Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
pinchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile
Default blackberryforums and pinstack pearl forum

Please Login to Remove!

I wonder how many of you are like me jumping back and forth between this forum and pinstack pearl forum? Sometime I just wonder whether I should post my findings and tips on both forums or just one of the two.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

All those in the know, know very well reliable and up-to-date BB content usually originates on BBF 9 out of 10 of the times.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

Hey finch nice avatar!
Old 10-14-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
pinchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah, I did notice that BBF is a bit more active then pinstack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch
All those in the know, know very well reliable and up-to-date BB content usually originates on BBF 9 out of 10 of the times.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
kasperapd

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

This is definitely the better forum. Always better info and help here.

Please try a Search
Old 10-14-2006, 09:57 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Thumbs up BBForums

This is one of the most active and most informative forums of any I've experienced on any topic. The moderators do a great job-Hats off to them cuz it's not always an easy job! I come and hang out here all the time...I feel like I'm among friends, even though I know no one here. This forum made me the guy all my coworkers call when they have trouble (not sure if that's a good thing or not.) Even my Corporate BB IT guy calls ME with questions now. Go figure! He tried to get me to go over to IBBUG a year ago but I never joined. Some here may be members there, I don't know. However, while I pick up something there every once in a while, I just don't get as much info as I get here. Why go anywhere else? Home, Sweet Home! Keep it coming!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:35 AM   #7
rvdborn

Model: 7290
Default ibbug

Indeed.

Does anyone about any upcoming IBBUG activities?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile

One of the things that I can't stand about the Pinstack forums is that you'll see a thread of interest, with 8 replies. I click on it, read the original post and then there are 7 replies that state "welcome to Pinstack" and not one reply that is of any use.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:39 AM   #9
TheBigNewt

There's some setting on Pinstack that "pings" responses between similar forums. I haven't really bothered to explore it, but maybe someone else has.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #10
TheBigNewt

What is Linkback up at the top of the page? I haven't bothered to read it carefully. Does it enable one to communicate between similar forums (I just clicked it and it erased my latest post)? I apologize for dp, I thought it was erased and now it's back.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:04 AM   #11
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
What is Linkback up at the top of the page? I haven't bothered to read it carefully. Does it enable one to communicate between similar forums (I just clicked it and it erased my latest post)? I apologize for dp, I thought it was erased and now it's back.
Linkbacks show who's linking to a particular thread. This is found quite abundantly within the blogging communities. For example, if BlackBerryCool.com decided to link to a thread on this website, that thread would receive something similar to a ping and would list the linked pages. Keep in mind that the process of growing the internet in Web 1.0 was the idea of linking pages to other pages and so on and so forth in an exponential growth pattern. Popularity of webpages can be summarized in two categories - 1) number of unique page hits/visitors and 2) number of linked referrals (eg - if 10,000 websites linked to an article you posted as content on your webpage, expect your website to skyrocket in popularity).
Old 12-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #12
SanFrancisco

PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Linkbacks show who's linking to a particular thread. This is found quite abundantly within the blogging communities. For example, if BlackBerryCool.com decided to link to a thread on this website, that thread would receive something similar to a ping and would list the linked pages. Keep in mind that the process of growing the internet in Web 1.0 was the idea of linking pages to other pages and so on and so forth in an exponential growth pattern. Popularity of webpages can be summarized in two categories - 1) number of unique page hits/visitors and 2) number of linked referrals (eg - if 10,000 websites linked to an article you posted as content on your webpage, expect your website to skyrocket in popularity).
I for sure understand what you are saying. Especially lately since I am selling my site early next year.

My website that has been around since 1996 comes up number one when doing a google search [it's a law site].

And I have a 5 page rank, which is not that great, but it's not that low.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 12-12-2006 at 03:12 PM..
Old 12-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #13
SanFrancisco

Your reasons are why I hang around here too. Myself, I make my living writing [law] and communicating [litigating]. I am getting out of law and launching some Net ideas that I have not been able to fool with because of litigation/trial work.

This Forum stimulates my mind. It let's me practice my writing and stay tuned up. I enjoy problem solving and this Site provides plenty of that. Some people like cross word puzzles, guess I like the challenges helping other Forum members presents.

Query: you ever notice how this Site has "The Regulars." Kinda funny. I like to think everyone feels they are among friends too, albeit some real jerks have popped up every once in awhile. It's sad to read that some members really hate other members. [Like that one clown who said I am probably the most hated Member on BBF].

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
This is one of the most active and most informative forums of any I've experienced on any topic. The moderators do a great job-Hats off to them cuz it's not always an easy job! I come and hang out here all the time...I feel like I'm among friends, even though I know no one here. This forum made me the guy all my coworkers call when they have trouble (not sure if that's a good thing or not.) Even my Corporate BB IT guy calls ME with questions now. Go figure! He tried to get me to go over to IBBUG a year ago but I never joined. Some here may be members there, I don't know. However, while I pick up something there every once in a while, I just don't get as much info as I get here. Why go anywhere else? Home, Sweet Home! Keep it coming!

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 12-12-2006 at 12:25 PM..
Old 12-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #14
wichita
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105t

My question is, why go to a site that can't seem to stay online more than a week at a time? Namely Pinstack. Its constantly going down for "maint." And you have to wade thru a ton of "hi ima newbie" posts. This is the site for good info.

BBF was even recomended by a tmo csr when I called awhile back. Lol!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #15
bcuzi8paintchips

Model: 7520

SanFran and witchita (aka "mrnoname"), you still bitter you were banned from PinStack? LOL

I wish the people on these two sites would quit acting like CHILDREN and grow up!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #16
wichita
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105t

Now hurry back and tell Hayden what I said like a good little spy you are Jim. And if you all at PS where secure in your position, you wouldn't need to spy on us here now would you?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #17
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
SanFran and witchita (aka "mrnoname"), you still bitter you were banned from PinStack? LOL

I wish the people on these two sites would quit acting like CHILDREN and grow up!
Huh?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #18
bcuzi8paintchips

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichita
Now hurry back and tell Hayden what I said like a good little spy you are Jim. And if you all at PS where secure in your position, you wouldn't need to spy on us here now would you?
I wasn't spying on you John, the link to this thread was sent to me. I actually miss the old days and hope you're doing well.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #19
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichita
Who is this Jim guy? Weird post and what is he talking about, "these two sites, actiing like children, etc.?"
Old 12-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #20
bcuzi8paintchips

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
Who is this Jim guy? Weird post and what is he talking about, "these two sites, actiing like children, etc.?"
You know who I am! You are also fully aware of the petty, sophomoric "bickering" that goes on between BBF and PS.

You too were a valuable member on pinstack.
Closed Thread