ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Argon,

Why are you even here? Seems you hate RIM, blackberries and everything about them. Just doesn't make sense.
Good question, oh wait, I have a BB, that's why. I'm ranting about the cluelessness of the CEO and his seemingly lack of vision when it comes to his product.
And since this is the rants and raves section, it is appropriate.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #22
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

And, of course, because members of the iCult know what's best for everyone else.

Non replaceable batteries
No Flash video

Never ever question the leader.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #23
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
And, of course, because members of the iCult know what's best for everyone else.

No Flash video

i prefer getting milked by standard features years later(or decades) into it, i guess when flash is out of business and open source then maybe apple will "invent it!"

to the die hard apple people, why does apple not give codes to open the device to install what i feel like on it? the os is licended from apple, but i own the device why cant i dumb linux on it? why is the usb protocol top secret for the ipod. ......

pls stay with apple fan boys apple will tell you what you can do / cant do, how and when.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #24
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

p.s i need ketchup for my popcorn!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #25
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

I'm going to rant within the rant:

Has there been anything new or original in any of these threads? I don't think even the first RIM-Is-Failing post I read presented an original thought or offered the least bit of insight. At least I get facts and learn something from the counter arguments. But the google and apple cheerleaders only say, "Just wait" or "You'll see" or "Everyone knows ..."

Geeze get off it. At least until you have something new to say.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #26
redhawkfriends

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Default Careful

Quote:

No Flash video

From his avatar, looks like he's ready to drink the kool-aid

Don't wanna be the one to push the button do ya?

Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #27
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkfriends View Post
From his avatar, looks like he's ready to drink the kool-aid

Hope Rev. Jones did not make the Kool Aid.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #28
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Both devices have their strong points and weak points....

Can someone tell me why we must start stupid discussions like this.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #29
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

The real question is why I keep opening them.

I guess, like I said, at least I do learn something from the counter arguments, so that's some consolation.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #30
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
Both devices have their strong points and weak points....

Can someone tell me why we must start stupid discussions like this.
True, both Apple and RIM have their strong and weak points but the OP was pointing out that RIM, possibly because of their CEO, is regressing in the market while Apple and the Android os are progressing.

I know you hardcore BB peeps don't want to accept it but the stark reality is that RIM and the BB aren't what they used to be in the mobile world. The hardware hasn't kept up nor has the software. Being THE "email" device only gets you so far and they all do email well these days. RIM's claim to fame is now a non-issue and they don't really do anything else all that well.

Ya'll will disagree with and probably make sarcastic remarks about this post and that's ok, it's still true.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #31
SteveO86

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic View Post
True, both Apple and RIM have their strong and weak points but the OP was pointing out that RIM, possibly because of their CEO, is regressing in the market while Apple and the Android os are progressing.
I really do not see how both Andriod and Apple are just sooooooooooo far ahead of RIM.

The iPhone has flaws just as well as the BlackBerry. Whether each phone is better then the other is fully dependent on the users needs plain and simple. If my battery runs out and I can't put a second one there is a problem for me anyway but not for the typically iPhone user. I've filled up a 16 GB SD on my BlackBerry and I will probably buy a 32 GB SD card when they get released or come down in price.. I will not have to buy a whole new device.

Quote:
I know you hardcore BB peeps don't want to accept it but the stark reality is that RIM and the BB aren't what they used to be in the mobile world. The hardware hasn't kept up nor has the software. Being THE "email" device only gets you so far and they all do email well these days. RIM's claim to fame is now a non-issue and they don't really do anything else all that well.

Ya'll will disagree with and probably make sarcastic remarks about this post and that's ok, it's still true.
BlackBerry may not be as "high-end" as the apple or andriod, BlackBerry doesn't really have that "wow" factor anymore, but as an IT Professional I'll be damned if any tells me the iPhone or andiod is a good enterprise smart phone period.

So their a bigger picture then just "wow" look how cool the iPhone/Andriod is. (I've messed with the phone and they are cool.. but the Blackberry suits my needs)

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #32
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Yea Mike Laztarded is clueless if he is going to say that the iPhone is not big and that not touch screen is not that popular . I hate it when CEO's can't admit that other CEO' did a good job and they have a great product . And say that the rim is more for business people and it will never be able to play in the same field as the iPhone because the iPhone is an entertainment social/network media phone it is not a business tool . And yes I am a person who hates the iPhone and I own one because it is starting to look good and do what I need it to do, and apple will never be able to play with rim when it comes down to business professionals and just hardcore users when use there blackberry for serious amount of emails and business work .
Old 04-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #33
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Each device has their followers and their detractors. Not much one can do or say to sway them either.

IMHO, however, I think RIM is amiss in trying t be all things to all people. They had the business and governments all but wrapped up at one point. Then they branched out into "consumerism" and the headaches and problems began. Should have stayed within their niche and continued to dominate.
I'm going to totally agree with this post. RIM should stick to government agencies and companies where the user doesn't have much of a choice. It's when they go up against the competition on the open consumer market that they struggle. If you line up an iPhone, a Droid, a HTC Desire and a BB and give a regular smartphone user a choice they probably ain't gonna choose the BB.

