Old 07-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
sloopercat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Lost bluetooth after downloading BB Desktop Manager

Please Login to Remove!

I have a new Dell E6410 with built in bluetooth. I have been using a bluetooth mouse and stumbled onto the fact that you can use the BB as a tetherless bluetooth modem. When they loaded my new laptop the IT guys did not load the BB desktop manager. I decided to do that yesterday. After loading the Desktop Manager software and rebooting, the bluetooth mouse stopped working, the BB bluetooth tethering also did not work. I also could no longer cable tether to the phone, I had not started using the VZ Navigator program prior to this as I could get right on the net using the bluetooth. Finally got the cable tethering to work by deleting and resetting the com port for the "standard modem".

Finally got the mouse to work. I cannot get the BB to work though. It seems to communicate with the BB through bluetooth, but I cannot connect using the Bluetooth configuration program. It opens up and looks like it is all there, it will connect then immediately disconnect. It comes up with an FTP error, file not found.

I tried to remove the BB device from the bluetooth device list, but that option does not seem to be on menu.
Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited by sloopercat; 07-27-2010 at 03:00 PM..
Closed Thread