Old 12-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
woodsj25

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default BIS' intergration with Exchange Server 2007

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone,

I have a question that nobody in our IT department has been able to figure out so far:

We are doing IT for a company that recently switched all of its users from POP3 accounts on its Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange accounts, and now we are having trouble with several employees not being able to receive their emails on their Blackberries.

We have SSL enabled for our OWA, and I have read in other forums, that this is snagging BIS from being able to access the email accounts, is this true?

I have been on the phone with Verizon for hours, till they literally gave up, and had me call Blackberry. Both companies want to blame us that we don't have the ports open, but I can physically show them screen shots showing the ports being open.

I am just trying to get an official answer on if BIS supports users on SSL with Exchange Server 2007? I cannot get this to work at all, and I am not sure what is wrong.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

--Jeff
Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
pinhead
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 30EC5097
Carrier: T-Mobile

You may not be able to get devices to connect to the Exchange accounts without a BES. since connecting directly may not happen without the BES you may want to look into a program like AstraSync. I read a little about them on CrackBerry a few days ago.

However, I would like to see if someone can better help here.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsj25 View Post
I am just trying to get an official answer on if BIS supports users on SSL with Exchange Server 2007? I cannot get this to work at all, and I am not sure what is wrong.
Yes, BIS works with OWA using SSL on Exchange 2007.
Are you using a self-signed certificate for OWA, or did you purchase and install a "real" SSL certificate from VeriSign, Thawte, etc.?

Also, have you seen this KB article?
View Document
Old 12-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
woodsj25

Thanks for a speedy response, and valuable information!

We are using a third party certificate, and on the subject of the article, yes we have Exchange Web Services turned on, and accessible on port 80 and 443... still no luck unfortunately...
Old 12-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
woodsj25

Also, on the topic of BES, Verizon kept pushing us to go with that service, but it is something the head of the company absolutely does not want to go with, as this really doesn't affect many employees.

It just doesn't make sense, because I have gotten this service working on the exact same scenarios with different companies... but there has to be a link missing somewhere...

Last edited by woodsj25; 12-16-2009 at 09:02 AM..
Closed Thread