Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
reyrey64

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default BBM Help! please :)

Please Login to Remove!

First off, just wanted to say hello to everyone in the BB community, i never knew there were so many crackberry addicts out there ;) haha

Well, i was just wondering if any body here would be able to help me solve my problem. I have had my blackberry javelin 8900 for about a month now, but just got my data services today.

when i woke up this morning, i checked my phone and when i opened the menu i saw the upgrade to get BBM 5. so, i went ahead and clicked the link, and installed it. once installation was complete, it said that the phone had to be reset for BBM to work so i did so.

Now, when my phone booted up again, i can't find BBM anywhere under downloads, applications, or anywhere on the menu, HOWEVER, when i run the apploader, it says BBM5 is installed.

i've already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, as well as a battery-removal reset, but nothing seems to work!

im not sure what info you guys need, but i am currently running OS v 4.6.1.28 (platform 4.2.0.33)

thank you for taking the time to read this! and appreciate any help that i can get.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
reyrey64

also, in addition, this is my first blackberry, so i am not very familiar with all the device/software lingo, so if you could please be very thorough and specific it would make it alot easier for me! thanks you again.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
suprafanatic26
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

it might be placed under "Instant Messaging" but then again you did say that you checked everywhere..have u tried to hit the "menu" button while in the menu to bring up a list, in that list select "show all" and check again throughout the menus and see if the shortcut was hidden?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
reyrey64

i've tried all of that, nothing :( althought i do not ahve a folder or anything called 'instant messaging'

i had someone send me a pin request though. and the message said that i needed to have BBM installed, but, as earlier stated, when i run the apploader it says i have it installed.

IM SO CONFUSED :( this is my first blackberry too, ahha..
Old 01-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
blackout626

Model: 9900
PIN: 28CDFBCB
Carrier: AT&T

Also, I'm not sure if your OS supports this, but on the homescreen, try holding down the menu button for 1 second to bring up kind of a task manager. It displays all your running apps. Scroll through that (left and right) list and if your BBM is installed and running, you'll see it on that list. Click it to access it.

If it's there, then it's just a matter of finding the icon. Like Supra said... select to "show all" on the homescreen and just go through the icons one by one. Who knows, the icon might have changed in appearance.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
reyrey64

still nothing :(
i can press the short-cut key (i've customized it to do so) on the left side of the device which brings up my app menu, but bbm is no longer there either.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
suprafanatic26

Carrier: T-Mobile

when u installed it, was it through Blackberry App world?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: tmo

this happened to me... its probably a bug in os 5. from the mobile browser, go to http://blackberry.com/messenger and reinstall. after i did that i got BBM back and it hasn't gone away since.