Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
Vince Butler

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Calendar appts missing after reactivation on BES5

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Blackberry Curve which was activated against our BES5 server which is synching with our Exchange 2010 system. I was having a goofy problem where all my contacts were listed twice on the handheld so I wiped the phone and reactivated. After reactivation I saw the expected behavior with message history not transferring back. However, I also discovered that my recurring calendar appts and appts added by meeting requests sent by others did not transfer back (both past and future appts). However, one-off appointments I had created myself *did* transfer back. I don't recall this happening with BES4 but I'm not sure if I've re-activated a phone since the upgrade to BES5 so I don't know if this is normal behavior or a fluke.

The BES5 server was actually a clean install on a new server and the users were imported over from the old server using the migration tool. However my account was not migrated, I created it new after setting up the BES5 server.

Is there a way to force the recurring appointments on my calendar to re-sync?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
SMck

Model: 8310
Carrier: Telstra

HI,

I am having a similar issue with one of my BB Users. We have just migrated the user to a new Domain (2003) with Exchange 2007.

The user was migrated from a different domain (2000/2003) and BES (4.7) The new BES Account was set up as a new User on BES 5.0.1.

The issue is missing calendar items on the BB 8310 (reoccurring items only) The one off items appear to be OK. When one of the reoccurring items was modified, it became visible again on the device.

My thoughts are to categorize all the reoccurring items, them uncategorize them to appear to be modified again.

If I find anything of interest or success, I will share

Cheers
Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
SMck

Model: 8310
Carrier: Telstra

Success...

Changing the categories for all the Outlook Calendar Items and reverting them back has fixed this issue.

Hope this helps out with others with this issue...

Shane
Closed Thread