BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
BerryMotion
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default How i got scammed on blackberry Tour, Bold, Curve, iphone!

Please Login to Remove!

JOHN ANDRADE, PHOENIX, AZ "PROFESSIONAL SCAMMER"
480-231-8614

<Since posting this, another person from crackberry has come out and said they were scammed by him as well>

So as some of you had seen, i posted a few items for sale in the for sale section, sold and got good feedback from a CB member. Now i'm out of inventory, out of money after i had buit a website based on some scammers promises...here is how it goes..

i wanted to expand my business and find a good supplier of wholesale Blackberrys, i searched for phones on Craigslist and came across a guy named JOHN ANDRADE of Phoenix, AZ who said he can supply and that his wife has an FCC liscense and he gets the phones cheap.

I met with John Andrade for dinner last weak, he assured me he can supply, i asked to see inventory he explained he doesn't keep inventory and gets the devices dropshipped to him, this is actually not strange in this business. The next day i met him for dinner again and ordered 1 curve 8900, 1 Bold 9000 1 Tour 9630 & 2 iphone 3GS , i gave him a down payment of $775 and the rest i said i would give on delivery, now mind you this guy seemed like a gentleman, he was older, spoke well, ect...He gave me a reciept for my money and i took down his Drivers Liscense number, he said i would have the products within 1 day, i said great.

The next day came around, nothing, i said ok maybe its because its the holiday weekend, he said they will be in Tuesday, Tuesday came around he started ignoring my calls and telling me the products are on the FEDEX truck but said he doesn't have the tracking with him...wendsday came around, again he avoided me, told me he has the products but is busy and can't' give them to me, Thursday came and he started cussing at me telling me i "only care about myself" are you kidding me? this guy is Nuts...anyways he finally sends me a text and tells me " i believe in Karma and just lost $200 today so i will give you your things back" ofcourse after he wont answer his phone or anything!

i called the Phoenix PD, they said he is already wanted but would not tell me why, then i searched JOHN ANDRADE A&A general contracting online *his business card* and found that he has scammed a few people as well...

so long story short BE CAREFUL WHO YOU DO BUSINESS WITH... this guy is a member of this forum but i dont know his user name..if anyone here in Phoenix is doing business with anyone BE VERY CAREFUL..this guy is a snake & a theif, and sooner or later he will go down!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thief.gif
Views:	98
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	17217  
Old 09-13-2009, 05:25 AM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Thanks for the warnings!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Moving to Rants and Raves.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Basically you have a civil case against the person, not criminal. Did you any kind of agreement out of him, or just a verbal contract for the sale?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

tough lesson learned!!!

google is your friend and in a situation like this so are your civil/govt court site as well as 411.com

always research in a situation like this especially if first contact was through a website

always ask for their business license #

hopefully lesson learned

very sorry to hear about your situation
Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
OrangeBDS
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Alis2
Carrier: Verizon

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can recover your losses and make a bounce back. Thanks for the post, hopefully it protects a few others. I hope your future endevours are more profitable.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
BerryMotion
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBDS View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can recover your losses and make a bounce back. Thanks for the post, hopefully it protects a few others. I hope your future endevours are more profitable.

Thanks..that piece of worthless garbage...The nice thing though is that since that failure at life scammed me, God has totally blessed me with some good deals and suppliers which i would have never had, if i that low life was for real!!...i wonder how he is spending MY money, maybe i should claim him on my taxes next year.. John if your reading this, from now on, you can call me "Daddy" since i am supporting you....what a shame, a 42 year old man acting like this, and causing people much younger than him to just wipe the floor with his name...pathetic, no humility, no self respect..tfoo
Old 09-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #8
BerryMotion
Thumbs Must Hurt

scum!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #9
spoolint78

Model: 7290
Carrier: rogers

Thanks for the warning
Old 09-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #10
BerryMotion
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolint78 View Post
Thanks for the warning
No problem!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
SEVEN9
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: E-911
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thank you for the warning. All of us should make it a habit to out these lowlives... Often times the scammer gets away with their act and comes back for some more, because members keep their mouths shut.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #12
Robotron

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryMotion View Post
Thanks..that piece of worthless garbage...The nice thing though is that since that failure at life scammed me, God has totally blessed me with some good deals and suppliers which i would have never had
See, Good Karma goes your way, I'll guess that alot of Bad karma went in the direction of the other guy.
Closed Thread