Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
rrwei

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Yahoo email problem

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800. Starting from yesterday, I can no longer receive emails from Yahoo on my blackberry, but I can still send emails from Yahoo on my blackberry. I tried to delete my Yahoo email account from my blackberry and add it back in. It works for the 1st hour or so. Then, it will stop receiving emails. I tried to pull out the batteries and reboot. Nothing works! I tried to add my Yahoo account on another blackberry, Blackberry Bold. For the first hour, I am able to receive emails, then after that I can no longer receive emails on that blackberry as well. Can anyone help with this problem? Thanks a lot!!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Yahoo email problem

If its the same on multiple devices and after re-adding the account, it sounds like it could be a Yahoo problem.

BUT, meanwhile, do this IN THIS ORDER:
  • Go to your Options > Device and find your Service Books and delete ANY entries related to your Yahoo account. There should be two.
  • Now, do a reboot... with the BlackBerry powered ON, remove the battery for a minute, replace and reboot.
  • Now, go back to your BIS account login, and resend the service books. You should get notice of receiving them in your messages.
See how that works after the first hour.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
rrwei

I tried that, but it didn't help. Thanks a lot for your suggestion though. If it's a problem with Yahoo, who can I contact? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
rrwei

I am still having this problem. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I'm not. Yahoo email is arriving no more than a minute or two after it is sent, at most. I have two ISP addresses that are hosted by Yahoo, and those are OK, too.

I agree with JSanders...Sounds like Yahoo and not you. But I can tell you from experience and years following the forum, problems like this can be variable between users, both in the existence of any problem in the first place, as well as the symptoms for those with a problem. So, even if no one else here reports a problem, or reports different symptoms, that doesn't mean your problem is with you.

The only other thing to try that seems to have worked for some in these situations is to delete your address from BIS as well as do the other steps JSanders advised above. Then wait a while. Your guess is as good as anybody on how long to wait, but try waiting a few hours. Then add the address back to BIS and resend service books. It probably won't do any good, but it might.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread