BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Bluffheights90814
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default No Backlight Keyboard and Trackball !

Please Login to Remove!

For some reason, I cannot get the keys and trackball to be backlight. I have tried all of my settings and so far and cannot see any changes in my defaul settings.

Under Screen/Keyboard Options the settings are:

Brightness 100
Timeout 30 sec
Auto dim on
LED Off

I did a wipe of the phone but it did not remedy the problem.

I restored from a back-up from my Pearl which has "bling ball" on it and was wondering if any aspects of this were installed when put the files onto my Curve?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by Bluffheights90814; 01-25-2009 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: Not finished writing link
Old 01-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
cwosigns
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9300
Carrier: AT&T

I believe it only lights up in dimly-lit situations.
Columbus, Ohio
Old 01-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Bluffheights90814
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've tried taking the phone into a completely darken room and still no backlight. It is a minor inconvenience. Maybe it's FATE telling me to get the new 8900!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Try removing the battery to reboot.

It should come on when there is low light. If it doesn't then something is up with it. Do you have any other 3rd party applications?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
Bluffheights90814
Thumbs Must Hurt

I already did a battery pull, but now success. I wiped the phone, removing all of the 3rd party applications and still no success. This has really stumped me!

The only 3rd party applications I have are Opera mini 4.2 and beyond 411.

The backlight feature worked before I restored data backed-up from my Pearl which had blingball installed. Is there any chance that the blingball application, or parts of it, got installed when I restored backed-up from my Pearl?

Other than the backlight feature, the phone works great! But when I upgrade to the 8900, and sell the Curve, I would like the backlight feature to work.

T-Mobile has not been able to help me and I really don't want to do a complete wipe using JL-Cmder as I have heard that this program can sometimes brick phones if not used correctly.

Been thinking of taking it to my local T-Mobile office and see if they have any ideas how to completely wipe the phone (I used the Curve's wipe feature, but that didn't solve the situation).
Old 01-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
biggem001
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffheights90814 View Post
I already did a battery pull, but now success. I wiped the phone, removing all of the 3rd party applications and still no success. This has really stumped me!

The only 3rd party applications I have are Opera mini 4.2 and beyond 411.

The backlight feature worked before I restored data backed-up from my Pearl which had blingball installed. Is there any chance that the blingball application, or parts of it, got installed when I restored backed-up from my Pearl?

Other than the backlight feature, the phone works great! But when I upgrade to the 8900, and sell the Curve, I would like the backlight feature to work.

T-Mobile has not been able to help me and I really don't want to do a complete wipe using JL-Cmder as I have heard that this program can sometimes brick phones if not used correctly.

Been thinking of taking it to my local T-Mobile office and see if they have any ideas how to completely wipe the phone (I used the Curve's wipe feature, but that didn't solve the situation).

same thing happened to me on my 8300, i called ATT and they sent me a replacement.

during that 1-2day leeway period, i found out that if u put pressure on the back cover it worked? w/e tho, cause i got a new one haha (this was like a year ago ish)
Closed Thread