Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #141
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Please Login to Remove!

Not as far as I can see... IMHO, the entire 'entertainment' section is an ad for bplay...

And, yeah, I know, viigo is free, it's beta, blah, blah, blah... it also seems a bit misleading...

Maybe Petey will wander by and explain that it's a 'proof of concept' like the CFL thing is...
Old 06-20-2008, 05:02 AM   #142
SMF
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Has anyone noticed Viigo contributing to battery drain?

I've recently installed the newest beta of Viigo and the new version of amAzeGPS and my battery life has plummeted and I'm wondering if amAze or Viigo is the factor.

I would appreciate knowing if anyone else has noticed battery drain increasing after installing the newest beta of Viigo.

Thanks,
SMF

Last edited by SMF; 06-20-2008 at 05:03 AM..
Old 06-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #143
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
Not as far as I can see... IMHO, the entire 'entertainment' section is an ad for bplay...

And, yeah, I know, viigo is free, it's beta, blah, blah, blah... it also seems a bit misleading...

Maybe Petey will wander by and explain that it's a 'proof of concept' like the CFL thing is...
I think they wanted to show us or merely test that one can put certain channels as stand alones on the home page. This was mentioned either here or on another forum.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #144
squeff

Model: 8830
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeypants View Post
Wirelessly posted

The entire point of the CFL category is to highlight what they are going to be doing for as many sports as possible. I like the fact that Viigo will let me view schedules, standings, and purchase tickets.

If they buried it within the sports category it would be overlooked.
Right. This isn't so much a beta as it is a marketing demo to show what they could do. A proof of concept to get people excited and, presumably, to locate partners (i.e., people who fund us all getting free copies of this software). Ditto on the bbplay stuff.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #145
petey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:

Wandering by...

Well, the CFL is actually a live service and not a proof of concept; It was placed on the main Viigo Screen to showcase some of the capabilities of Viigo in the next release. As other sports leagues begin their seasons, you can expect to see their live scores, and also perhaps a CFL type services as well.

We hope to expand the Entertainment service in the future as well and add other content providers.

The same goes for the Stocks Service: Its called a "Demo" right now because that's all that it is, a demo.

We hope to add quite a few goodies in the upcoming months. Stay tuned!

Pete
Old 06-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #146
squeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
Wandering by...

Well, the CFL is actually a live service and not a proof of concept; It was placed on the main Viigo Screen to showcase some of the capabilities of Viigo in the next release. As other sports leagues begin their seasons, you can expect to see their live scores, and also perhaps a CFL type services as well.

We hope to expand the Entertainment service in the future as well and add other content providers.

The same goes for the Stocks Service: Its called a "Demo" right now because that's all that it is, a demo.

Pete
Are you saying that CFL (and perhaps other such services) is going to stay on the home page? Hopefully (hint hint) a user will be able to select what items to have on the home page. I'd hate to have "CFL" (or whatever) on my home page if I'm never going to use it.

As far as the Entertainment service goes, would is be possible NOT to advertise "free games" and then be told that they cost money? Was this your mistake? Or did the folks at bbplay not get the memo about them agreeing to give Viigo users free games?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #147
petey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeff View Post
Are you saying that CFL (and perhaps other such services) is going to stay on the home page? Hopefully (hint hint) a user will be able to select what items to have on the home page. I'd hate to have "CFL" (or whatever) on my home page if I'm never going to use it.

As far as the Entertainment service goes, would is be possible NOT to advertise "free games" and then be told that they cost money? Was this your mistake? Or did the folks at bbplay not get the memo about them agreeing to give Viigo users free games?
The CFL Service will be placed in the Sports Section in later builds.

As for Entertainment, the feed has been renamed to "Free and Trial Games for BlackBerry". Not our mistake nor bplays. A small oversight, that's all. Update the channel, exit Viigo and open the app again. The new title should appear.

Pete
Old 06-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #148
LexxxTavoz

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmo

I totally agree with squeff, I sent feedback to Beta on the suggestion of removing the rss icons I dont use and moving the rss' to the approiate sections. For example I have an RSS of a team that I want to move to the sports file icon.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #149
NightFire
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular

After upgrading the WES Edition, I received my e-mail for the private beta and re-installed Viigo. It runs well, and my memory seems steadier than on the WES version. I'm eager to see what is coming next. Too bad about the free games, but such is life.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #150
fonejunkie
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
Wandering by...

Pete
Thanks for 'wandering by', Petey

Since the population of Canada is roughly 11% if that of the US, why choose a Canadian sport to showcase the 'service' (like baseball or the just concluded NBA season)? At the very least, give us a way to remove, reorder or hide those 'services' that we have no interest in.

I will refrain from commenting further on the whole Entertainment 'service'.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #151
talon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Bell

Quote:

Since the population of Canada is roughly 11% if that of the US, why choose a Canadian sport to showcase the 'service' (like baseball or the just concluded NBA season)? At the very least, give us a way to remove, reorder or hide those 'services' that we have no interest in.

As he already mentioned, the CFL will eventually disappear from the main page. But for the mean time, as a Canadian, I'm quite glad to see us get something first for once. So there.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #152
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon
Quote:

As he already mentioned, the CFL will eventually disappear from the main page. But for the mean time, as a Canadian, I'm quite glad to see us get something first for once. So there.
Go Winnipeg Blue Bombers ????????

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:23 AM   #153
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Not everyone signed an NDA...many of us got the WES beta without signing an NDA.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:45 AM   #154
PDM

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
[...]

[...]
Well, taking that argument I could say that the North American population is approx 524M; which is fourth in population after Asia, Africa, and Europe.

So, even American Football, Baseball etc should be made available after addressing popular worldwide sports watched/played in/on the other continents.

Nevertheless, I see it is an initial BETA release and hope like many of you that the possibility to move/hide particular services will be addressed in a later release(s). I certainly, don't expect/demand viigo address this immediately
Old 06-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #155
squeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Not everyone signed an NDA...many of us got the WES beta without signing an NDA.
That's correct. But NightFire spoke specifically of the private (NDA) version.

Those that upgraded from the WES version have the PUBLIC beta. This is different from the PRIVATE beta.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #156
fonejunkie
Just me

Has anyone else's viigo gone all wonky lately? I just checked my All Unread Items - there are 537... when I go to the individual feeds, over 95% of the articles are listed in the YESTERDAY (or earlier) sections. What that all about?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #157
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I am getting current stuff. Its just taking too long to grab the feeds than the WES version.

LET'S GO CANES!

Last edited by akosnitzky; 06-24-2008 at 06:13 PM..
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #158
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Mine has not and will not update since Monday, June 23rd. Very frustrating. I was happy enough with the original version which did work.

I thought I would see lots of posts similar to mine. I tried reporting the bug and then I tried logging into my account online (on a computer). I got a very strange error so I sent an e-mail. Haven't heard back on the error, but I wish they would consider a post on their main Tango page for when things are down. Unless I'm the only one experiencing problems.
Closed Thread