Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
webis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Pocket Informant for BlackBerry

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I'm the developer of Pocket Informant on Windows Mobile devices. We're doing a survey to get some ideas of interest in bringing our software to the RIM platform. We already have FlexWallet and an internal build of VoiceMinder and now are looking at Pocket Informant.

Every week we get people asking us about Pocket Informant for the BlackBerry. So we asked some of our users which sites are popular for BlackBerry users and this is one of them that they recommended.

All I'm looking for is some feedback either here or via our survey page. Blackberry Questions - WebIS, Inc. Customer Forums

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c

I used PocketInformant quite a while ago, when it first comae out for the PocketPC but have been using a Blackberry for about three years now. I'd like to see PI brought to the Blackberry. I'm using a 8800c right now.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
LarryH
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

I've been a PI user for a long time, recently picked up a Blackberry. From what I've been reading in this board and others, you guys would own this market. Many have asked for something like it and those that haven't don't know what they're missing. A resounding "do it" from me.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webis
Hi, I'm the developer of Pocket Informant on Windows Mobile devices. We're doing a survey to get some ideas of interest in bringing our software to the RIM platform. We already have FlexWallet and an internal build of VoiceMinder and now are looking at Pocket Informant.

Every week we get people asking us about Pocket Informant for the BlackBerry. So we asked some of our users which sites are popular for BlackBerry users and this is one of them that they recommended.

All I'm looking for is some feedback either here or via our survey page. Blackberry Questions - WebIS, Inc. Customer Forums

Thanks!
I used PI in my old PPC days and wanted to leave feedback at the link. But looks like you have to sign in, so I'm moving on. So long.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
lawizard

Model: 8300
Carrier: cingular - the new AT&T

I used PI on my Dell 51x and liked it alot! It would sure be a lot better than the current system! I used agendus on my palms and loved that system but when I asked, they have no plans to develop for Blackberry. So, WebIS, please, please, please give us a better system than is currently available on the blackberry. Pocket Today is a today screen only and nothing else even comes close to making a smooth transition between the PIM information!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
stuxstu

Carrier: AT&T

PI for the Black Berry, hmmm how do I say this...... Pretty please with sugar on top!!!!! Voiceminder too!!

The BB has nothing that even remotely competes. Just please make sure you bring the slick graphics from the WM OS to the BB OS.

I used PI for several years until I had to be moved to the BB for email service in my company a couple months ago. Love it and miss it.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
jorgeledesmadds
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2440be7c
Carrier: Tmobile

This would totally be a killer application for the Blackberry platform, sign me up, let me beta test it, I'll even pay now if you let me, lol, by all means do us a great favor please !!!

Jorge Ledesma
www.blackberrygtd.com & www.berryreview.com
Old 07-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
thielsa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

If you develop a version of pocket informant for the blackberry that's close to the windows mobile version, you'll get a huge number of former windows mobile former users to convert. The PIM user interface is the weakest part of the blackberry (other than the lack of a good today screen). Count me in if you do a beta. I had pocketinformant on my 8125 prior to switching to a blackberry.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
webis

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I used PI in my old PPC days and wanted to leave feedback at the link. But looks like you have to sign in, so I'm moving on. So long.
Sorry, that's how voting works. Its a forum. We don't want someone voting 50 times for one thing. So it takes registration to do votes which ensures the votes are mostly valid.

But either way, that's how pretty much any forum software works.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #10
webis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuxstu View Post
PI for the Black Berry, hmmm how do I say this...... Pretty please with sugar on top!!!!! Voiceminder too!!

The BB has nothing that even remotely competes. Just please make sure you bring the slick graphics from the WM OS to the BB OS.

I used PI for several years until I had to be moved to the BB for email service in my company a couple months ago. Love it and miss it.
VoiceMinder is done already. I just haven't posted it up yet.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #11
webis

Our goals on the BB version of PI would be to work on 3 areas specifically. We would probably leave Contacts alone. We have a plan and we have a timeframe. Its just a matter of getting an idea if its doable financially.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #12
Crupp

Model: 9000
PIN: 249e66f1

i would love to see it. I actually did some beta testing on PI back in my Axim 50v days. I actually still have it. Anyone interested
Old 07-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #13
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

For those of us who have never used a Windows Mobile Device, it may be helpful to explain what the program does.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:50 PM   #14
webis

Quote:
Pocket Informant vastly improves upon the functionality of Pocket Outlook to match and exceed what's available even with the desktop Outlook while keeping complete and uncompromising compatibility with Outlook. 5 Calendar Views, Notes, Tasks, Contacts, Journal, and so much more with beautiful and functional interface. And amazingly even with all this power Pocket Informant is even easier to use than Pocket Outlook is!
Welcome to WebIS.net - Pocket Informant 2007
Old 07-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #15
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Thank you. This is something I would be interested in, now that I understand functions of the program.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:44 AM   #16
theBorg
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 83/81
PIN: TO
Carrier: AT&T 8310, 8100, 7100

It would be helpful if there were a list of specs in the original post.

Yep, I'd be very interested PI. The BES integration is beyond my needs, but the task/cal/msg mgmt would be great.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:42 AM   #17
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by webis View Post
Sorry, that's how voting works. Its a forum. We don't want someone voting 50 times for one thing. So it takes registration to do votes which ensures the votes are mostly valid.

But either way, that's how pretty much any forum software works.
Well then, I'll give feedback here: I liked PI very much when I used it, and liked your support. I encourage you to do a version for the blackberry, and looks like there could be many, many others feel same way. I would probably buy if the price is as reasonable as it was back when I used it.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #18
bostonnerd

Model: z10

Quote:
Originally Posted by webis View Post

Thanks!
Hi Alex
As a long time PI user the port to Blackberry would be great! Have you investigated the Blackberry development environment yet? I think you are going to find it is nowhere near as robust as WM and will be a major gate to your development efforts.

But if anyone can pull it off it would be you . Happy coding!!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:38 AM   #19
mdlissner

Long time PalmOS use who moved to a Blackberry about 4 months ago. Used Agendus as my PIM on Palm and miss the enhanced functions from Agendus.

I do use PocketDay, but its just a viewer, not really a PIM enhancement.

Would really like to give PI a whirl.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 07-20-2007, 08:01 AM   #20
Jaime

Carrier: Claro Chile

Please let me know if you need any beta tester!!

BR
Jaime