BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 01-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
raduci
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: E70
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Disable Blackberry security on Nokia E90 - working solution !

Please Login to Remove!

Dear all,
Probably there are some other people like me which are annoyed by the password lock imposed by the corporate policy. On non BB phones this password is difficult to enter especially if there are some complexity requirements.
With this in mind I've searched the net for a solution, and since nothing came up I had to use my brain . So this is the solution that I have discovered:

Download and install Jbak task manager from here Jbak TaskMan . This is a replacement for the built in task manager, with more complex possibilities, including the ability to show and stop the system processes. I would highly recommend a small donation for the author which made the below steps possible.

After installation, long press the "Menu" key, this will open Jbak which has replaced the usual S60 taskmanager.
Press the left key "Menu"->Tools->Processes
Now, in the list that will be displayed, find "Autolock". Highlight it and press the left "Menu" key then go to "Program Rules". In the window that will open mark the position "Kill after send to back" and press left key "Ok"
Now with the "Autolock" process still highlighted press again left key "Menu" and choose "Terminate"
And this is it !
The annoying corporate lock will never show until you reboot the phone. After rebooting yo still need to enter the code one time to start the phone, but after start-up just find in Jbak the "Autolock" process terminate it and it will never show up until next reboot.
The method works on my Nokia E90 with latest firmware, unhacked, and in my opinion should work on all Nokia Symbian 9x phones.
I cannot be blamed for your summary dismissal if you use this . And I apologize to the sysadmins that might be disturbed by my post.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
zimstyles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: You tell me :-)
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have lost 2 blackberries. One was my fault and the other was stolen from me. That said, there is nothing like the peace of mind of knowing that the sucker that took my phone can not get access to my files, emails and contacts. Use this at your own risk...part of the reason I have a BBerry is the security aspect, there is probably a reason you have complex passwords.

Thats just my two cents...
Old 01-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
WMedley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I hope you don't like your job to much. As an admin, I may not agree with some of the security policies that are put into place, but know that they are there for a reason. Good luck with the Job hunt...