Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Buckwheat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default New to Blackberry experience

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, so i found this site and decided to ask a question that I figured would be best answered here because I dont know alot of Blackberry owners.I have never owned one and was wondering if given that fact the Storm might actually be a good choice for my first or something like the Bold might be better. I will be starting a buisness soon and I am with Verizon currently. From what ive read here some miss the wifi on the Storm because of the lack of signal in some places and the abundance of wifi in others. I will probably be emailing ,using it to send and recieve pics and general entertainmant on the road. Any input you can give would be great as I think that this is a great resource. Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
phillyphreak

Model: 9530
PIN: 3050FB0D

Wirelessly posted (9530)

I use my storm for personal email and entertainment and so far its been pretty nice. If I was using a bb for my biz I would probably choose something with wifi and a true keyboard.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Thom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

I have had several BB's now and made the switch to the Storm. I love it. You will get mixed responses from people here about the Storm. Some will tell you to get it and some will tell you "run away fast". Anyway your question is similar to one that has been here for a couple of days. The link is below. Read it from top to bottom to get a feel for what you think would be best for you.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ggestions.html
Old 01-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Storm personally is nice for business but also for entertainment usage. But for it being ur first Blackberry device, I would start off with the Bold. But if you like challenges, figuring out things, than Storm is the best for you...keep it..!

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
kcpaynev1

this phone would be perfect for you. and wifi is not that important the 3G is pretty fast.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
Buckwheat

Model: storm
PIN: N/A

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I did go to the local verizon store to check out the storm and get an Idea of what it was like. The salesperson showed me some of the features(I mean tried too)apearantly from so many people playing with the display everything went really slow and from what she said, alot of the default settings were changed. I dont know enough about them to tell what was changed. I did like alot of the feel of the storm.When she could get the keyboard to come up I found it pretty to type with even with the size of my fingers which are pretty large.Moving it around getting it to go to portrait mode seemed to go fast. I thought that it would take a while getting used to the highlite then tap or push down to get things to move. The screen resolution was great and the camera was pretty good. I did notice what others had said here that once clicked it does take a few seconds for the image to show but it did take the picuture that you clicked on. I like the size and feel of the storm.So overall I liked it and I did get a chance to try a curve to compare the feel and some of the features which I also liked but found it a little dificult to type with my finger size,maybe with a little more time on either it wouldnt be an issue with either. I am going to find a place to try a bold to see how they feel for a comparison. The only issue there is that I am on verizon and I think it is a pretty good network that I have been happy with so if I liked tha bold I may have to switch or get a plan with ATT
Closed Thread