Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
ChrispyDivine

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Mobile Sites

Please Login to Remove!

Hello I wanted to start a thread becuase I am actually looking for some help. You see I work for a company that produces poly bags, film and tubing for industrial packaging. We have very young and aggressive owners who are very eager to utilize everything that we have at our fingertips. Being that we are dealing with a company that is Nationwide we have a large customer base that is using outside sales to sell packaging. Ok the point

We are looking at making our website more mobile friendly. We have the capability to quote online, track online, price stock online as well as get up to date information on product line and industry standards. I am reaching out to you to get some input from you on what makes a mobile site perfect for you. What could we do to not only make it easier for our customers to use our web from PDA's but for them to use it more frequently and of course quote and view quotes from the device. Any help I could get would be greatly appriciated.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

i would say not only to mobile but to any website, best experience is when its kept KISS.

so my guess would be ad free, to the point, easy of use.

as long as the content i want is loaded and easy to navigate around i don't think this would fail.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
ChrispyDivine

Excellent point and input. Keeping it simple allows the end user to get what they need without all the fluff. I just got out of a meeting where we discussed all the stuff that does not need to be on a mobile site. I will be going into a meeting on the fourth of December and I would like to keep a discussion going, maybe talking about specific sites and what is good and bad about them. I was on a thread with a list of mobile sites that was very helpful. Thanks Wabbit!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
ChrispyDivine

I wonder if anyone has any info on ways to create mobile sites? I am also looking for a website that will allow me to compare all sorts of different phones? Thoughts?
Old 11-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

pdabd.net is good for tech spec not really sure if that what you're looking for.

i'm not a web dev so i cant answer on the first part. html / and scripts are not my thing
Closed Thread