BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #81
kusellout69
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Operating Systems are not carrier dependent, but device dependent. So, this OS works for any 8330, but not an 8300, 8320, etc. The only thing the carriers do is decide which one they distribute.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #82
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A

I wanted to post a follow up to the issues I have been posting about. Mainly dumped Facebook and BBM messages. I was blaming the OS so I rolled back to .119. I was still experiencing the issues in .119 but not as often but saw another poster that also experienced initial problems (different than mine) and decided to reinstall .131.

So I figured what the heck and did the same. I immediately had the frequent dumped messages issue. So I reregistered and resent service books. Didn't fix the problem. I was just about to roll back AGAIN, and really dreading it, when I decided to try DELETING and resending service books.

Voila. Issues resolved. I wish I had tried deleting the service books the first time.

So if anyone is having issues, before you roll back, try deleting those service books and resending.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #83
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ney for your thoughts
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I wanted to post a follow up to the issues I have been posting about. Mainly dumped Facebook and BBM messages. I was blaming the OS so I rolled back to .119. I was still experiencing the issues in .119 but not as often but saw another poster that also experienced initial problems (different than mine) and decided to reinstall .131.

So I figured what the heck and did the same. I immediately had the frequent dumped messages issue. So I reregistered and resent service books. Didn't fix the problem. I was just about to roll back AGAIN, and really dreading it, when I decided to try DELETING and resending service books.

Voila. Issues resolved. I wish I had tried deleting the service books the first time.

So if anyone is having issues, before you roll back, try deleting those service books and resending.
Nice tip. I wish it would fix the flaky GPS signal issues, and then I could keep .131. Since I had done a full wipe that would in effect be the same as deleting and resending service books, correct?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #84
awdwhip
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550

Gonna give .131 a shot when I get home tomorrow and I'll report back. I dont frequent the forums too much cuz I dont want to get too addicted and usaully every time I do decided to check em' out its like a christmas present because there's always a new beta to play with Im still on .89 so I have some catching up to do and hopefully all will go well. I'll be sure to delete my service books and resend them.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #85
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
Nice tip. I wish it would fix the flaky GPS signal issues, and then I could keep .131. Since I had done a full wipe that would in effect be the same as deleting and resending service books, correct?
I did a complete wipe and experienced the issues. Theoretically you would think a full wipe would be enough. But in my case it was not. I still think you should try deleting the service books. It completely fixed my issues.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #86
Tempest_Prime

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
Definite lag issues for me as well, and I too am on VZW. The sleep to wake lag is really long, even using the spacebar trick. The other lag issues are definitely there for me too. The speaker blast is less of an issue for me now because I would rather have that 1 second blast every so often as opposed to the lag every time I use the BB. So it looks like this may be the first time I downgrade from a latest release.
I'm also getting the horrible lag issues on my VZW phone. Very annoying
Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #87
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I did a complete wipe and experienced the issues. Theoretically you would think a full wipe would be enough. But in my case it was not. I still think you should try deleting the service books. It completely fixed my issues.
I may upgrade again then and try your suggestion. I'd love to be able to enjoy the upgraded features of 131, but not at the expense of reliable GPS.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #88
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
I may upgrade again then and try your suggestion. I'd love to be able to enjoy the upgraded features of 131, but not at the expense of reliable GPS.
I just got a satellite lock from inside my house.

Give it another try...I'm glad I did!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #89
Firewalker138

Quote:
This may be a dumb question, but which service books are you deleting? And if you're referring to all of them, how do you get them all sent back to your device?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #90
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker138 View Post
This may be a dumb question, but which service books are you deleting? And if you're referring to all of them, how do you get them all sent back to your device?
I deleted ones that sounded like they were for messaging. I didn't delete them all. But I think you could if you wanted to. Basically you delete, then resend. That resends all of them back to you. I think I must have had a bad one in there and the act of deleting then resending allowed a good one to replace the bad one.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #91
site.solutions

Default Does this upgrade the Blackberry browser?

Specifically, the Curve 8900 has a browser config option as to which type of CSS files to use. The 8330, earlier OS, does not. You can turn on CSS but it just interprets the "screen" style sheets from websites, which, in the vernacular, sucks donkeys.

