Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
elnieves

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telcel
Default Blackberry Desktop Redirector Trouble

Please Login to Remove!

I installed desktop redirector on my companys laptop, it has exchange 2003 server and office 2003. On my blackberry pearl i dont have any trouble redirecting my emails and sending emails using my pearl. However i tried to do the same on some coworkers and in 4 of 5 it was done with minimal trouble but I cannot get one phone to redirect emails.

On one persons blackberry 8300 i cannot connect to the server, it does not automatically connect like the other 4 persons and myself do without much trouble. I cannot open the redirector sofwtare it keeps displaying a message that says i cannot connect to the messages server. and with desktop software does not connect either it keeps showing offline. I have tried uninstalling and installing the software and so far i cannot connecto to the server. It does seem strange to me that in 5 of 6 phone i did not have much trouble redirecting emails.

I came here to see some suggestions, options to try to correct this situation given your previous experiences if someone can help me thank you.

Sorry for the bad english, but spanish is my main language.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
evansc22

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Default Sounds like a Possible DNS or Physical connectivity issue

elnieves,

I'm not sure, but this sounds like a DNS (Domain Name Server) or physical connectivity issue on the single desktop that isn't connecting. Did I understand you correctly when you said the one phone that doesn't work properly also doesn't connect to the mail server using the Outlook client? Can you get to any website from this machine?

Do you know the name of your Outlook server? To find the server name go to Tools --> email accounts. Check the radio button for "View or Change existing e-mail accounts". Click Next. You will probably see "Microsoft Exchange Server" in the white box. Be sure it's highlighted. Click "Change". The Exchange server name will show up in the top field. Write this down. Click Cancel to get out without making changes (very important, so as not to screw something up).

To test connectivity to the Exchange server from the client that doesn't work, do this:

Click Start
Click Run
Type CMD in the box (assuming you're using Windows 2000 or above)

In the DOS box type: ping ExchangeServerName (This is what you wrote down above)
Hit Enter

If you see "Reply From IP Address with 32 bytes of data ....etc", then you have a good connection, and I'm not sure what's wrong. If you get "Request Timed Out...", then you need to contact your IT Department and discuss with them why you can't see the Exchange server. The problem could be cabling, a firewall that's loaded, etc.

Good luck!
Closed Thread