Old 07-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #61
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
It is a weak complaint, considering you can get an iphone with 32g. Does the BB even support that much? Also I've owned several BBs and know many other people that do too and none of them ever remove the media card once it's installed, if they even install one at all. So yes, it is a very weak argument.
You really don't get it do you? Some people just set their minds and get tunnel vision.

But you'll find out when you get your iPhone. You don't have control of what's in memory and you cannot remove the memory to manipulate it on your PC.

It's a huge problem, so it's not a weak argument.
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 07-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #62
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: Head
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
<< kidding, right? Troll?
I'm no more a troll than you are.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #63
dualsub2006

Quote:
You really don't get it do you? Some people just set their minds and get tunnel vision.

But you'll find out when you get your iPhone. You don't have control of what's in memory and you cannot remove the memory to manipulate it on your PC.

I absolutely do have control of what is in memory. I am loading PDF and DOC files right now for use tomorrow. Copying them over via USB. I could mess with my music files if I felt like it, but iTunes has that covered.

If you had one actual clue about the iPhone/iPod Touch as opposed to knowledge you gained from reading what others have written you might have a point. In this instance it is rather clear that you don't know what a huge problem even is.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:02 AM   #64
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

Talk to me when you get a clue.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #65
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

actually i would agree with kurichan,

to put files on an iphone vs a sd card is about 100 times more work then anything else,

even to add ring tones to an iphone is a project,

its not simple. and the fact that itunes wont allow raw files copy is also a bummer. since now to sync 2 things you need a itunes, b a 3rd party app to copy a file to an iphone.

or go with option c and jailbreak it (god know what else the jailbreak does past installing cydan(sp) and installer.

way too irritating then simple oh look a 30sec mp3 lets drag it to ringtones, but itunes dont accept ring tones in mp3 so now you have to convert them, then move them, then delete the mp3s out of the library. (pain the ass) tho itunes will do this, its a pain.

as for raw files 3rd party paid/free apps exist, still a pain. its not a storage space, its for "app/itunes" store junk or mp3s. the device is in lack of words annoying to sync to past music/apps/all the stuff thats not in itunes.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #66
Meyefull

Model: 9700
PIN: stack Sucks
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
these threads are pointless, people who ultimately think their product is perfect for them will not listen to any dissenting opinions. It goes both ways - if your happy then good for you, but thats just you.
Thats exatly it, I was reading through this post and thought,hmm,how pointless this is. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. For one to try and CONVINCE someone else that their phone is better is pointless. It just WORKS BETTER for you at this point...So please save time and dont talk about this. Some like the Iphone,some like the BB, why try to say which one is better,its only better for YOU.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #67
Johnny909

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyefull View Post
Thats exatly it, I was reading through this post and thought,hmm,how pointless this is. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. For one to try and CONVINCE someone else that their phone is better is pointless. It just WORKS BETTER for you at this point...So please save time and dont talk about this. Some like the Iphone,some like the BB, why try to say which one is better,its only better for YOU.
So, I guess we're all bozos on this bus, or what.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #68
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Wabbit, I agree with you 100% on ringtones and the iphone. Adding ring tones is far easier on the BB then the iphone. Why the hell don't they just use mp3.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #69
dualsub2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
to put files on an iphone vs a sd card is about 100 times more work then anything else,
iPhone/iPod Touch. Application is open on device. Hit shortcut on desktop and storage pops up via WiFi. No cords, no SD card to plug in to computer.

Select file, drag, drop.

100x harder? Seriously? Bogus and clueless claim.

I use QuickOffice which is a 3rd party app just like Docs to Go on the BB is. Even if you were right and it were 100x harder to get files on and off of the device QuickOffice is a delight to use. Even better on a 3.5" touch screen.

Quote:
even to add ring tones to an iphone is a project,
I don't do ring tones so I really could care less about how hard or not it is. MP4's work for me.

I would comment on the rest of what you wrote but frankly I can't make heads or tails of what you are trying to say.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #70
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

I vote vodka. Too many fanbois.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #71
wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsub2006 View Post
iPhone/iPod Touch. Application is open on device. Hit shortcut on desktop and storage pops up via WiFi. No cords, no SD card to plug in to computer.

Select file, drag, drop.

100x harder? Seriously? Bogus and clueless claim.
you lost me at applications. since i really have no clue what you're talking about

this is what i mean.

i have a file, a .lol file, that i want bring to lets work, and i dont want to burn a cd, dvd, take a flash drive, sd card etc,
there is no simple way to put that file on the phone. when the phone is synced to a desktop, it is read only. its tedious and really too much effort to make it like my other devices where its read/write. yes i do know 3rd pc apps do this, but then again, its a pain.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #72
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

wabbit i know what your saying but there are plenty of apps for what you are talking about. I use air sharing - easily drag and drop files over wifi.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:54 AM   #73
wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
wabbit i know what your saying but there are plenty of apps for what you are talking about. I use air sharing - easily drag and drop files over wifi.
i was just saying its not simple or native to the device.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #74
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
100% true.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #75
dualsub2006

Quote:
You are absolutely wrong. It is horribly simple to transfer files.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #76
wabbit

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsub2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit
You are absolutely wrong. It is horribly simple to transfer files.
The iPhone or itouch do not allow native mass storage mode which is what is the definition of native.

Yes 3rd party apps will do this. Yes 3rd party software will do this.

No. The iPhone or itouch will not not allow it by default.

Last edited by wabbit; 07-25-2009 at 07:13 AM..
Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #77
dualsub2006

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

The iPhone or itouch do not allow native mass storage mode which is what is the definition of native.

Yes 3rd party apps will do this. Yes 3rd party software will do this.

No. The iPhone or itouch will not not allow it by default.
I didn't say that it was native, I said that it is horribly simple. HOW it gets on the device is not at all important to MOST people that aren't looking for some fault to pick on. The fact that the ability IS there with the right application and that it is SIMPLE to use does matter.

It is HORRIBLY simple to get my DOC, XLS and PDF files onto and off of my device. The fact that it isn't native does not make one bit of difference to me at all.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #78
Mattywalnuts
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: Options->Status->Hmm
Carrier: Evil Empire

Apple announced this week that they are working on a tablet. Welcome to 2009.

I do own an Apple computer, so calm down all you iPhone Phanatics.

Wifey: Pre > 8530
Old 08-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #79
PlatMan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 3G S
PIN: ɹʇɐ~`ʇɐɹ
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattywalnuts View Post
.......so calm down all you iPhone Phanatics.
Okay, I'm calm.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #80
Hauser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatMan View Post
I just got the new White 32GB Apple iPhone 3GS and the screen is MUCH more responsive and quick then the 1st Generation iPhones I once had. It seems at this point it may last, or at least last longer then the originals did after they were used awhile. MUCH better than ALL the other touch screen devices out there in the market.
I had the same reaction, as a platform (hardware and software) the iPhone has come incredibly far in a very short time, and by implementing features like copy/paste, MMS, voice dialing, Exchange support, push email (for certain accounts like MobileMe and Gmail) etc., Apple has really invalidated a lot of the iPhone's early criticism.

Apple is clearly working on bringing BES-style functionality to the device starting with individuals (MobileMe) and households/small businesses (OS X Server), it will be interesting to see if they pursue the strategy upwards into the enterprise with a full-on BES competitor. Meanwhile RIM seems content to roll out device after device in every possible form factor while letting their software platform languish; 5.0 is hardly an earthshaking update and is still not here after all this time.

Very frustrating!
Closed Thread