BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 09:51 AM   #1
johnh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default BWC and Exchange e-mail account doing weird things. . .

Please Login to Remove!

I loop in to my corporate exchange e-mail account via the BWC. It works ok most of the time but I occasionally get sporadic e-mails that were sent to my corporate e-mail account a LONG time ago - like 6+ months ago. It's really strange. Is this a problem with TMO's BWC or with my configuration or what? It drives me nuts!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:09 AM   #2
bb_tech
Thumbs Must Hurt

It happens to a lot of people. Hopefully RIM will be fixing it soon.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 PM   #3
JE$U$
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
Carrier: Rogers

I get the same thing happening (using BWC and Exchange 2000). Sometimes I stop getting emails all together for up to 6 hours (which is a real xxxxx when I'm out of the office expecting messages). Usually they just start flowing again although I've found that if I go into BWC and remove and then re-add my email account it seems to start working again. It's still bloody annoying and nobody at Rogers seems to be able to offer any help....
Old 08-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #4
kirson
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Can you set your exchange account to forward messages to your BWC email address? I know some work accounts don't allow forwarding, so this may not be an option, but if it is, it would also eliminate the lag in email delivery.

Even if it's not immediately possible, it may be something you could talk to your IT group about. Perhaps if they put in the one time rule forwarding to the BWC address, they would be comfortable that it is less of a security risk...
Old 08-24-2004, 03:06 PM   #5
JE$U$
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ya, I just set up some of our 'power-users' to have Exchange forward a copy to the BWC address (user@rogers.blackberry.net) which resovles the lag issue as well as the 'freeze-up' issue. Only problem is that in order to do this you must set up a 'user' in Active Directory that has the BWC address as the email address (i.e. you need 2 active directory user licenses for every person you want this system set up for). Because of that we haven't rolled it out to all users as we don't want to buy more AD licenses (we are just a small company).

Ideally RIM would figure out how to make BWC an acceptable alternative to BES for small businesses and consumers instead of us having to set up makeshift solutions ourselves....
Old 08-24-2004, 03:15 PM   #6
kirson
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE$U$
i.e. you need 2 active directory user licenses for every person you want this system set up for
That is harsh -- is there no way around this issue? Seems like that should only count as one user license...
Old 08-24-2004, 03:20 PM   #7
JE$U$
Thumbs Must Hurt

As far as I know, that's the only way. Exchange won't auto-forward (in the manner that we want to have email delivered 'seamlessly' to BWC) to outside email addresses, so you have to create an 'inside' user with an SMTP email address. If anybody knows another way to do this, I'm all ears....
Old 08-25-2004, 11:20 AM   #8
cold13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default JE$U$...

Is correct. We have to create two accounts for outside email forwards. The second one is created and hidden from the global list so it doesnt show in outlook clients as well.
Closed Thread