BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #21
towski394
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100t

Please Login to Remove!

Have those who are having the "save" option disappear tried other websites to download from? Could it be a bandwidth or other problem? Which sites have you tried?
Old 05-10-2005, 01:41 PM   #22
texasrose73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

I've tried every single one listed in the forum. I've tried changing to every other theme available. All with no luck. I didn't have this problem with my old 7280. I use Cellular One, since T-Mobile and Cingular are not available here in the sticks. I have not even been able to download tones through Cellular One. Tech support has been no help, telling me that they do not support third-party sites; but they have assured me that they are working to create tones for BB and should be able to download from their website in mid-May. So I am hoping that once these tones become available, it will force tech support to help me resolve this issue.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #23
PhilMax

Model: 7100g

Are you sure you are going about this the right way? Try going to this site:

http://www.adamdaley.com/wap/voice.htm

you should see a list starting with AOL: You've Got Mail. Use the thumbwheel to highlight it. If you then click the thumbwheel, the only option for saving is to Save Page. Scroll down to the menu item called Get Link and press the thumbwheel again. It will take a minute or so for the ringtone to download and it will play automatically(time varies with size) and eventually the media player will show on screen. The first button is an arrow for Play, the second button is the square for Stop. The third button is the options menu and if you highlight that button and click the thumbwheel the option is listed on the menu to save. Click on that.

I could not find instructions as detailed as what I have just given and it took me the longest time to figure out you have to highlight that third button and press the thumbwheel to get the menu and option to save it.

Who says they can't teach an 'old dog' new tricks!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:54 PM   #24
texasrose73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Phil,
As I've said before......the only save option listed in the menu is to "Save Page". This only saves the ringtone in my messages folder. The "Save" option you are referring to has never been an option in my menu list. But thanks for trying to help.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #25
PhilMax

Can you even get it to play at all?

Old 05-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #26
texasrose73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes, it plays and I have the three buttons you mentioned. When I click on the last button, the menu option, there is not a save option. I had a 7280 that I had no problem saving ringtones to. I know how it is "suppose" to work, my phone just doesn't know how to do it.............hehe.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:48 AM   #27
texasrose73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Those of you also having problems, are yall using Cellular One also?

Old 05-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #28
PhilMax

Don't know what to suggest. Wonder if it could possibly be a specific browser issue. Which browser are you using to access these sites?

Old 05-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #29
shanff

Default Re:

I had some problems downloading ringtones with my 7100t. Itdidn't matter which version of OS I had, I tried 3 different versions directly from TMO's website. It didn't matter if i sync'd with a BES or used BWC. I looked through all settings I could find. I was able to download one or 2 here and there at various stages of testing, but it was not consistant at all.

I then decided to delete a service book relating to something that I don't use. I deleted the one related to the t-zones browsing or some such. I didn't note the exact title because I didn't think it would work, but for me it did.

Hope this helps someone else.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #30
ifeuer

Carrier: tmobile
Default I figured it out..

If I go to lucky's site via my wap bookmark...the save option is not there.

If I go to the same site from a link embedded in an email...it works perfectly...

Looks like a software glitch.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:01 PM   #31
mustanggt90

Model: 7100

Texasrose73
I'm using Cellular one. I replaced the sim card in mine and was on the phone with Cellular one's tech support while they sent me my new service book entries so I thought I'd ask. They told me that a few of them had the 7100's and they couldn't get it to work either.
I don't know what the deal is, it's odd that you can play them but not save them
Old 05-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #32
texasrose73
Thumbs Must Hurt

I spoke to a Cellular One rep today and was informed that when the new BB ringtones are posted on their website through ztango mid-late May, tech support will be forced to resolve this issue. Until then, we wait.........haha.

Old 05-12-2005, 10:02 PM   #33
mustanggt90

That's at least some hope. What I gathered from them is that they really don't know what the problem is. I get my blackberry through my company. We just signed a contract with them and got around 25 blackberrys. The theory is that we're going to dispatch trouble tickets through them.
We've been giving them a lot of greif lately about not having the save function for the ringtones and wallpaper (which you can through email but it's the point of the thing)
I just hope they don't up and decide they're going to try to make us pay for ringtones somehow.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:08 PM   #34
mustanggt90

THIS JUST IN FROM CELL ONE TECH DEPARTMENT

I believe I have figured out a fix for you with saving images and ringtones. Try this: Go to 'settings', 'options'. Scroll down to 'service book'. Click into service book and scroll to the bottom. Near the bottom there is something that says "browser config for 5 click". Highlight that then click the scroll and choose delete. Be careful that you only delete the "browser config for 5 click" and nothing else. After doing that you should be able to save images and ringtones. Thanks

I'm going to try it when I get home maybe it'll work
Old 05-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #35
mustanggt90

IT WORKED. I did what that said and it didn't work at first. Then I went to the host routing table and reregistered it and it works fine
Old 05-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #36
texasrose73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Stang,

You Are My New Hero!!!! I Could Kiss You!!!

Old 05-13-2005, 10:13 AM   #37
mustanggt90

It worked on mine last night, today I've been trying it on ones around the office and can't get any of them to work I don't know what's up with that...
Old 05-13-2005, 10:51 AM   #38
texasrose73
Thumbs Must Hurt

Mine is working perfectly! I can't thank you enough!!!

Old 05-13-2005, 11:01 AM   #39
mustanggt90

No problem I'm on a ringtone downloading spree now. All I have to figure out how to do now is get my IM+ to work and I'll be happy :D
Old 05-13-2005, 11:56 AM   #40
texasrose73
Thumbs Must Hurt

So am I.........now I have so many, I can't decide which one I want at the moment. Haha!

Closed Thread