Old 08-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Strugglin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T Orange
Default Blackberry Playbook apps

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I recently purchased a Blackberry Playbook, and must say that I am pleased. The thing that disappoints me the most is the lack of Apps. I understand that the Android App player is coming soon to the Playbook, but I would think that more developers would create Apps for the QNX OS. I've read complaints about the challanges with creating apps for the proprietary OS used on the mobile devices. I thought QNX was easier to work with?.?

I could live with the same Apps that are available on the BB mobile devices, but most of those apps are not available for the PB.

Is everyone seriously giving up on RIM and the playbook?
Old 08-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
DaveTheA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell Canada
Default Re: Blackberry Playbook apps

No.... The Playbook is a new platform and it will take a while before a lot of quality apps appear. RIM REALLY needs to get the native SDK out to developers. After that, let's see what happens. I feel confident that IF RIM supports the Playbook properly, and IF Playbook owners create a serious demand for native apps [I believe the Android emulation planned for the PB to be a dangerous chimera], the Playbook will continue to be an excellent and desirable product.

As it is, I find the Playbook does 95% of what I need it to do, and does it very well... I'm certainly not giving up on it anytime soon.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules