millardus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default Storm 2 Email integration

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all

Quick question on the Storm 2 and "Email Integration". (I manage a BES 5.0 environment)

I was asked for advice on the Storm 2 from someone that currently has a Bold 9700. After comparing the device, something that stood out was on the "Email Integration" comparison. The Storm 2 works with an MS Exchange Email environment which I expected, but it also doesn't have a "tick" next to the "Integrates with an existing enterprise email account ". The Bold 9700 however does have a tick.

I must admit, i don't know what this means. Anyone have an idea?

The user in question is connected to my BES on his Bold 9700, but has damaged it.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

I don't see why they would be different.

Both running 5.0 on the same BES... There shouldn't be much of a difference at all (besides the lack of buttons of course)
Old 12-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
scassel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW US

That is odd. I have a 9550 running on a BES with absolutely no problems. Synced right up just like all the rest. I would warn him though, once used to the real estate of the screen on a 9550, he will never go back!

Good Luck
Old 12-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
millardus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Yes, I was confused when I read that part of the comparison. Because I am certain it will work on the BES. It is just a touch annoying to see the comparison sheet on Blackberry.co.uk and it "suggests" that this "integration" isn't available.

If it isn't referring to BES connectivity it will create concern amongst users when they read it. They think it wont work on BES and then will come asking me.

I still dont know what the heck it is referring to.

I must say when I tried the first STORM the other day I was extremely unimpressed with the touchscreen, though apparently this new one is significantly better.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
pinhead
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 30EC5097
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scassel View Post
That is odd. I have a 9550 running on a BES with absolutely no problems. Synced right up just like all the rest. I would warn him though, once used to the real estate of the screen on a 9550, he will never go back!

Good Luck
I must agree with that last statement. I am having a hard time putting my Storm 2 down, even though I prefer a real keyboard...and it isn't even my main phone! The 9700 is...
Closed Thread