PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default WiFi Settings for Orange UK

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I'm using the following:
Blackberry 8320
Orange UK

I can connect fine to my home WiFi network. However, The Wi-Fi Settings (under Manage Connections) is always yellow. Wi-Fi Diagnostics show an IP address for my Wireless connection. For UMA it says that UMA Wi-FI Available but connection is wrong. Status is either Wi-Fi Associateion Failed, ISP Error or ISP or T-Mobile Network error. Reg UNC Address is unc.singlephone.orange.co.uk:14001. Service UNC Address is unc.singlephone.orange.co.uk:14001.

On my wireless router, I have opened up UDP ports: 50, 51, 500 and 4500 and pointed it at the ip address of the blackberry.

I don't know if this is relevant but my ISP provider is NOT orange.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

You won't ever get UMA out of it. However, you should be able to connect for data.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:29 AM   #3
aputty

Model: 8320
Default WiFi Settings for Orange UK

Ok. So then what am I missing in my setup in order for data to be used via WiFI?
Old 12-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
neilrmcd

Model: 8320
Default Wifi

I have a Orange Blackberry. I can connect to WIFI router but when I try to use the browser it does not work. The diagnostics show "VPN profile is not found" I dont know what VPN is or how to fix it.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
DJBoozy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: ifone
PIN: no more, Imessage :(
Carrier: Orange UK Business

i have my 8320 on orange working on my wifi, and it also picks up my blackberry e-mails over it too.

I'm also getting the t-mobile error when trying to use UMA, orange's tech support havent got a clue what it is, nor what the error means, and have asked me to contact RIM.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBoozy View Post
i have my 8320 on orange working on my wifi, and it also picks up my blackberry e-mails over it too.

I'm also getting the t-mobile error when trying to use UMA, orange's tech support havent got a clue what it is, nor what the error means, and have asked me to contact RIM.
Like JC said above, you will not be able to get UMA since its carrier specific...
Old 01-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
DJBoozy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: ifone
PIN: no more, Imessage :(
Carrier: Orange UK Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
Like JC said above, you will not be able to get UMA since its carrier specific...

been told by Orange now, that if you wipe your handset, and setup the wireless again, it will work (??) - this falls inline with what i found here:

WiFi on BlackBerrys- General Questions - Powered By www.scancom.co.uk SupportSuite

Why don't I have the "UMA" signal on my WiFi BlackBerry?
If you did a full restore from your old BB to the new 8320, or used the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager to move to the 8320, you likely carried over some old settings that don't apply on the 8320 BlackBerry. Follow these steps to fix it, AND save your old contacts, messages, etc.

1. Make a complete back-up of your old BlackBerry using Desktop Manager. Note the name of that backup file (*.ipd).

2. Remove your old BB from the USB.

3. Wipe your Curve 8320 using Options > Security > General Settings. Press the Menu button to Wipe Handheld. This will wipe ALL settings and personal data from the BlackBerry.

4. Plugin your new Curve 8320 to the USB cable. Click on Desktop Manager and Backup/Restore > Advanced Restore. Click File and Open to find the backup file you made in step #1 (*.ipd). Select those limited items you wish that pertain only to your personal data, such as: Address Book, Auto text, BB messenger, Browser bookmarks, Calendar, Memos, Messages, Password Keeper, Phone Log, Phone Speed Dial, Profiles, Profile Options, SMS Messages, and Theme Settings.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
whirlwind24

Model: 8329
Carrier: orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBoozy View Post
been told by Orange now, that if you wipe your handset, and setup the wireless again, it will work (??) - this falls inline with what i found here:

WiFi on BlackBerrys- General Questions - Powered By www.scancom.co.uk SupportSuite

Why don't I have the "UMA" signal on my WiFi BlackBerry?
If you did a full restore from your old BB to the new 8320, or used the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager to move to the 8320, you likely carried over some old settings that don't apply on the 8320 BlackBerry. Follow these steps to fix it, AND save your old contacts, messages, etc.

1. Make a complete back-up of your old BlackBerry using Desktop Manager. Note the name of that backup file (*.ipd).

2. Remove your old BB from the USB.

3. Wipe your Curve 8320 using Options > Security > General Settings. Press the Menu button to Wipe Handheld. This will wipe ALL settings and personal data from the BlackBerry.

4. Plugin your new Curve 8320 to the USB cable. Click on Desktop Manager and Backup/Restore > Advanced Restore. Click File and Open to find the backup file you made in step #1 (*.ipd). Select those limited items you wish that pertain only to your personal data, such as: Address Book, Auto text, BB messenger, Browser bookmarks, Calendar, Memos, Messages, Password Keeper, Phone Log, Phone Speed Dial, Profiles, Profile Options, SMS Messages, and Theme Settings.
did it work? i also have a 8320 from orange (big mistake! should av gone for O2) but cant get it to receive or send email over wifi. all i can do over wifi is use the browser. can restoring as explained above solve this??
Old 01-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
Worm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: All
Carrier: Plead the fifth.

At a guess, all but UMA should occur or not occur despite the carrier, though broadband provider may be relevant. E-mail/RIM connection may also require ports forwarding on your router, or the device placing in DMZ. If I get around to it I'll set up a proxy and stick Ethereal on it. Looking at service books, there are both originating I.P and ports in there, protocol is UDP.

Also, you could use UMA/GSM, I think Orange call their version unique phone or similar (all U.K carriers are doing it afaik?). This will be a provisioned service however as it is essential that your WiFi AP is provisioned as a node of the GSM network for "routing"* and inter UMA/GSM handover.

neilrmcd - I'd speculate you need to change your default browser to the WiFi one.

cheers

Worm

*simplistic and could expand if required.

Last edited by Worm; 01-20-2008 at 08:12 PM..
Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Not sure about Orange UK but with TMobile USA you can just go to http://mobile.blackberry.com and download the certificates instead of wiping the device and starting over. It might be the same with Orange UK. Also, I think newer revisions of the OS have solved this problem, anyway.
Closed Thread