Old 04-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
KayNoire
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Can't download/save photos?

Please Login to Remove!

I know this will sound silly, but I'm having problems downloading images with my Q10. I know that in the past there was some hassle (like the trouble with Blackberry's native Twitter app) but now I can't download/save images at all. Not even from the browser. Even if I click "full-size image" and I'm really viewing just the image, not an image embedded within a website, there is no "Save image" option, when I hit menu (and the images are also supported file formats, regular jpegs or similar).

Help, please?
Old 05-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Can't download/save photos?

This may help.

I can't save pictures or videos to my media card
Try one of the following:

Delete old media files to free up storage space and try again.

Insert a different media card.

In the File Manager app, browse to your media card. Make sure that the Camera folder exists and is available. If necessary, create a new folder called Camera.

In the File Manager app, browse to your media card. Check if there are any other files called Camera. Delete or move any other files called Camera to a different folder.

The full help file link

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...n.pdf#Page=141
Old 05-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
KayNoire
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Can't download/save photos?

Thank you, but that's not what I meant (I looked at that user guide already). I'm sorry, I was not clear enough with describing my problem.

It's not my media card (it's basically empty and a singular camera folder is there. I also removed it and tried it without the media card). The camera is working fine. I can take photos, they're saving. I have enough space on the media card, it's downloading documents and such fine, even photos when they're sent via e-mail attachments or whatsapp.

What's not working is Twitter/the browser.
When I'm browsing the Internet or opening a link I'm sent, there is no "save image" option. The option to save the image is just not there. I am not getting any error message like "Not enough space" after clicking download, I don't have the option to even click download on any photos.

The menu options I have are "Settings", "Downloads" (ironically), "Site info", "Add to Home Screen", "Add Bookmark," "Reader", "Find on Page", "Reload" "Share".

I know with my Torch, I often couldn't directly download photos when viewing a website. I had to click on "view full/size image" so that the menu would give me the "save image" option, but as aforementioned, now with the Q10, even when just viewing the image, it's not giving me the option to download.
And once again, I was viewing photos with supported file extensions.

I hope this was a better explanation.

Edit:
Even when holding my finger on the image, which should automatically prompt image options (including save image), it's not giving me a save image option.
I find that peculiar.

Last edited by KayNoire; 05-01-2014 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: More info
Closed Thread