Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
StevieH84

Model: 9105
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Blackberry Pearl 9105 3G Phone Questions

Please Login to Remove!

I just got my BB Pearl 9105 yesterday, and when im texting the predictive text usually makes me mess up. I have searched through all the options and cannot find the menu to allow me to turn off the predictive text for good. I can use the shift key to get rid of it but it reverts back somehow. Anyone know how to turn off the predictive text!

Also can anyone who has 1 tell me what the dead small image roughly about 5x5 pixels that is in the center off the home screen about??. It pops up for a second or 2 and go's again, it spins around and disappears again. It's doing my head in lol. Also how come on my phone i didnt get any apps like FlikR / Facebook/Myspace etc, but my mate who got a new phone as well, his are allready in the apps folder, mines empty!! Hope mines not being passed off as new and is a recon phone, coz i wouldnt be happy with that deal.
Steven
Old 08-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

The dead small image is a clock, its telling you its busy. This usually occrus when you have too many applications running at once.

Also, those applications are never pre-installed. They may however be links to download the apps, these are created by service books. Which are pushed once you've registered your device on BIS.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
StevieH84

Hello MD
Thanks for the info on the clock, is there any way how i can tell whats running on the phone at any time as i'm not sure i had anything running since it was only out off the box 2 hours?? Also these books, will my phone go and download them by its self. Phone is reg'd on BIS or i think it is. Is there anyway i can confirm its registered??. I'm sure i read somewhere today saying, when its connected to BIS it says 3G/EDGE/GPRS rather than 3g/edge/gprs. My mates new phone today for some reason allready must off had the books downloaded, coz they were allready on there, unless his is a recon phone and not new.
cheers for reply
Steven
Can i force/push my phone to get the apps and any other stuff updated etc in anyway. Also what version of os etc is the latest one??
Old 08-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Yes, menu - switch application.
5 will be always on that list: browser (make sure you dont leave it on an active page), messages, home, phone and blackberry messenger.

once registered, the service books are pushed, because you should get (if setup) a seperate email inbox for the email addresses setup.
Yes you're correct RE capitalization of network status with regards to BIS.

No, you have to download them yourself. Could use App World, which will at least tell you when theres an update to an app.
Latest version can be found in the stickied thread in this forum "Latest Os" inc. instructions on how to upgrade.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
StevieH84

MD my browser is on active page shall i take it off that as it may be that whats making phone busy. So what your saying is there will be about 5 apps running anymore than 5 i can close them down??

Cannot find switch application via Menu, MD. Will my 9105 be different & what shall i leave browser on, as i was going to change it coz i get something about an XML Error.

Last edited by StevieH84; 08-20-2010 at 05:19 PM..
Old 08-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Yes, make sure you always go menu - close out of the browser.
And yes.

Ah, erm try holding the menu button down for a couple of seconds, that may bring up the application switcher.

By active, I mean a page that will update itself. But always menu - close out of the browser to make sure.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
StevieH84

OK MD i will try it when i'm on a break as phones are banned in work time, I'm able to use computer though hehe. When i get to swtch app do i get option to close down, probably will. I did use the browser but when i finished all i done was click the button with the finish call icon [red], so may have left it running. Thanks for helping me as i'm new to the BB, having jumped over from a Nokia 5800.

Last edited by StevieH84; 08-20-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Old 08-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

No, you have to go into that app and use menu - close to close out of the app.
Which is why its helpful to remember doing it when leaving an application.

Yes, red call button leaves applications running, never do that if you're not going back into it straight away.

No probs.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
SONAM

Model: 9100
Carrier: reliance

IIII NEEDDDDD HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!1
I JST GOT MY NEW PEARL 3G 9100.... I WANT 2 DOWNLOAD SUMGUD MUSIC USING MY PC BUT M REALLY SCARED TO DO DAT JST BCOZ OF THE RUMORS DAT BLACKBERRYS R VERY SENSITIVE TOWARDS THE VIRUS TRANSMITTER THRU PC...
CAN NE 1 TELL ME HOW SHUD I GO ABT IT?
DOES MY PHONE REQUIRE NE ANTI VIRUS? IF YES, HOW CAN I GET IT?
I WANT 2 HAV GUD THEMES 4 MY PHONE AS WELL BUT AGAIN AFRD 2 DO SO!!!11
pPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZHELP ME!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
SONAM

Model: 9100
Carrier: reliance
Default Scared Of Viruses Thru Pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IIII NEEDDDDD HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!1
I JST GOT MY NEW PEARL 3G 9100.... I WANT 2 DOWNLOAD SUMGUD MUSIC USING MY PC BUT M REALLY SCARED TO DO DAT JST BCOZ OF THE RUMORS DAT BLACKBERRYS R VERY SENSITIVE TOWARDS THE VIRUS TRANSMITTER THRU PC...
CAN NE 1 TELL ME HOW SHUD I GO ABT IT?
DOES MY PHONE REQUIRE NE ANTI VIRUS? IF YES, HOW CAN I GET IT?
I WANT 2 HAV GUD THEMES 4 MY PHONE AS WELL BUT AGAIN AFRD 2 DO SO!!!11
pPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZHELP ME!
Old 08-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #11
StevieH84

MD Well i must off had loads of apps running because ive not seen the clock around today since you explained the proper way to close apps down. BTW MD, When i switch between apps via the menu/switch app button does that close the app down properly as well then??
Old 08-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #12
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

No, the app switcher will switch to the open app, at which point, you menu - close out of it.
It won't close the app when you switch to it.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #13
StevieH84

I'm going to get into a habit off just closing down apps via close button, that way i'll know ive not left them running lol. Also MD, the volume buttons on the right hand side what will they change the volume for, as i couldnt change the volume for the phone ringing via them. Bet they just change the media player volume do they?

Another thing .. that right side convenience button doesnt feel like the left side. I can click the left side button and up pops the app. The right side button when i click it for camera [ default] it takes a few clicks to get it working. Does the button on your phone behave/feel this way MD??

Last edited by StevieH84; 08-22-2010 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #14
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

The change the volume within in a call, and within the media player.

I no longer own a blackberry, and it was a different model anyway.
The default for that button is camera, and as such is also the "snapshot" button. Pressing slightly will focus within the camera app (if memory serves) and then all the way will take the picture.
Therefore it may require more pressure than the left.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:43 AM   #15
StevieH84

MD
Can you answer this as it's bugging me... Does the right button open the camera?? as i have button on default which is camera but it doesnt turn the camera on. am i missing something, like maybes i have to startup the camera 1st another way, then, use that button to operate the camera??
Old 08-26-2010, 03:31 AM   #16
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Push it a little harder is the first suggestion.
Check to make sure its set to camera as default.
Try opening the camera with the icon (sometimes hidden) in applications folder. If you can't open it at all, try a battery pull.

Closed Thread