Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers
Default BlackberryClub #2 in topic traffic [now #1 in forum traffic]

Please Login to Remove!

The Top 3 trafficked Blackberry Forums (by daily posts)
Daily posts on August 24th and 25th
  1. RIMROAD 'RIM & Blackberry General Discussion' topic
  2. BlackberryClub 'General Discussion' topic
  3. HowardForums 'Research In Motion' topic
That's an amazing achievement, considering this forum has been active for less than 2 weeks. Congratulations! I hope this post is on topic, but since this is about Blackberry forums, this would probably be appropriate here in this General forum.

Newsflash: Measured by a site-wide metric (number of posts made per day in all Blackberry topics totalled), BlackberryClub is now the #1 Blackberry forum on the Internet in posts-per-day traffic!
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 08-25-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed

Thanks for the great stats Mark!
I am impressed it surpassed HowardForums, let alone forums like BlackBerryCentral which is almost a year old.

Its not really my accomplishment, its an accomplishment of the users!
THANKS GUYS! You guys have been nothing but amazing!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #3
Skive
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Congrats your advertising *cough* spamming *cough* has worked. :D

I guess it goes to show that people don't just want to be a sub forum on a larger messageboard and that the blackberry has done so well between no wand when bbcentral launched.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #4
Tom
Admin & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skive
Congrats your advertising *cough* spamming *cough* has worked. :D

I guess it goes to show that people don't just want to be a sub forum on a larger messageboard and that the blackberry has done so well between no wand when bbcentral launched.
I didnt exactly spam, I just posted one thread and that was it.

Its peoples choice to post here, or to completely disregard the forum.

I think the forum has a much better atmosphere then any other Blackberry forum, its easier to look for things and gather information on specific subjects.

I think BB Central had a problem of incorporating too much company into the site. You leave advertisments as a last resort, when you can no longer afford to upkeep the forum by yourself. ;)
Old 08-25-2004, 05:31 PM   #5
Skive
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I definitely think that timing has helped this site though, there are so many poeple that even the minority that visit forums is big enough now to keep a site busy and because the site is busy then you'll get more people joining in, whereas if they see an idle site then they are likely to keep on surfing.

Incidentally, on the subject of increase in blackberry ownership, what place do people see most blackberries except for their own office? For me, its definitely at airports, I can't remember the last time i didn't see at least one blackberry on the flight or in the airport and if you had to guess from that sample you'd think blackberry had 90% or more of the pda market.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:35 PM   #6
Tom
Admin & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skive
I definitely think that timing has helped this site though, there are so many poeple that even the minority that visit forums is big enough now to keep a site busy and because the site is busy then you'll get more people joining in, whereas if they see an idle site then they are likely to keep on surfing.

Incidentally, on the subject of increase in blackberry ownership, what place do people see most blackberries except for their own office? For me, its definitely at airports, I can't remember the last time i didn't see at least one blackberry on the flight or in the airport and if you had to guess from that sample you'd think blackberry had 90% or more of the pda market.
Walking around Downtown Toronto.. You will always see someone typing around on their Blackberry.

I am glad the timing is good
Old 08-25-2004, 06:23 PM   #7
AMCELL J
Thumbs Must Hurt

The usage of the blackberry has increased tremendously specially since you can see it on TV being used by celebrities these days. I see teenagers that come to my store (I work for a wireless carrier) all the time and have it. So its becoming a popular "cool" gadget to use for the young people along with the Sidekick/Hiptop.

So not only for the corporate consumers but also a lot of the younger crowd have the product these days
Old 08-25-2004, 11:53 PM   #8
Tom
Admin & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCELL J
The usage of the blackberry has increased tremendously specially since you can see it on TV being used by celebrities these days. I see teenagers that come to my store (I work for a wireless carrier) all the time and have it. So its becoming a popular "cool" gadget to use for the young people along with the Sidekick/Hiptop.

So not only for the corporate consumers but also a lot of the younger crowd have the product these days
Yea, too bad its not the crowd RIM is targetting, otherwise we would have multicolored flashlights incorporated into our blackberrys.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:25 AM   #9
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess

I *hope* you mean't nothing short of amazing?
Old 08-26-2004, 06:56 AM   #10
Tom
Admin & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess

I *hope* you mean't nothing short of amazing?
:lol:
Old 08-26-2004, 11:03 PM   #11
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold

When measured among a somewhat different metric of total posts in all Blackberry-specific topics forum-wide on a single forum website, BlackberryClub is now the #1 Blackberry forum on the Internet -- BlackberryClub impressive statistics. Over 1000 posts made in less than 2 weeks on this site alone at an average of 90 posts per day to the beginning (Note: higher daily postcount recently!)

If you keep this up, it shouldn't take more than a few more weeks before a single Blackberry-specific topic ('General') on this site exceeds even the RIMROAD forum!

Mind you -- Both HoFo and RIMROAD still is way ahead in total historical Blackberry-related posts, and it will take a very long time to catch up in total posts. However, in less than two weeks (over 1000 posts), you're already over 3% the total historical postcount of RIMROAD (27654 posts), so you might actually catch up with them in less than a year, assuming continued increases in new members and posts-per-day continue to remain ahead of both RIMROAD and HowardForums. Non-posting visitor traffic and number of registered users are obviously lower, so #1 cannot be claimed in these departments but you could stake that claim very soon at least among Blackberry-using membership.

Congratulations!
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 08-27-2004, 12:15 AM   #12
mo-bile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:

It's also dropped in price.

Amazon was just running a rebate program where you could buy a 7230 for $249 with a $150 rebate when you activated with Tmobile.

$99 for a Blackberry is something most can afford (cheaper than a sidekick)!
Old 08-27-2004, 08:40 AM   #13
AMCELL J
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wow really....you should have advertise that earlier before I bought mine...lol

That is a good price so I agree the unit itself has become more accessible for everyone that also increases its popularity

Now going to check the return policy of mine!! hehe!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:12 AM   #14
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmo

[quote="mo-bile"]
Quote:

$99 for a Blackberry is something most can afford (cheaper than a
sidekick)!
Yes, but it's monthly costs are higher, it doesn't do AIM (unless you are on a BES/MDS) and it doesn't have cool polyphonic tones...

I dumped my SK for my current Berry ages ago, and am glad I never went back to it...
Closed Thread