BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
joshtpa

Model: NA
Carrier: AT&T
Default Release Me From IPhone Troubles Rant!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Let me start with this. I am a long time Blackberry user. Going way back to before the "large blueberry" that I had 5 years ago. I then went to a company that supplied me with a Moto Q. I really liked the Q. I liked the Windows options (even though I am a Mac User), and of course I loved the form factor. I had that phone for 2 years and loved it. Decided that since I am a Mac User, I had to drink Steve Jobs' Kool Aid and got the IPhone the day after it came out. I really do love this phone. The ease of use, the features, the UI, the form factor, etc...But it has limitations that I just cannot get passed. No cut and paste, no MMS, charging for ringtones, doesnt sync well with anything (including my Macbook), no bluetooth for anything other than earpiece, etc...
So of course now I am sitting here at my desk in a new company, and low and behold, they use Exchange Server. FORGET IT. So now I am blessed with the fact that as any Crackberry user knows, once you get your emails outside of work, not getting them is a MAJOR PROBLEM. So what is a guy to do?
Since I have left the BB world, tons of things have changed. THey now have cameras (i love that). THey now have a great form factor (even more important). But I still cannot figure out why they have yet to have a phone that has the big 3 (GPS, WIFI, Camera). Quite a few have 2 out of 3, but none as of yet have all 3 that I have seen.
GPS is not a necessity to me, since I have that in my car now, so that leaves me with the Pearl or Curve. However I am on AT&T (and am staying there), and they do not have either one of the new versions out yet. Curve coming 10/4 as BGR has stated. I know we do not have a release date for Pearl 2, but I am guessing shortly after that.
So the whole point of this RANT, is well, I guess I dont have a point. I think the lesson is, once you go Crack (berry that is), you never go back.
Thanks for listening to my rant. Oh, and if anyone needs an IPhone, I have one obviously.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Moved to Rants & Raves
Old 09-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #3
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Hahahaha... Nice rant... Many stray away from the BB for the glitz and glitter of other devices, but later come back later for the functionality, stability, ect of the BB.... Welcome back *soon*

Kris
Old 09-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
joshtpa

Well, I am coming back, I just cant figure out which device.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Buy the TMo 8320, unlock it and use Bluetooth GPS, if needed. If 10/4 turns out to be true then it won't be long anyway for AT&T.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon

It really is not the device but the carrier. Most carriers carry similiar devices to each other. Differences are radio type, features that are modified per carrier, carrier network coverage, actual cost of service that you need, and what you believe of the advertisements.

I have found that Verizon is the least worst option for my needs and from that I picked the phone closest to what I was looking for. You may find at&t or one of the others to be a better fit. Do not let the advertised cost fool you, check on cost of SMS or other features that you use. Sometimes the more expensive option ain't. Also there are programs to get you to sign up. I paid $ 99 for a 8830 from Verizon as I started a data plan. Do your research, make your choise and then live with it for 2 years.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
joshtpa

That is why I switched to AT&T from VZW. They offer the best service where I live. Atleast in my home. I love the 8830, but it does not have a camera which I am so used to, I have to have now. So I guess it is the Curve on 10/4 for me, or the Pearl 2 whenever it comes out.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #8
csurfr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

I just want to say one thing re: Sync. . . If you think the iPhone doesn't "sync well with anything including your MacBook", then you have issues. Have you ever used PocketMac for the Blackberry? What about Missing Sync? Those 2 programs are horrid. Don't get me wrong, I'm moving back to the BB from my iPhone too, but not for any of the reasons you listed. I just want an unlimited international data plan.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #9
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

yeah, no sync issues at all here. everything as advertised.