Anyone care to go into their browser options and look?
Just do this:
1. Open Browser
2. Menu Key ---> Options
3. Choose Browser Config
4. Check the "Support Style Sheets" checkbox
5. Look and Verify this for me:
Is the very next option "Style Sheets Media Type"
or
is it "Show Images"
??

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #92
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by site.solutions View Post
Specifically, the Curve 8900 has a browser config option as to which type of CSS files to use. The 8330, earlier OS, does not. You can turn on CSS but it just interprets the "screen" style sheets from websites, which, in the vernacular, sucks donkeys.

Anyone care to go into their browser options and look?
Just do this:
1. Open Browser
2. Menu Key ---> Options
3. Choose Browser Config
4. Check the "Support Style Sheets" checkbox
5. Look and Verify this for me:
Is the very next option "Style Sheets Media Type"
or
is it "Show Images"
??

Thanks!
Mine is "Show Images" (Curve 8330 4.5.0.131).
Old 03-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #93
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I just got a satellite lock from inside my house.

Give it another try...I'm glad I did!
All right, I'm going to give .131 one more try, this time deleting the pertinent service books as you suggest. Cross your fingers for me, because I'd really like to use the latest and greatest!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #94
site.solutions

Quote:
Mine is "Show Images" (Curve 8330 4.5.0.131).
Thanks for checking. They probably won't upgrade this anyway.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #95
Reitman1

Quote:

French,

Did this alleviate the lag problems for you as well? I deleted all service books on my phone, had them resent, and the only change I noticed was that I was now able to see the option to display my emails in HTML (although I didn't really look for anything else.) Other than that, I'm still experiencing some laggy scrolling and slowness coming out of sleep.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #96
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

French:

What service books did you delete specifically, if you can recall? I deleted all that had anything to do with transmit and receive, resent service books but still get the dropping of GPS signal. On 4.3 I never, ever dropped my satellite signal once acquired. I'm probably going to have to go back to 4.3, yet find that irritating since I lose Docs To Go, MMS, etc. Arghhh!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #97
Tempest_Prime

Update on my VZW 8330 with this software... I wiped my phone with JL_CMDER and then ran the loader... It took a long time to install, but my phone is working without lag. Been slowly putting my apps and stuff back in, but so far so good.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #98
Joe1004
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
PIN: t of ale anyone?
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest_Prime View Post
Update on my VZW 8330 with this software... I wiped my phone with JL_CMDER and then ran the loader... It took a long time to install, but my phone is working without lag. Been slowly putting my apps and stuff back in, but so far so good.
I went all the way back to .77 a couple weeks ago so that I could troubleshoot my GPS issues. They are now resolved (9-1-1) and turned out to NOT be device related, or so it seems. (VZW swapped out my device and the problem was still there) I have been on .77 since and really have no issues other than the speakerphone blast. I would have to say that about the only thing I found better in the other versions (beta then released with other carriers) was memory use and speakerphone blast.

So, I am being VERY patient and waiting to see what version seems best to try. I am interested in hearing what the impressions are with .131 on VZW. I am thinking of putting the .127 from Alltel on. I had good luck with that before all this started.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #99
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

You guys that have upgraded to .131, make sure you test out your GPS thoroughly if you care to use it. I have attempted install of .131 3 separate times, 2 of those doing a full wipe of my device first. I've notified Sprint and their BlackBerry support person indicated that they have received reports of flaky GPS signals from others as well when updated to 4.5.0.131. If you have issues with GPS, please call in to Sprint support so it can be logged to RIM.

Sadly, backing down to 4.3 again.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #100
keisur

When I upgraded my GPS worked with BBmaps but it only showed terrain and would track fine but the streets were all gone. I reinstalled and that didn't fix it. so I went back to the last version and won't try another upgrade until the next version. I also noticed lag after button presses, maybe a 1 or 2 second delay before it would respond to the button being pressed.

My only complaint is Verizons crap with locking features out. After my term I'm switching providers as it reminds me of being naked with 10 naked hot chicks and one ugly chick laying down in front of me, but only having the option to ravish the ugly chick.
Closed Thread