BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
scotcurtis

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t MOBILE
Unhappy Unlocking-(Blackberry messenger ONLY)

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I have already posted a similar thread.But wasn't clear enough.
I have a new 9700 Bold. The person who sold the phone to me specifically said that the ''BLACKBERRY MESSENGER SERVICE IS NOT UNLOCKED AND CANNOT BE UNLOCKED''..Sorry for the caps..I have tried using different service porviders and it all works. N i have also checked the settings>applications>advanced>etc>MEPD and found it is all disabled. N I have not yet subsribed for any services from the service provider. Unfortunately I have lost his contact number and so stuck in the middle of nowhere. So my question is- Will I be able to use the service applications from the service providers? Or did he mean only the BB messenger service? I have heard that BB messenger service and the other application services from the service provider like the facebook,orkut,gmail are different.Is there a way to know if the locked one is only the BB messenger or the later? N if all the applications from the service provider is locked is there a hack or some kind of tweak to unlock the same.

P.S- If at all there is a procedure of merging the threads in this forum please keep my thread title the same as it would help me find the thread easily as I am new to this forum. This is done in the MICROSOFT forums. Just wanted to be on the safer end and not mess up in searching the thread.

Regards,
sc
Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

All the answers to your questions were in the other thread.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...bb-9700-a.html

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
scotcurtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDraven View Post
Hi all,

I have already posted a similar thread.But wasn't clear enough.
I have a new 9700 Bold. The person who sold the phone to me specifically said that the ''BLACKBERRY MESSENGER SERVICE IS NOT UNLOCKED AND CANNOT BE UNLOCKED''..Sorry for the caps..I have tried using different service porviders and it all works. N i have also checked the settings>applications>advanced>etc>MEPD and found it is all disabled. N I have not yet subsribed for any services from the service provider. Unfortunately I have lost his contact number and so stuck in the middle of nowhere. So my question is- Will I be able to use the service applications from the service providers? Or did he mean only the BB messenger service? I have heard that BB messenger service and the other application services from the service provider like the facebook,orkut,gmail are different.Is there a way to know if the locked one is only the BB messenger or the later? N if all the applications from the service provider is locked is there a hack or some kind of tweak to unlock the same.

P.S- If at all there is a procedure of merging the threads in this forum please keep my thread title the same as it would help me find the thread easily as I am new to this forum. This is done in the MICROSOFT forums. Just wanted to be on the safer end and not mess up in searching the thread.

Regards,
sc
Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
scotcurtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDraven View Post
i am sorry for the repeated posting..I cannot get used to the forum
Closed Thread