BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
toddtrues

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default Problems sending email with new 8700 (BES)

Please Login to Remove!

I received my new Blackberry 8700c last night from Cingular. I am upgrading from the 7100. I migrated the SIM card without any problems. The phone part works great. I then started configuring it to connect to our BES server. I got everything working (receiving emails, address lookup, and Calendar Sync) except being able to send mails from my 8700c. I get a mail router error return message everytime I try to respond to an email through our BES. We are using Lotus Notes 6.5. I am able to send messages using the Web Client without any issues.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
MrH
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddtrues
I received my new Blackberry 8700c last night from Cingular. I am upgrading from the 7100. I migrated the SIM card without any problems. The phone part works great. I then started configuring it to connect to our BES server. I got everything working (receiving emails, address lookup, and Calendar Sync) except being able to send mails from my 8700c. I get a mail router error return message everytime I try to respond to an email through our BES. We are using Lotus Notes 6.5. I am able to send messages using the Web Client without any issues.

Try having your BES admin resend your service books. Just a thought...
Old 12-08-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
ctfunderburk

Model: 8700

Quote:

Did you ever resolve your issue? Seems that I'm having the exact same problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #4
toddtrues

Default still a problem

I am still having the same problem. I have had my BES Admin completely remove me from the BES server and re-add me.

I have also tried:
Reinstalling the Handheld software from scratch

Here is what happens when I send email through the BES:

[email address]0xLF2827zTesting0xL1A4z0xLF24z
Old 12-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #5
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Try the BES admin forum

Quote:
I am still having the same problem. I have had my BES Admin completely remove me from the BES server and re-add me.

I have also tried:
Reinstalling the Handheld software from scratch

Old 01-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
sccuser

Model: 8700c
Default Same problem here

I cannot send email at all, manual entries or replies are all failing. Here is what I get:

Failure reason: No route found to server "lots of strange characters and random numbers" from server "our BES server". Check server and connection documents in name and address book.

We are also noticing a "nUS" and other LDAP information added to manual or replied emails.

Users with older blackberries do not have this problem...Thanks.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:14 AM   #7
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

You have all tried a new enterprise activation I take it?

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 01-25-2006, 02:09 AM   #8
sccuser

Hi Steve,

I tried to add the users email name and password under options > advanced options > enterprise activation but it just sat there saying its activating and still does not work. Ive already installed and synced and am receiving emails. It also has its generated device ID in the enterprise activation area. I guess the question is, which user email and password should I be using? Lotus Notes has a regular client based password along with an internet password used for web access. Web access is used with a simple "first space last" along with the internet password...it seems to just need an account with permission to lookup the lotus notes address directory. I dont have access to the BES server, is there anything I can have our server person look at? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:17 PM   #9
PacketRat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AC9B18
Carrier: T-Mobile

The above tells me that your desktop client is trying to send the mail instead of your BES. Sounds like you could have two problems here. 1) Set your desktop client to use corporate mail system. 2) security wipe then rerun the enterprise activation. We see this happening more and more with the newer handheld code.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:04 AM   #10
ctfunderburk

I had posted earlier a few weeks back with the same issue. We were using BES 2.2 for lotus notes. The fix was to patch the 2.2 server with the latest service pack from Blackberry (at that time it was 6a), but 7 has been released recently. I believe it was an encryption issue with the new software. The fix is listed in the release notes. Hope this helps.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccuser
I cannot send email at all, manual entries or replies are all failing. Here is what I get:

Failure reason: No route found to server "lots of strange characters and random numbers" from server "our BES server". Check server and connection documents in name and address book.

We are also noticing a "nUS" and other LDAP information added to manual or replied emails.

Users with older blackberries do not have this problem...Thanks.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #11
BlackerBerry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Unhappy

So, I've run into what seems a BES/ISP related problem here at work. Here are the facts:

8700c activated on Cingular
Firm runs BES and their ISP is T-Mobile
Firm generally deploys T-Mobile 7230s (with the exception of mine and few others)

The 8700c was activated yesterday and set-up today on BES by the IT guys. It received a few corporate emails in a matter of 2 or 3 hours and then did not receive any afterwards. I tried sending corporate emails from the unit and they were not received by my colleagues (here). So, from an enterprise standpoint my 7800 was ineffective after the first couple hours of usage.

Are there any preliminary thoughts on why this may be? Could there be some T-mobile/Cingular conflict. Honestly, I'm just thinking out loud while IT troubleshoots the problem. Any help or insights would be gravy.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:15 PM   #12
sccuser

Default BES Server 2.2 for Domino SP7 Pulled

seems like they pulled BES 2.2 Domino SP7 from their site??
Old 03-24-2006, 07:49 PM   #13
tpetrun

Model: 8700C
Default Same problem

Recently changed from a 7290 (bulletproof unit, by the way) to an 8700C. So far, have not been able to get the outbound e-mail working. I am told by our e-mail administrator that it's a compatability issue with the handheld 4.1 software and the Domino version we're running. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:52 PM   #14
toddtrues

I think that you need to upgrade your BES to 4.x. That's what they had to do to fix my problem. Every since they upgraded our BES, I am golden. You will love the 8700c once you get that resolved.
Closed Thread