BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
truenorthh

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default Sync Issues - there is no more space to write the following history file

Please Login to Remove!

Someone please help me!

I tried to sync by blackberry Curve 8530 organiser data and am getting an error message similar to:

"There is no more disk space to write the following history file:

c:\docume~1\my name\applic~1\resear~1\blackb~1\intellisync\\24f72 e52\1.wrk

Please free up some disk space on the specified drive by deleting unneeded files and press Retry, or press Cancel to terminate."

I have searched the internet for hours upon hours for the solution and have not found it. Even in this forum, I have found 5 seperate threads that all seem exactly relevant and none of these threads have offered a solution (and all are locked).

In searching the blackberry support forum, also no answer. Just some mumbojumbo about Intellisync errors but no relevent solutions.

I have no partitions on my drive, I am running Windows 7, have over 250 GB of free space on my HD. I have tried reinstalling Blackberry Desktop software, but the same error happens.

I've owned a few blackberrys in the past and never had problems. Also, have been syncing this one (Curve 8530) weekly for a few months and never had this problem until now.

Thanks for helping!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Sync Issues - there is no more space to write the following history file

Soumds like an Intellesync problem.

Reboot your PC and see if that resolves it.

If not, do a clean install of the latest version of DM. See the yellow sticky at the top of the Help Section ("If DM won't connect")

Delete all temp files and empty the trash.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
truenorthh

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Thumbs up Re: Sync Issues - there is no more space to write the following history file

Hey Dubdub,

Yep, that worked!

I did the reboot, it did not fix anything.

Then I deleted all the Windows temp files and emptied the recycling bin. Still no change.

Then I did a complete CLEAN install of Desktop Manager and reconfigured where all the organizer data is mapped to (eg specific Outlook Account, settings, etc). This worked like a charm.

I guess before I was only doing a Repair Install and all the settings were staying as they originally were. The CLEAN intall fixed it.

Thanks a million for your help!
Closed Thread