Last edited by gadgetfanatic; 04-17-2010 at 05:43 PM..
Old 04-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #34
SteveO86

Plus you also have to consider how the SmartPhone market has changed in the last 3 years...

Back then email was key, but now you have had the mass adoption of GPS (for directions), as well as the incorporation of "mobile applications" with FaceBook/MySpace/Twitter.. and those other ones I don't use... Like Loopt and so forth.

It's really only recently (last few years) that smart phones have become all the range with consumers.

And let's be honest who even heard of a smart phone before the iPhone?? (Asking normal people on the street of course not the typical users of this website who have been registered since the dawn of time )

Yes we have had Windows Mobile and Palm OS but Smart phones were never accepted by the general public till the buzz of the iPhone was introduced.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #35
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted

I'm going to rant within the rant:

Has there been anything new or original in any of these threads? I don't think even the first RIM-Is-Failing post I read presented an original thought or offered the least bit of insight. At least I get facts and learn something from the counter arguments. But the google and apple cheerleaders only say, "Just wait" or "You'll see" or "Everyone knows ..."

Geeze get off it. At least until you have something new to say.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #36
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted

For what it's worth, it seems the reporting on what was actually said has been updated.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/black...3/xdPywC6zF9c/
Old 04-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #37
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
That's pretty much how this board works. Say that any device is better then the BB or criticize RIM in any way, even in the rants forum and you are called a troll, a fan boy, the antichrist, ect. Even someone who had been on this board for years and has owned numerous BBs like myself.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #38
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Head

Quote:
I guess people don't want Flash video, printing or convenient charging on their iPads. OH NO - DON'T EVEN DREAM OF OBJECTING. IT'S ALL GOOD.
I could not care less about the lack of flash video on my iPad or my iPod. YouTube and Netflix both work just fine on my iPad and those are the only two places where I watch videos. I don't even care about Flash on my MacBook.

Printing? Bah. I'm actually printing a lot less overall now that I can place files on the iPad and have so many documents on such a convenient and useful tablet. I need a hard copy much and much less so yeah, I could care less about printing from my iPad.

As for the convenient charging comment, you need to define "convenient". I have a wall charger, a car charger and a dock that is a charger. I also have this external battery pack that I bet would work, but given that the battery in my iPad lasts more than a day (which is a helluva lot longer than my BB, Droid or any other smartphone I have had lasts) I really haven't needed to try it.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #39
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
to the die hard apple people, why does apple not give codes to open the device to install what i feel like on it?
It's called jailbreaking and it is very easy. There isn't anything out there app wise worth having that makes jailbreaking worthwhile IMHO, but you can still do it if you want to.

Quote:
the os is licended from apple, but i own the device why cant i dumb linux on it?
If you want Linux on a phone get an Android device. Best mobile Linux available.

Quote:
pls stay with apple fan boys apple will tell you what you can do / cant do, how and when.
Sorry, this is just a stupid and totally baseless comment. I CAN do everything that I WANT to do on my iPad and iPod Touch WHEN I want and HOW I want.

Here are some factual ways in which RIM won't let you do what you want to do, how or when. I WANTED a better browser for my BB and RIM said not available. I WANTED better memory management so that my calendar entries wouldn't get deleted. RIM didn't think that was a good idea. I WANTED more memory to install more apps and RIM said nah. I WANTED a bigger, higher resolution screen and RIM said no. I WANTED a higher quality camera and RIM said no. I WANTED better media management and RIM thought not. I WANTED better integration with Gmail and gCal. RIM wouldn't do it.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #40
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsub2006 View Post
It's called jailbreaking and it is very easy. There isn't anything out there app wise worth having that makes jailbreaking worthwhile IMHO, but you can still do it if you want to.

If you want Linux on a phone get an Android device. Best mobile Linux available.

Sorry, this is just a stupid and totally baseless comment. I CAN do everything that I WANT to do on my iPad and iPod Touch WHEN I want and HOW I want.

Here are some factual ways in which RIM won't let you do what you want to do, how or when. I WANTED a better browser for my BB and RIM said not available. I WANTED better memory management so that my calendar entries wouldn't get deleted. RIM didn't think that was a good idea. I WANTED more memory to install more apps and RIM said nah. I WANTED a bigger, higher resolution screen and RIM said no. I WANTED a higher quality camera and RIM said no. I WANTED better media management and RIM thought not. I WANTED better integration with Gmail and gCal. RIM wouldn't do it.

I would also add, I wanted exchange support out of the box so I could get access to my folders, contacts and calendars, RIM laughed and said have you heard of BES?, I'll transfer you to sales and you'll need to update your wireless plan to the more costly enterprise price to make it work.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 04-17-2010 at 07:12 PM..
Closed Thread