend getting an insurance, I think it's worth it.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 11-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
9bberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: att

thats what it awesome about the curves they are indestructable......you can throw them across the room and hit a wall it will be fine .......one day i tried to break it and i couldnt lol
Old 11-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #4
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

Yea I've put my curve through hell also. The only type of protection I have on it is a screen protector and the same type of protector on the battery cover....just because swirl and scratch marks on the battery cover drive me nuts and are so easy to get. This prevents it pretty well.

What I think is somewhat funny is I never heard anyone complaining about the curve being plastic. I'm sure someone out there did but it definitely wasn't a major complaint of the device. But now that some of the newer bb's are out that have pretty much all metal exteriors, I hear people saying how they think the metal is much better quality of phone. I somewhat agree and disagree. Being that I actually got a storm 1. After 2 months the thing looked like hell with so many little dents and such. Luckily I had so many problems with the phone actually working they finally refunded my money and I just went back to my trusty curve. I just think the plastic is better at absorbing impacts and such. Yes the metal is cool and makes it look better at first.

But yea that's just my opinion. I'm real tempted to get the new storm2 but also thinking about waiting for the tour 2 and then there is that droid. Or should just keep my curve and wait for something even better. Decisions.

Btw sorry if there any stupid typos...on the curve now going to town with my thumbs.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #5
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Lets Go Canes!)

The OP was very fortunate. I once dropped syrup on mine and it was a nightmare. As previously mentioned, insurance insurance insurance.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky
Wirelessly posted (Lets Go Canes!)

The OP was very fortunate. I once dropped syrup on mine and it was a nightmare. As previously mentioned, insurance insurance insurance.
Oh man anything sticky on it is horrible not to mention getting something sticky down there where your trackball is. Whatever I do I'm definitely done with the trackball. I'm excited about the tour2 with the trackpad. If I can just hold out that long.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Isn't solid state wonderful?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
Ansleyg

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I have insurance on my bold now and I wouldnxxx8217;t recommend any one buy a smart phone these days without it. When I purchase my curve there was no one selling insurance on PDS, it just wasnxxx8217;t offered. But the industry has change and these smart phone are getting more sophisticated and equally so more expensive.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

I just hate how difficult it is to actually file an insurance claim in a cell phone. I've personally never had to make a claim so this is all based on what other people have told me. I just hope I don't ever have to. Oh yea btw I broke down and got a storm2. I found a deal at walmart I just couldn't pass up. Walmart had it for 148 bucks and they they where you automatically get a 100 dollar walmart gift card when you purchase any blackberry. Sorry but I just couldn't pass that up.
Closed Thread