BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
pluedke

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Question Chinese Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

I have a user who bought a dual SIM blackberry in China. When we pull the SIM from his Blackberry Curve and put it in Chinese phone, everything works as expected and he has the dual language feature. Can I configure his email to work on this phone? We are using Lotus Notes and a BES server. The nearest thing I can tell is to forward his Lotus Notes mail to a private email address and configure his Chinese phone to that email address. It doesn't look like I can connect it to a BES? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

If it is Chinese, it most likely is an imitation (and a poor one at that) and not the real thing. If so, BB related services such as BIS/BES and PIN related services, etc. will not work. If you cannot connect to BES, you can't connect to BIS either.

These are starting to show up more and more as they are very cheap as compared to a real BB.

Your user probably has a very nice phone and that is about all.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
pluedke

Model: 8900
Default Thank you

Thank you for your answer and for confirming what I had pretty much thought. I appreciate the input.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

This is also the wrong section.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
hardley12
No longer Registered.

Model: hardl
Carrier: hardley12

Chinese black market for the BlackBerry maker has a few extra pieces. The chinese blackberry are as good as real back berry company .OS support for Chinese characters in Hong Kong there that was released with a version. It was posted on the site at some point .Bet you any money the first time in a factory because it is no health and safety rules have been created from parts of the structure will be charged to fire the Burstes
Old 07-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Wow.
Unbelievable.
"as good as real back berry company"

Gotta run out for this one. GARBAGE.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Googling his username and looking at the IP address... I call spammer. Oh, and the profile... carrier the same as username.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:05 AM   #8
chengshuyan88
No longer Registered.

Model: 7100T
Carrier: 载波
Default blackberry

I have a user who bought a dual SIM blackberry in China. When we pull the SIM from his Blackberry Curve and put it in Chinese phone, everything works as expected and he has the dual language feature. Can I configure his email to work on this phone? We are using Lotus Notes and a BES server. The nearest thing I can tell is to forward his Lotus Notes mail to a private email address and configure his Chinese phone to that email address. It doesn't look like I can connect it to a BES? Is this correct?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #9
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengshuyan88 View Post
There's no such thing as a dual SIM BlackBerry.
That user doesn't have a BlackBerry at all. They have a fake. An imitation. A knockoff. Whatever you want to call it, but it's not a BlackBerry.

So... no, you can't activate it on a BES, or use any BlackBerry Data functions on it at all.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #10
TheRinger
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 4
PIN: Whats a pin? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluedke View Post

Thanks in advance for any help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengshuyan88 View Post
Anyone else notice they are word for word exactly, except the thanks in advance?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

This thread attracts spammers like like cr@p attracts flies. I think the OP was a legit user but chengshuyan88 is a spammer. There are more deleted posts in this thead than legit posts.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:37 AM   #12
andyxie

Model: 7100T
Carrier: blackberry

who are chinese?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #13
SC Tiger

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verison

There is an area in Shanghai (and likely other cities) called the "Copy Market." This area has knock-offs of pretty much anything you can think of, from clothes to golf clubs to electronics. These items are often branded as the genuine article or very close. I personally saw an Ipod that you cannot tell from the genuine item. I've been told to steer clear of the electronics especially as internally they are different and typically not very good.

If I had to guess hardley12 and chengshuyan88 are both Chinese.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 07-21-2010 at 10:07 AM..
Old 07-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #14
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
There is an area in Shanghai (and likely other cities) called the "Copy Market." This area has knock-offs of pretty much anything you can think of, from clothes to golf clubs to electronics. These items are often branded as the genuine article or very close. I personally saw an Ipod that you cannot tell from the genuine item. I've been told to steer clear of the electronics especially as internally they are different and typically not very good.

If I had to guess hardley12 and chengshuyan88 are both Chinese.
"Verison"? Really?

Anyway, it's for reasons like these that I like Japan's laws against the importation of counterfeit goods.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #15
poiuytrez

Model: 9500
Carrier: Orange

Lol, Chinese blackberries are so fun to look at.