Old 10-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #41
djransom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
People are still buying them like crazy, so I guess its not as big a problem as you think.
Yeah they buy them only to complain afterwards when they learn of the learn the features it lacks.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #42
the_bidness
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook View Post
Just left Best Buy in Miami, they have the dummy floor model out but when I asked if they had any available they advised sometime next week...(that tells me the 4th)..

I just cant understand why AT&T would release it on election day....How about on the 3rd that makes more sense..
I actually just e-mailed Best Buy and got the same info. Oh well.

Adam,
I am Alicia with Best Buy Mobile. It looks like the launch date for the Blackberry Bold is 11-04-08. If you have any other questions please e-mail me back or you could call us at 1-888-BESTBUY.

Thank you,
Alicia
Best Buy Mobile
Old 10-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #43
gfrancis306
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2484D2EB

i dont think the storm will be as successful as the bold will or the curve has been. first of all good luck cranking out emails on a touchscreen (there goes the storm's chances of getting large orders for corporate accounts) and secondly what has worked for blackberry for years is STILL working. with few minor changes it is STILL giving apple's jesus phone a run for their money in the consumer world and blowing away any other make's corporate sales.

look at it this way- those of you who have been to southern california know about in-n-out burger. they haven't changed their menu in almost 50 years (hamburger, cheeseburger, double-double, fries, drinks and shakes), and any in-n-out burger you go to is jam-packed with people paying for double-doubles :drool: if they suddenly started selling chicken sandwiches or salads, will those suddenly be the most popular thing? don't think so....

RIM should stick to their current platform, with minor changes to software/hardware as the market sees fit, but the big jump to a touchscreen i think was an adventurous (and wrong) decision on RIM's part.

/conservative BB enthusiast rant
Old 10-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #44
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A

At least one Best Buy store in Phoenix, and possibly even an AT&T store (according to the sales person at Best Buy, had Bolds in stock and sold out yesterday.

I called a few other local Best Buys and was told that effectively each store is on their own. As the devices come in they will be sold, no waiting till a specific date. I was told this by multiple stores, and that shipments could arrive anytime, today, tomorrow etc., and as they appear they will be as quickly sold out.

Last edited by CSO; 10-27-2008 at 08:56 PM..
Old 10-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #45
tsubasa55
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: I9000

its now down to $659.99
Old 10-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #46
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted

Oops! Here in Az someone I know from BestBuy told me the few stores locally that sold the few Bolds they had are going to be fined and that the stores have been ordered not to sell them till the 4th. (At this point who knows what's true but it's all crazyness)
Old 10-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #47
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have called around to the 4 or 5 BB Mobiles in Manhattan and have gotten different answers from just about everyone on both timing and price. All but one of the stores said it would be available on the 4th; the other store said they could have it as early as today (that was yesterday) - called again today and they had no idea when they are getting it. As far as pricing goes, a few said $350 for upgrades and new activations; one said $399 for new activations and $419 for upgrades and another (which I actually went to) showed $299 (they had a dummy display model).

So moral of the story is that Best Buy is all over the place. Don't expect any of them to have it prior to the 4th but we'll see.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #48
HRom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Default AVailable 11/3

BB Mobile in mid-town Manhattan has signs in window saying will be available 11/3

Last edited by HRom; 10-30-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Old 10-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #49
That70sGAdawg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9670
Carrier: Sprint

11/3, a day AFTER their 20% off for Reward Zone customers special ends.. I'M headed to AT&T on Lection day, and there better not be a line...

Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 10-30-2008 at 11:58 PM..
Old 11-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #50
Uncle Dimmy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

I happen to be in West Palm Beach, FL for business and read this thread last night. I went to the Best Buy off of PGA Blvd and they told me that they had them in stock, but could not sell it until Nov. 4 per their Manager. I tried to slip him a hundy on the side, but he told me that he could not even ring it up, much less get it set up to be used through AT&T.

He also told me that all Best Buys and AT&T stores should have them in stock and should be getting ready to launch them on Nov. 4. He said he has seen the boxes, but had not tried to open any of the boxes. I am planning on getting my hands on one on Tuesday.

I hope that they have software ready to work with my Macbook Pro. I love my iPhone, but I sure like they way the BB works for real business operations day in and day out. I guess I'll give my new 3G iPhone to my wife.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #51
Attila The Hun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T,Orang

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew95054 View Post
I agree 100%... it's got a nice speed bump, it's not revolutionary though.
I thought that way too but changed my mined after finding that the storm don't have WI FI and 3G GSM.
over sea travelers cant have the same service that the BOLD give.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #52
tjones60
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Bold Purchase - Iphone 3G Current

I too will be purchasing the Bold. The Iphone is a great overall consumer technology. But when it comes to basic - on the fly - communication (voice, text, email) the iphone does not hold a candle to the BB. I have used both technology's extensively - but find myself always migrating back to the BB for ease of use, day in & day out communications.

I just wish RIM would get with it & support the MAC OS platform as well it does the PC world. I feel there is enough momentum & growth in corporate america - for RIM to justify writing Desktop Sync Software (other than basic PoctecMac) for the BB.
Closed Thread