Please Login to Remove!

nope dont want one wouldnt have one.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #22
tony@sirfox.plus.com
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2

Tracking, i agree with your sentiments - stick to your guns!

BB's are robust everyday tools to get things done whilst looking and feeling cool. I bet Apple executives use BB's to communicate through RIM email goodness in order to fine tune their iPhone marketing strategies ;)

Back on topic: no im not interested in getting one.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #23
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

4gb if you can find them are 299.
All in all a very good day for apple. they are moving very aggressively to get all the market-share they can while some (palm) are weak. just my opinion.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #24
Joex410
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100c
PIN: 23fc8666
Carrier: AT&T

I'm interested, but holding out. On AT&T's website it says this pricing is until the end of January. So, that might mean a new version could be out somewhere in that time frame.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #25
Deeangoe

Model: Curve
PIN: 2412AF9C

not interested...cuz ipod touch + blackberry curve is more than enough
Old 09-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #26
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

No interest for me still, even at reduced price... reasons haven't changed:

- for large emails and frequent SMS / IM's, a tactile-response keyboard is SO much better for me - Curve wins out here for me

- I can dial / text, etc, with one hand using the Curve keyboard - can't do that with iPhone

- size and weight better in my pocket with a Curve

- Curve less fragile than iPhone

Overall: I need a very solid appliance for email, phone, IM/SMS - and the Curve does this beautifully, along with extras. As pretty and impressive as the iPhone is, it simply isn't the appliance that I want to use every day -- it's a pretty, but less utilitarian, novelty. Just doesn't fit into my typical day -- and even at $400, it's not worth giving up something so useful as my Curve for the iPhone.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #27
avanden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

As tempting as that is and knowing how hard it is to put down an iPhone (I spent way too much time playing with one at the Apple store a couple months ago), I still plan on getting a BB Curve when I can upgrade my phone next month.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #28
speed4tu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

I have tried them out a few times and the keyboard on it is horrible. I could not type a single sentence without touching multiple wrong letters. Although the web browsing seemed to work good.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #29
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

I would not buy one if it was $99
Old 09-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #30
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed4tu View Post
I have tried them out a few times and the keyboard on it is horrible. I could not type a single sentence without touching multiple wrong letters. Although the web browsing seemed to work good.
Try avoiding the backspace key for a bit -- it has a good automatic corrector.

I am sticking to my BlackBerry, but I am kind of tempted to get an iPod Touch, because I could use a PDA-style device for better video playback, photos, stylus usage, etc. A few things holding me back: Lack of Bluetooth keyboard support, lack of a doodle drawing application (for diagrams, using iPhone/iPod Touch as an electronic notepad, etc.).

The iPod Touch would make an amazing PDA once it's hacked, perhaps with a Linux distro. It's ultra thin (8mm), great screen, good graphics (3D/video acceleration), reasonably cheap for a PDA of its feature specs ($299 USD) if it could be made hackable.

It would probably bring me back to a two-device person if further improvements were made (i.e. future software releases for iPhone/iPod Touch). Oh well - time will tell!
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #31
test54
BlackBerry Master

I agree, the touch will be like the appletv, people will be tearing it apart to hack it. It will sell better than the appletv so more hacking, and it does look very good. I have used coworkers iphone alot recently - its getting email- and i dont have any problems with typing. even with fat fingers it is pretty easy to use and yes if you dont correct every mistake it does pretty well fixing everything.

back to the touch, good ipod, wireless internet and email, add im, i think adding linux would open it up to all kinds of programs.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #32
KamileonX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300R
PIN: Just Ask =)
Carrier: Rogers

My curve is still cheaper =P

But here is my full reply: I'm not more interested in iPhone than when the price was still $600. To me the iPhone is a really nice phone, nothing more. There is no way that it will be able to duplicate what my blackberry can accomplish. From what I have read, their email retrieval system is iffy and inconsistant. And as much as a 100% touch screen may be a nice toy, it's just asking for problems down the road.

Just imagine a couple years from now when the iPhone gets worn down (like a blackberry would eventually through normal use). How nice is that phone now? at least blackberrys are still functional and can take a beating. I'm not sure how good the iPhone will hold up.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #33
test54
BlackBerry Master

for me so far it boils down to what you want. here's my breakdown if your interested.

