Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

Alright, I've been tinkering around with icons and meters and such for far too long. Can't quite suss the use of transparencies in certain elements (very inconsistent in Plazmic v. on device).

Here's the theme I'm running on my device right now. I have several variations, but they're old and have several elements that need to be updated.

I am still messing with my ideas for different icons, but just haven't had the time to really put the GIMP to work. In true TOOL fashion, the icons I have in mind bear no real relationship to the apps they represent - but they look cool.

For now, this version uses the plain old precision icons and other elements. The only thing I've really tweaked is the transmission indicators (and that was my biggest headache with transparency - what you see here is not what I had originally planned). I also use a very readable font throughout, except in the messages list, where I prefer the use of BB Alpha Sans because it allows boldface for unread messages.

Sadly, this feels to me like a simple "wallpaper" theme, since I'd rather hack about all the icons, etc. The theme developers out there among you know what I mean by that comment.

Enjoy this for now. I plan on updating the other variations soon, and will work on OTA files over at pimpmyberry (like all my other themes).

As a warning, I don't plan on making versions for devices other than 4.5 OS 320x240 (that means 83xx, 87xx, and 88xx only). I simply don't have the time right now to expand the platforms covered. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture12_50_33.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	16507   Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 20090608, 12_47_14.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	16508   Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 20090608, 12_47_34.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	16509   Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 20090608, 12_47_49.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	16510  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tabala_C3.zip (488.9 KB, 64 views)
Old 06-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #22
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

OK so it has been awhile since I have visited this thread. I didn't even know that there was a theme posted. Im going to give it a try once I get back to my personal computer tonight. Thanks for the time you put it in we wei
Old 06-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #23
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

No worries.

I ran this on my 8820 for a few weeks, but now I've gone and put together a Bold look-alike that I'm using instead.

I did hack around with some other files, though, so now I've got the lateralus eye (from the homescreen on this theme) instead of the drab T-Mobile startup splash. I guess that's my limit for incorporating intense artwork into my BB experience.

Cheers - I hope you enjoy it.
Closed Thread