Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
jackeyres

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Email Problem - receives from two accounts, only replies from one

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Vodafone Blackberry 9700 Bold and live in the UK.

Because of some quirk with Virgin not accepting Outlook, I have to have two accounts on my phone - Virgin and Vodafone mobileemail.

This is fine but it means, for some reason, that my phone will only send replies to my emails via the mobileemail account. This is also fine, bar the every annoying fact that the replies are not reproduced on my PC or on any other machine. People then start sending mails to my mobileemail account which means I can only pick them up on my phone and not elsewhere.

Does anyone know the answer? I'd love to configure everything with Virgin and just have th eone account but anyone who takes a look at their forum will see that they have their heads firmly stuck in the sand. Or somewhere else I can't name...
Old 10-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

New email messages appear to be coming from a different source than intended by the sender.

The possible causes of this issue are as follows:

An incorrect messaging service is being used. BlackBerry smartphones associated with BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server accounts, or BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry® Desktop Redirector accounts, give BlackBerry smartphone users the option to specify which messaging service is used to send email messages.
The default messaging service is used when sending an email message to a contact for the first time.
Resolution

Determine the default email service, and change to the correct email service by completing the following steps:

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Message Services.
The Messaging (CMIME) option displays the current default service.
Display the menu and select an available alternative service.
When the default service is selected, display the menu and save the changes. This setting determines which email service is used when a new email message is composed, or when a contact is selected from the address book, and Email <contact name> is selected from the menu.
It is possible to make changes to the option selected in the procedure above for individual contacts or for email messages while the BlackBerry smartphone user is composing an email message. To do this, complete the following steps:

Scroll to the top of the Compose screen, and highlight the Send Using option.
Display the menu, and select the email service from where the email message is sent.
When the above steps are performed for an individual contact, the change will be saved. The next time an email message is sent to that contact, the same email service will be used to send the message.

Note: In BlackBerry® Device Software 4.2.2 and later, the Message Services option is replaced by Default Services. To change the default messaging service, go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
jackeyres

Thanks for the comprehensive reply.

Unfortunately I have followed it to the letter and nothing happens.

I have changed to the correct setting in Default Services and I am still sending from the mobileemail address, not my home email address.

Similarly, when I try and change email services in the Compose screen I am only given one option, and that is the wrong, ie, mobileemail, address.

Any more thoughts would be very welcome.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Log into your BIS page at Vodafone and double-check your outgoing server settings for the Virgin account. If you have the proper outgoing server settings you should get the option to send from that account on the BB. I'm guessing something is amiss there. Maybe the security protocol is wrong, the outgoing port number, etc.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
jackeyres

Thanks for your help.

In the end nothing seems to work properly so I have downloaded an app from Blackberry World called "Forward, Reply and Edit" which gets round the issue somehow and works, albeit slowly sometimes, pretty well.
Closed Thread