BB is great for email, iphone is ok as the keyboard if fine (no typing problems for me) it does take some time if it misses a poll i guess. +1 BB
The iphone is definitely faster when it comes to menus. This is more important than you think, after using it I get frustrated with 8800. +1 iphone
Browsing is better on iphone as the browser and wifi really make it a step forward. +1 iphone
Media is hands down to the iphone, as said the speed of the menus comes into play here alot, very fast like most ipods. +1 iphone
Contacts are not as good on iphone as you cannot search, you need to choose a starting letter and then search manually for the name. +1 BB
Calendars are about the same, for me i dont any advantages. -
Phone quality i see both as very good, voice and reception are the same for me. Bluetooth using the same earpieces are same. -
GPS of course would be nice on iphone, i like having it and use it a couple times a week. +1 BB
I would add adding wireless media is big thing for me as i subscribe to 7 podcasts (video/audio) and to get these whenever ota will be great. wifi music store this month sometime. +1 iphone
3rd party apps for the BB are great, just need to look at the GPS section to see the guys building apps in there. +1 BB

this is for me as i do not IM so i have no comments on that. the surprise was the keyboard, i have seen so many people say how bad it is but it took me some time to get used to the 8800 from 7290, i dont think its a decision killer at all. Stability is something the BB is known for but i do have to say as many battery pulls as I have done its not perfect. Iphone, my two coworkers dont even know how to reset the things and they are 2 months old, no problems there i guess. It does have a hard and soft reset.

+4 iphone / +4 BB it all about what you want, but i do see the appeal.

The biggest thing for me was the speed of the phone, very impressive OS.
I'm sure i'll get slammed for this but its my opinion.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #34
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

No I wouldn't. I actually spent a good time playing with it at the apple store the other day. I was actually quite annoyed with it. Then after leaving the store is when I found out they dropped the price.

One thing I did like about it was the beautiful display. The device seems pretty inovative and fresh, but when I used it, it just felt lacking and quite annoyed with a lot of things, not happy with it. Maybe i'm just so used to my blackberry. Not sure if I could get used to the iphone. And as much as i truely HATE the true, I actually liked using the treo (palm) better than the iPHONE.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #35
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810

No interest. I don't see me using anything but a Berry in the foreseeable future. Very happy with what RIM brings to the dance.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #36
tomtheguitarguy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T Mobility

Not for me, as my BB does everything I want and need it to do. Sure streaming video would be nice at times, but hey I use it as a business device more than a personl one.

Now my wife on the other hand . . . at $399 I could see me getting one for her as an Anniversary Present, as she did like the look of it - unfortunately, I just got her a new LG VX8550 a little while ago, so I'd be looking at getting another line (at another carrier!) for her iPhone. Gotta crunch some numbers!

tomtheguitarguy
Old 09-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #37
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

I will use a different method than you did... I will use a scale of 1-10

Email:
BB 8
iPhone 3

Stability:
BB 9
iPhone 3

Keyboard:
BB 8300 9
iPhone 3

Media:
BB 8300 5
iPhone 9

Contacts:
BB 7
iPhone 3

Total:
BB 38
iPhone 21

A blow-out in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
for me so far it boils down to what you want. here's my breakdown if your interested.

BB is great for email, iphone is ok as the keyboard if fine (no typing problems for me) it does take some time if it misses a poll i guess. +1 BB
The iphone is definitely faster when it comes to menus. This is more important than you think, after using it I get frustrated with 8800. +1 iphone
Browsing is better on iphone as the browser and wifi really make it a step forward. +1 iphone
Media is hands down to the iphone, as said the speed of the menus comes into play here alot, very fast like most ipods. +1 iphone
Contacts are not as good on iphone as you cannot search, you need to choose a starting letter and then search manually for the name. +1 BB
Calendars are about the same, for me i dont any advantages. -
Phone quality i see both as very good, voice and reception are the same for me. Bluetooth using the same earpieces are same. -
GPS of course would be nice on iphone, i like having it and use it a couple times a week. +1 BB
I would add adding wireless media is big thing for me as i subscribe to 7 podcasts (video/audio) and to get these whenever ota will be great. wifi music store this month sometime. +1 iphone
3rd party apps for the BB are great, just need to look at the GPS section to see the guys building apps in there. +1 BB

this is for me as i do not IM so i have no comments on that. the surprise was the keyboard, i have seen so many people say how bad it is but it took me some time to get used to the 8800 from 7290, i dont think its a decision killer at all. Stability is something the BB is known for but i do have to say as many battery pulls as I have done its not perfect. Iphone, my two coworkers dont even know how to reset the things and they are 2 months old, no problems there i guess. It does have a hard and soft reset.

+4 iphone / +4 BB it all about what you want, but i do see the appeal.

The biggest thing for me was the speed of the phone, very impressive OS.
I'm sure i'll get slammed for this but its my opinion.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #38
Rolo1971
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100

I was interested in getting an ipod video but then the ipod touch came out making me want that one more! BUT now that the iphone has dropped in price, for $100 more or the same price I might as well have the phone added! If you can find it, the 4GB Iphone is $299, same as ipod touch 8GB for $299!
I am keeping my bb though!~!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #39
test54
BlackBerry Master

Lunk, are you basing that on the 8300? 8700? or what. my experiences with BB is that they are definitely not the same. I have no problem with your opinion, everyone has one but just wanted to know which model you mean.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #40
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Email, stability and contacts are pretty much the same for all BB's... I added the 8300 to keyboard and media area of my scores,,,
Closed Thread