BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #1
goblue1969
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t
Carrier: verizon
Default Woke up this morning and all contacts gone!

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 7100t from T-Mobile and have been on 4.0 for a couple of months. My phone is set up for wireless synch of the address book (...so I don't use Intellisync). Last night, my address book on the 7100t had 1200 contacts in it. This morning, only one contact was in my address book. I didn't touch the phone since last night, haven't installed anything new, and generally haven't touched it over the past few days except to make and receive calls.

1) anybody experience this before? If so, why did it happen?
2) anybody know a quick way to get my 1200 contacts back into my 7100

Many thanks in advance.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:49 AM   #2
kirson
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Are you on BES? I had the same issue with Mailstreet hosted BES -- worked through it with RIM tech support and they needed to install a patch on their server. Seems to have solved the problem. If you ARE on a BES, doing an Enterprise Activation should restore your contacts.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
goblue1969

Yes I am on BES. Enterprise Activation returned an error message.

While troubleshooting, I changed the "Wireless Synchronization" option in Address Book Options from Yes to No. I then changed it back to Yes, hoping that it would kick off some kind of synch. It didn't. Now, when I go back into Address Book Options, I no longer see an option for "Wireless Synchronization". Going from bad to worse.

Any ideas out there?

BTW...I am not alone. Check out this guy who posted today: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=7911

Last edited by goblue1969; 05-06-2005 at 01:37 PM..
Old 05-06-2005, 03:09 PM   #4
jetta

Model: 7100r

Since you are using BES, can you not sync the address book again from BES, it allows one address book to use on the BB, I use Groupwise BES and have frequent contact list syncronized.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:10 PM   #5
Arnie

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

I posted earlier today with the same problem. I am using BES at Mailstreet. This is the third time it has occurred since I switched to wireless syncing 2 or 3 months ago. This time is much worse because when I did a cradle (wired) sync to try and restore the contacts from Outlook, almost all of my contacts were then deleted from Outlook.

Mailstreet engineering support suggested doing a "Recover Deleted Items" from the Outlook Tools menu since they save deleted items for 30 days. I was able to recover 165 contact entries this way, but am still missing over 700.

I am using PocketDay, but I doubt if that is the problem since it also occurred before I started using this package.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Arnie
Old 05-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #6
Arnie

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

I managed to recover my Outlook contacts from my laptop. So, I think things are working again at my end.

Still doesn't explain the BB Contact deletion problem though. Obviously there is still a problem.

Arnie
Old 05-07-2005, 05:54 AM   #7
Knocka
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

I had this same issue with Mailstreet a few weeks ago, but I thought they installed a patch to the BES Server which resolved it (as someone said above). I knwo that for me, all I had to do was change the Option for Wireless Synch to No, then back to Yes, and all my contacts reappeared. You could also simply reactivate. Call Mailstreet and they will reset your account. Also, Mailstreet Tech support is very good.

Knocka
Old 05-16-2005, 05:09 PM   #8
goblue1969

Update:

After many phone calls to T-Mobile and RIM, the only solution that worked was to use javaloader to wipe my 7100t and reload from scratch. Very painful, but at least I had my address book back and wireless synch was enabled.

All was well until this morning. For some reason, all of my contacts disappeared again. I spent about 30 minutes trying to troubleshoot before succumbing to the painful wipe process. After using javaloader to wipe the 7100t, reloading the 4.0 OS, and going through a loooong enterprise activation, I went into my address book and.......nothing. No contacts at all. I went into address book options and the option entitled "Wireless Synchronization" was missing.

Back on the phone with T-Mobile. One of their PDA Group "experts" asked me to delete all of the service books that begin with Desktop (there are 6). I did so and then reregisterd via Host Routing Table. Once all of the service books were downloaded to my 7100, I rechecked the address book options. Eureka!! The Wireless Synchronization option was back. Dammit!!! Still no contacts in my address book....and no synching taking place. I figured that some patience was in order, so I took care of a couple of emails. I went back into the address book and still no contacts. On a whim, I looked in address book options and, you guessed it, the Wireless Synch option mysteriously disappeared. I contacted my BES admin and he assured me that my profile was set up for wireless synch of address book, calendar, etc.

I am completely at a loss. Any ideas? Any guesses why the wireless synch option is gone from my Address Book Options?

BTW...I tried Knocka's suggestion of setting Wireless Synch from Yes to No to Yes (before Wireless Synch completely disappeared) and it did not work for me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #9
rpfeffer
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint BES

Have a user going through this today as well. Exchange 5.5 and BES 4.0.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #10
ehelp

Model: 7250
Default missing Wireless Sync option under Address Book

Hi,

i also have a client who is now missing the wireless sync option under Address book. Bberry 7250 with 4.0 software. I can't figure out how to get the option back.

Any help would be appreciated.
Closed Thread