BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
ada338

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Unhappy New BB user with lots of problems!

Please Login to Remove!

This is my first Blackberry and I am having difficulties to use the basic functions:
  • Unable to sync it with Apple Mac even though I have downloaded the correct version of PocketMac
  • Unable to use the Voice Activated function since I have chosen to turn on the Mass Storage Mode.
  • Unable to use the browser since then, but still able to send and receive e-mails
  • Can swith on the Bluetooth but not able to pair it with my Mac or any mobile phones
Any suggestion is welcome as I do not get support from the official BB website. I tried to call the service provider (orange) but I was kept waiting for more than half hr and no one answered.
Many thanks in advance!
ada338
Old 06-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
ksc6000
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Hi ada,

You haven't given many details. Like what exactly the errors, exactly what they say and whatnot. I'm not a Mac user, so I can't help anyway, but that will help you get more responses if you do that. Be very detailed.

And as far as I know, mass storage mode is when the phone is hooked up to your computer, and you want it to appear as an external hard drive to the computer. If that's the case, that's possibly why you're not being able to do voice activated dialing and browse.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada338 View Post
This is my first Blackberry and I am having difficulties to use the basic functions:
  • Unable to sync it with Apple Mac even though I have downloaded the correct version of PocketMac
  • Unable to use the Voice Activated function since I have chosen to turn on the Mass Storage Mode.
  • Unable to use the browser since then, but still able to send and receive e-mails
  • Can swith on the Bluetooth but not able to pair it with my Mac or any mobile phones
Any suggestion is welcome as I do not get support from the official BB website. I tried to call the service provider (orange) but I was kept waiting for more than half hr and no one answered.
Many thanks in advance!
ada338
Please check the Mac Forum as well.

As the above said, exactly what error codes are you getting. Lets try to solve it one at a time.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
ada338

Model: 8900
Carrier: orange

Hi guys,
Thanks for the responds which made me feel I am not alone any more.
This message came up as soon as I connect the BB to my Mac "Do you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode?" and I have chosen Yes. This is the start of the problem of not able to use the voice activation function and browser. I have tried to switch it off by reconnecting the BB and Mac and choose NO, but problems still persist.
When I sync the contact and iCal, the bar on the bottom of the PocketMac was moving but never stop. In turn of Bluetooth, the BB can find the Mac but won't pair it even I put the same password for both devices.
Please help! I want to enjoy the BB but my IT knowledge is too limited.
Thanks guys
Ada
Closed Thread